MA MA - Giovanni Colon-Gonzalez, 5, Lynn, 15 Aug 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm not saying there isn't, but I didn't see anything unusual in the picture. What did you see?

It sounds like he knew that with his background he probably wouldn't get visitation (maybe supervised, definitely not custody). I hope, hope, hope that he has just taken him to a friend or family member's house in hopes he can keep him. Stupid, I know but he doesn't sound like the brightest crayon in the box either.

The unexplained cut on the dad's hand bothers me.

Praying for Giovanni, that he's safe and will be found soon.

I'm not saying there isn't, but I didn't see anything unusual in the picture. What did you see?

Detachment. There's such a contrast of expression (or lack of) between Ernesto's eyes and Giovanni's.

I, too, pray for Giovanni's safe return.

Okay, now I see what you mean. He doesn't even have his arms around his son.

believe09,

You should be getting some sleep. It has been an emotional 24 hours and you have to be exhausted. This little one will be here tomorrow for you.

God love you.

believe09,

You should be getting some sleep. It has been an emotional 24 hours and you have to be exhausted. This little one will be here tomorrow for you.

God love you.

:blowkiss:

I too, am praying that this child is in PR with a loving relative and that they will come forward soon.

Believe, you have done an awesome job here (as always) and nice backup from you Capoly!

Can we get copies of the arrest and search warrants? I'll try to take a look around the Boston/Lynn Court scene soon.

I wonder if this man has a myspace?

Salem

This is now on America's Most Wanted for Giovanni:

"Last seen between the times of 11-12:30 on August 16 while attending an appointment at the Lynn Behavioral Health Clinic: Union ST, Lynn, Mass.........Police believe Giovanni was with his father on the weekend of August 15. Witnesses at the Lynn Behavioral Clinic reported seeing Giovanni on August 16, 2008, while accompanying his father to a scheduled appointment. The two were seen together between 11:00 a.m. and 12:30 p.m."

http://www.amw.com/missing_children/case.cfm?id=58380

Don't recall reading this in any newspaper article. Giovanni was in Ernesto's care at that time. This would (imo) tend to lean towards an unplanned disappearance of Giovanni considering Ernesto initially told police he didn't have Giovanni that weekend.

believe09, right back at you! :blowkiss: Hope you were able to sleep a bit.

I know-I know of a person who was in a similar situation, and to be honest it can be very, very difficult to know when you are deciding something in the best interests of the child and when you are keeping the child from their bio parent-

I just got off of the phone with the State Police who are searching Lynn right now-it sounds as if they have a lead or two they are trying to exhaust before they call for an all out search. I gave them the option of calling me back if there was a need to quickly round up volunteers and that I would contact the Molly Bish foundation for them and give them my contact info with TES if necessary....Please GOD let Giovanni be stashed somewhere....Please.

IMO It seems we need to have a "fit parent" testing, if it would work it would save alot of these innocent children, unfortunately it most likely would not and people would be screaming "rights".
I know it happens yet it really bothers me that some children have such parents through no choice of thier own.

The Lynn Behavioral Health Clinic treats drug addictions. Perhaps a drug deal gone bad with Giovanni taken for collateral? Might explain the knife wound to Ernesto's hand.

IMO It seems we need to have a "fit parent" testing, if it would work it would save alot of these innocent children, unfortunately it most likely would not and people would be screaming "rights".
I know it happens yet it really bothers me that some children have such parents through no choice of thier own.

Concur.

Giovanni Gonzalez
America's Most Wanted, DC - 18 hours ago
Ernesto Gonzalez has a mysterious cut on his hand that he claims happened during a struggle. On August 15, 2008, Daisy Colon, Giovanni Gonzalez’s mother, ...

5-year-old boy's anxious mother waits for word on missing son

"The boy's father appears to lack both the financial and social resources needed if someone were trying to hide the child, Blodgett said. He is something of a loner who does not own a car, does not have a girlfriend, and is not known to have a wide circle of friends, the prosecutor said.

"We do not believe he had a significant other or friend that would be helpful in this regard," he said.

Blodgett said the search will continue. "It is our duty to keep searching for him," he said. "There is a lot of manpower still being spent on this case. We are hoping and keeping ourselves optimistic that he is alive somewhere."

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...anxious_mother_waits_for_word_on_missing_son/

This latest article concerns me. It says there is probably not anyone to help Gonzales hide the boy. But other articles indicate that Gonzales has other children that he interacts with fairly frequently. Where are the mothers of these other children? They should be offering some type of background.

Wouldn't it be uncommon for Gonzales to be a good father with all the other children and a "bad" father with this one? That is what makes me think he sent the boy somewhere.

I do have to agree with you other sleuthers about the picture though. It is very odd and gives me an uneasy feeling. The father is not touching the boy at all and yet the child sits in his lap. And I agree about the "disconnection" in the look on Gonzales' face. However Giovanni looks happy and does not seem to notice that his dad is having "issues" at the moment.

Salem

The dad's appointment at the behavioral clinic probably included some kind of drug testing if there was an addiction problem. If that is the case and he is not voluntarily trying to quit, he probably went straight out to score when he left the clinic.

I'm thinking either he had no money and used the kid for payment, or stashed the kid somewhere unsafe so the child would not witness him using and tell his mother.

Or tested dirty and realized he would not win any custody at the hearing on Sept 15, so decided to take matters into his own hands? I do hope not!

I'm holding out hope that he has other children he has not harmed, so he has probably stashed this child somewhere.

O/T - isn't strange that this case is getting very little attention but the circumstances are very, very similar to what happened with Caylee Anthony?

Salem

O/T - isn't strange that this case is getting very little attention but the circumstances are very, very similar to what happened with Caylee Anthony? (snipped)

Salem

Not really too strange. It's a boy missing and the father is the suspect. The Holloway, Mccann & Anthony cases or have some mysterious flamboyant ring to them, involve pretty girls and there's much for us to debate. There's not much mysterious about Giovanni's case.

I don't think his being hispanic has anything to do with it. Jesus De La Cruz
(http://www.lynnpolice.org/jesus_delacruz.htm) is still being looked for and loved by many who never even knew him. I have 6 grandchildren, 3 are 1/2african american, 1 is 1/2 chinese, 1 is 1/2 Italian, 1 is 1/2 jewish and I am white. God forbid one were to go missing but if one did- I'm bringing all the skeletons out of the closet in order to keep people enthralled and on the lookout. But I'd be counting on people like you and believe09 to really be the ones LOOKING for my grandchild.

I asked Tony Padilla to do for Giovanni what he is doing for Caylee. This was his reply:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2530938&highlight=capoly#post2530938

I believe he was touched and would sincerely want to help if Caylee's case was not so overwhemling.

OT: Is there a spell check for posting?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMN0406