MA MA - Giovanni Colon-Gonzalez, 5, Lynn, 15 Aug 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How could Tony Padilla help other than bailing the father out of jail?

How could Tony Padilla help other than bailing the father out of jail?

Same help as what is hoped to be achieved by bailing Casey out, get the parent to talk and bring the child home. As Salem pointed out, both children are missing under similiar situations what with both parents refusing to say where the child is and both held under $500,000 bond.

DA: We'll keep looking for Giovanni

By Dan O'Brien / The Daily Item
LYNN - The prosecutor overseeing the search for a 5-year-old boy - now missing for six days - says police plan to maintain an exhaustive search, even if it means getting on their "hands and knees" to find Giovanni Gonzalez.

John Dawley of the Essex County District Attorney's Office said at a Thursday afternoon press conference that police have searched, and will continue to search, downtown Lynn and the Flax Pond area as long as they need to.

http://www.itemlive.com/

Poor baby! It's not looking good. I'll be saying many prayers for Giovanni.

Same help as what is hoped to be achieved by bailing Casey out, get the parent to talk and bring the child home. As Salem pointed out, both children are missing under similiar situations what with both parents refusing to say where the child is and both held under $500,000 bond.

Please excuse me for not seeing what help bailing Casey out has been in finding Caylee. I'm very skeptical and I would be in this case as well.

I can't find any court records. I don't think I'm searching them out right. Anyone have any tips? I would love to see the search warrant and the arrest warrant. Someone found them for Caylee, so I would think we could find them here.

Maybe I'll go look at that thread and see if I can figure anything out. If anyone has any tips, I would be very grateful :)

Salem

I can't find any court records. I don't think I'm searching them out right. Anyone have any tips? I would love to see the search warrant and the arrest warrant. Someone found them for Caylee, so I would think we could find them here.

Maybe I'll go look at that thread and see if I can figure anything out. If anyone has any tips, I would be very grateful :)

Salem

I couldn't find any court documents either, Salem, though figured it was more due to my not knowing my arse from my elbow when it comes to sleuthing. The Daily Item stated they obtained info re bloody mop from the arrest warrant but they didn't link to the warrant itself.

Florida seems a might more open with their records.

I couldn't find any court documents either, Salem, though figured it was more due to my not knowing my arse from my elbow when it comes to sleuthing. The Daily Item stated they obtained info re bloody mop from the arrest warrant but they didn't link to the warrant itself.

Florida seems a might more open with their records.

I guess so. I've been all over the court site and the Lynn Police Dept site and can't find anything. I also noticed on the Caylee thread that copies of the search warrant (or links) came from the local paper and/or the OCSD.

Maybe I'll try sending the newspaper an email to see if they can provide a link.

Have you tried looking for the dad on myspace? That's next for me :crazy:

Salem

Please excuse me for not seeing what help bailing Casey out has been in finding Caylee. I'm very skeptical and I would be in this case as well.

No need to be excused, SewingDeb, I am skeptical as well re bailing out a parent being of any help. But my feeling of helplessness overrode my skepticism and so I asked Mr. Padilla for help for Giovanni.

Have you tried looking for the dad on myspace? That's next for me :crazy:

Salem

:crazy: is right LOL. I don't quite understand myspace. Heavy graphics, dark pages, loud music, bizarre virtual tunnels as one clicks on friend after friend!

Disturbing evidence found in home of missing boy's father

According to The Daily Item of Lynn, a search warrant served indicates a bloody mop was found at Ernesto Gonzalez' apartment. The searches were conducted Monday by state police investigators.

The documents said police also took kitchen knives, a computer and cell phone from the apartment.

http://www.necn.com/Boston/New-Engl...-home-of-missing-boys-father-/1219454635.html

Thank you for checking myspace. lizzybeth.

Home > News

Ernesto Gonzalez’ 2 Brightwood Terrace apartment in Lynn, where police discovered a bloody mop during a search earlier this week. Item photo / Reba M. SaldanhaPolice find bloody mop at home of missing Lynn boy's father

By Thor Jourgensen and Henry J. Collins / The Daily Item

LYNN - Police found a bloody mop in Ernesto Gonzalez' apartment during a search they conducted this week in the wake of his son, Giovanni's, disappearance last Sunday.

The mop's discovery Monday prompted police to apply for a search warrant Wednesday in an effort to retrieve any sign of blood from Gonzalez' 2 Brightwood Terrace apartment.

Essex County District Attorney Jonathan Blodgett said Friday night any time blood is found it is a concern but all involved in the search are still hoping Giovanni is alive.

"Finding blood like we did is always a concern but at this point we do not know whose blood it is," Blodgett said. "We will not know whose blood it is until the scientific results come back."

Blodgett said a door-to-door search as well as roadblocks would be used this weekend as the search for Giovanni continues. Blodgett said fliers would be handed out to people as investigators look for help locating the boy.

"In addition to continuing the search efforts this weekend, work with the FBI will be ongoing as we try to put together a profile on Ernesto Gonzalez and construct what may have happened," Blodgett said. "At this point we have reviewed almost all of the Transportation Safety Authority tape from Logan as well as Puerto Rico and nothing indicates that (Giovanni) left Boston or arrived in Puerto Rico." The Monday search and Wednesday follow up took place even as police combed the city on foot and in the air this week for any sign of the missing boy.

Giovanni Gonzalez, 5, has been missing since Sunday evening when his mother went to pick him up at his father's downtown apartment building after dropping him off there on Aug. 15.

After not being able to locate the boy or Gonzalez, she called police who questioned the father who, in turn, told them his son was not with him and that he had not seen the boy since the previous week.

Gonzalez entered an innocent plea to a child endangerment charge Monday and is being held in the Essex County House of Correction.
The mop was damp and partly stained reddish brown when investigators found it. A State Police chemist tested the mop using what the police search warrant application referred to as a "presumptive screening test for blood."

"The presumptive screening test for blood resulted in a positive finding on both the mop and the cover of the pine cleaner," State Trooper Brandon Arakelian stated in the search affidavit.

In applying Monday for a warrant to search Gonzalez' apartment for signs of blood and other bodily fluids, as well as hair and other items, Arakelian noted that police observed "an open cut and a bandaged finger" on Gonzalez' left hand Sunday.

"When asked how recent the injuries were, Gonzalez would not provide information about the injury," the application stated.

Police also took toys, two pairs of jeans, a belt, a child's bicycle and helmet, lighter fluid, trash bags, a knife from a drawer, a knife retrieved from the apartment kitchen floor and other items including swabs from the kitchen and bathroom sink knobs following Monday's search.

State Police armed with a warrant also took a Dell computer and Nokia cell phone from Gonzalez' apartment on Monday.

In applying for the warrant, Trooper Michael Murphy wrote: "I know that it is not unusual for individuals involved in homicides, child abuse, and child endangerment-related cases to memorialize their victims' abuse and/or deaths through audio and or video media for later viewing, for guilt relief or for enjoyment as trophies."

Daisy Colon continued holding out hope Friday her son will be found alive even as America's Most Wanted posted Giovanni's picture and information regarding his disappearance on its Web site.

The Web site listed a Union Street clinic as one of the last places where father and son were seen Saturday afternoon. According to the Web site, Ernesto Gonzalez went to an appointment at the Lynn Behavioral Health Clinic on Union Street between 11 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Saturday with Giovanni.

The clinic is actually a department of the Lynn Community Health Center located in 298 Union St. across from the Center.

Center Director Lori Abrams Berry said the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act prevents her from commenting on or confirming Gonzalez' association with the clinic which, she said, treats "a lot of people with major and minor mental health problems."

Nothing new in the news today about Giovanni. I still wonder why they haven't used tracking dogs. Or have they and I just missed reading of it?

When I talked with the state police they had helicopters and dogs going. Interestingly enough a family I was speaking to at length regarding another case was listening to the helicopters searching as late as yesterday since they were not far from Giovanni's house.

I am afraid this is no longer search and recovery, so I will let everyone know if I get a call looking for volunteers...

:confused:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMN0406
Back