Found Deceased MA - Jaimee Mendez, 25, Swampscott, 6 Nov 2014 - #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How would you explain the scratch marks that Jaimee's family spotted on him when they first confronted him, or the piece of rug from his van, or the way it was set up like a bedroom, his status as a sexual predator which had to have been active since he was 18, because that perp picture of his is much older than 18?

Personally, I don't. But that he is a sexual predator and apparently a career criminal does not automatically and by itself make him guilty of anything other than being a despicable blot on the face of humanity.

Just want to throw something out in a totally opposite direction, as I notice several articles will not mention the RSO, as he is not a suspect. Also, LE has said he is not a suspect even after almost a week investigation. The family has heavily, very heavily, thrown his name around. Could it be possible that he is just a man who had bad mistakes and has nothing to do with this? Wouldn't be the first time. I don't know what to think about this. I am curious about her life. Others in it?

Not that I'm defending this guy AT ALL, but I did the math earlier and his RSO status stemmed from a crime he committed when he was 18 and the girl (the younger sister of one of his friends) was 13. Always wrong, no excuses, EVER. I can't say that, enough.

However, that being said, from all I've read he has never been charged (or even suspected) with another sex-related crime since, and that was nearly 20 years ago. It just doesn't feel accurate using the label "sexual predator" for that reason alone. I mean, for all I know he is one, he just hasn't been caught. But since his criminal record shows only 1 incident and that nearly 20 years ago, it just feels off, especially when there are genuine, unmistakable sexual predators out there.

I don't know, but if I were him, and really didn't have anything to do with her disappearance BUT had this legal status hanging over my head, I'd be scared too. Maybe I'd run? Maybe I'd hide? I don't know. If it turns out I was completely wrong about this guy I'll gladly eat this post.

I just hope they find her, and soon, and that she's okay. I don't have a good feeling about it but miracles do happen.

All we know is that he has not been formally charged. They seized his vehicle(s) and, likely, exercised a search warrant on the garage if not the home. He has been named as being associated with the disappearance. Clearly. He has also been named as the owner of at least one of the vehicles that was seized. At Websleuths our flexibility permits active discussion of RSO's in proximity to the victim and you cant get much closer than him. Just sayin.

I want to make sure we dont slide down a slope in regards to Jaimee and her presence in his life though-her family and friends are likely reading here and we want to show them that not only do we have some incredible resources, we are very victim friendly. I happen to believe that she did all of the right things to get herself out of a bad situation but clearly the situation was worse than she knew at the time.

If Fleury has a history of assault and restraining orders, it ticks another box on the side of the sheet that indicates he had trouble taking her desire to leave gracefully.

Personally, I don't. But that he is a sexual predator and apparently a career criminal does not automatically and by itself make him guilty of anything other than being a despicable blot on the face of humanity.

So a rare mistake and panic on his part or others stepping in and making her disappear? Do you know something not yet shared? Anything is possible. The possibility of the second woman being a ruse of sorts he may have set into action is there, to get heat off of him, to distract, cast doubt, while he's free to do it. We'll see how the woman in the hospital and her family pan out. Her sister stood on some steps showing her picture in one of the MSM, and she said her dad had urged her to call the police, to see if her sister was involved. Well two things wrong with that. One, when Jaimee Mendez name first came up, the sister of the woman in the hospital already must have known her sister knew this guy, yet she wasn't curious enough to look for her suster. Hours after her sister name came up, social media had her at the hospital. Second, why would she need her dad to urge her, rather why would she displace the decision to look for her sister at her Dad's urging? You're sister is missing, you react like Alyssa Mendez, you go after her, you don't wait around wondering about some strange dude, it would seem to me. Then when the heat is on him, step up, or maybe you do. I'd prefer to be completely wrong on this one.

I think to believe that he has no responsibility here, you would have to believe that 100 cops and 4 jurisdictions of law enforcement are taking the word of this family over a guy who hasnt been charged with a sex offense in 20 years. And that this amount of resources has been deployed in areas associated with him based on a say so. And that all of this searching, including the ground and air and dog support, is being spent based on nothing solid.

I just dont believe that. I think that all jurisdictions have solid direct evidence leading them to believe that Jaimee has been hidden somewhere and that it is urgent that she be found as soon as possible.

I think that Fleury, if he has a role here, has a very small window where he is going to be able to tell his story and his side of what happened after Jaimee's last contact with her friends and family.

All we know is that he has not been formally charged. They seized his vehicle(s) and, likely, exercised a search warrant on the garage if not the home. He has been named as being associated with the disappearance. Clearly. He has also been named as the owner of at least one of the vehicles that was seized. At Websleuths our flexibility permits active discussion of RSO's in proximity to the victim and you cant get much closer than him. Just sayin.

I want to make sure we dont slide down a slope in regards to Jaimee and her presence in his life though-her family and friends are likely reading here and we want to show them that not only do we have some incredible resources, we are very victim friendly. I happen to believe that she did all of the right things to get herself out of a bad situation but clearly the situation was worse than she knew at the time.

If Fleury has a history of assault and restraining orders, it ticks another box on the side of the sheet that indicates he had trouble taking her desire to leave gracefully.

With that being said, he and his family can be reading too. He has not been named a suspect as stated by LE. All we are allowed to state as RSO's in the area to Jaimee and what has been said in MSM. Nothing beyond that. We can't sleuth him or any other RSos. LE hasn't named him a POI for a reason. I follow many cases on here and I find that interesting with what we have read so far. Makes me think they see things very differently. Now, could it turn out he's responsible? Absolutely!

I am following another case on here. Teen girl is missing. No idea what happen. WAY less info then this, but mom and step dad are suspects. Suspects of what because no crime is listed? Here I think they could for sure say POI, if they felt it.

I think to believe that he has no responsibility here, you would have to believe that 100 cops and 4 jurisdictions of law enforcement are taking the word of this family over a guy who hasnt been charged with a sex offense in 20 years. And that this amount of resources has been deployed in areas associated with him based on a say so. And that all of this searching, including the ground and air and dog support, is being spent based on nothing solid.

I just dont believe that. I think that all jurisdictions have solid direct evidence leading them to believe that Jaimee has been hidden somewhere and that it is urgent that she be found as soon as possible.

I think that Fleury, if he has a role here, has a very small window where he is going to be able to tell his story and his side of what happened after Jaimee's last contact with her friends and family.

I think he may not what happened to her. But, not be responsible for her death. If she is deceased. This may be why they have not gone POI/suspect because they believe she died accidently. But, I guess they could do POI for hindering police work.

I am hoping that today's searches have brought everyone closer to her location. A shout out to everyone here who has been throwing up maps and links. I appreciate being kept so immediately up to date.

Did you see on the FB page that a Billboard has gone up on Rt 1 in Saugus? Fantastic! I keep thinking about her baby and how confusing it must be. I hope there is more movement very soon.

Did you see on the FB page that a Billboard has gone up on Rt 1 in Saugus? Fantastic! I keep thinking about her baby and how confusing it must be. I hope there is more movement very soon.

I agree. My heart goes out to her son. I can't imagine how difficult it is for any child to understand.

So a rare mistake and panic on his part or others stepping in and making her disappear? Do you know something not yet shared? Anything is possible. The possibility of the second woman being a ruse of sorts he may have set into action is there, to get heat off of him, to distract, cast doubt, while he's free to do it. We'll see how the woman in the hospital and her family pan out. Her sister stood on some steps showing her picture in one of the MSM, and she said her dad had urged her to call the police, to see if her sister was involved. Well two things wrong with that. One, when Jaimee Mendez name first came up, the sister of the woman in the hospital already must have known her sister knew this guy, and wasn't curious. Why would she need her dad to urge her, rather why would she displace the decision to look for her sister at her Dad's urging? You're sister is missing, you react like Alyssa Mendez, you go after her, you don't wait around wondering about some strange dude, it would seem to me. Then when the heat is on him, step up, or maybe you do. I'd prefer to be completely wrong on this one.

BBM - Stephanie's sister claims she was not aware of the connection between JF and her sister until her Mom said she knew him but as Jay and not Jason so the connection was not immediate. Paraphrasing, IMO, MOO and all.

Given some of the rumors going down around here, I'm going to say there's a possibility that the guy is...not innocent, but possibly not responsible for her disappearance or death. (Probably guilty of lots of other things though.)

How can I put this? There might be a business relationship involved, and something to do with competitors and clients. Not drugs, or not primarily drugs anyway.

P.s. I'm not suggesting that she worked for this guy. Caught on the crossfire, more like.

carbuff your post intrigued me earlier but I somehow got side tracked and neglected to reply. Are you local enough to this to share more on your thoughts? Of course rumors are just that but I for one would be interested in a theory you may have? Just use lots of IMO, MOO, FWIW etc.

I now find myself on the fence :fence: about JF. TIA!

So a rare mistake and panic on his part or others stepping in and making her disappear? Do you know something not yet shared? Anything is possible. The possibility of the second woman being a ruse of sorts he may have set into action is there, to get heat off of him, to distract, cast doubt, while he's free to do it. We'll see how the woman in the hospital and her family pan out. Her sister stood on some steps showing her picture in one of the MSM, and she said her dad had urged her to call the police, to see if her sister was involved. Well two things wrong with that. One, when Jaimee Mendez name first came up, the sister of the woman in the hospital already must have known her sister knew this guy, and wasn't curious. Why would she need her dad to urge her, rather why would she displace the decision to look for her sister at her Dad's urging? You're sister is missing, you react like Alyssa Mendez, you go after her, you don't wait around wondering about some strange dude, it would seem to me. Then when the heat is on him, step up, or maybe you do. I'd prefer to be completely wrong on this one.

I'm just thinking of the possible uses for a bedroom van, and other people who might make use of something like that or be involved in it, and the ways one could run afoul of the people making use of something like that.

carbuff your post intrigued me earlier but I somehow got side tracked and neglected to reply. Are you local enough to this to share more on your thoughts? Of course rumors are just that but I for one would be interested in a theory you may have? Just use lots of IMO, MOO, FWIW etc.

I now find myself on the fence :fence: about JF. TIA!

I'm not really local to it. About an hour's drive from here. A woman I used to work with lives in the area and filled me in on some scuttlebutt, but I wouldn't be comfortable doing more than I already said. Other than that there seems to be a pretty widespread belief that JF might not have been directly involved.

I'm just thinking of the possible uses for a bedroom van, and other people who might make use of something like that or be involved in it, and the ways one could run afoul of the people making use of something like that.

If he had enemies who did this, set him up, they would've done a better job then to let him walk away as not even a POI, or selling him down the river now with incriminating things they know about him to LE, to assure it. He may be part of something bigger than just himself, but all that I know so far is that he is a vain, child molesting liar who just ruined his own family's life, at least. So he doesn't strike me as the trust building type, but more of a manipulator. He may have manipulated some form of an accomplice. It seems like nothing else matters to him but his own needs. If he had nothing to hide, how come he didn't help to find her?

I'm not really local to it. About an hour's drive from here. A woman I used to work with lives in the area and filled me in on some scuttlebutt, but I wouldn't be comfortable doing more than I already said. Other than that there seems to be a pretty widespread belief that JF might not have been directly involved.

I am local & I've heard similar...then again, it seems this guys past was common knowledge among many.

Jmo but I'm inclined to think he is involved at least in some capacity. She was with him prior to being missing and called for help. And he's a RSO with a criminal past. I start with him. The odds of her leaving his presence and falling prey to someone else are slim imo. The only other option for me is that they all have a drug history and issue and she's somewhere else because of it. Being that her phone and possible clothes were found don't make me think that's the case.

RE: having a bedroom in your van. I know it sounds creepy but for many (many and women alike) it actually makes sense. NOT because they're a creepy, traveling pervert but because they live on the go. Growing up in western WA knew a lot of people that would travel up to Alaska to work seasonal jobs on commercial fishing boats and almost all of them either had a vehicle they'd use just like this, or a partner or friend who did. It's living on the cheap while raking in a *really* good wage.

I don't know if it's like this on the east coast, but it was really common on the west coast. Just wanted to throw this out there for those who might not know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24