MA MA - Joan Risch, 30, Lincoln, 24 Oct 1961

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BostonSu, Can you please link to the information about the handset being disconnected? Everything I've read, including the write-up on charleyproject, where the author is very careful about what qualifies as a "fact" and pulls only from reliable sources and looks up cases in contemporary and new newspaper articles, says "ripped from the wall".

For example: https://www.bostonglobe.com/ideas/2...ries-boston/3F0hZDplpXMUI5TQht85XO/story.html

I had always read "ripped " from the wall.

I agree, this thread has gotten full of things that are being presented as facts without having been established. It's fine to speculate, that's what we're all here for, but IMHO, we need to be careful to separate our speculations from what we present as facts. I am probably as guilty of this as anyone, so I am going to be more careful about it in the future.

Skigirl, As an example : I was thinking that perhaps the "sightings" of a woman who supposedly resembled Joan walking along the highway might not have been her. jmo

Please tell us what you wrote?

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

Skigirl, As an example : I was thinking that perhaps the "sightings" of a woman who supposedly resembled Joan walking along the highway might not have been her. jmo

I agree -- I especially wouldn't take the timing as gospel, but the fact that there are several makes me wonder if the witnesses saw *something*. I wouldn't take the exact details seriously, but it seems like an interesting collective set o false memories if totally fictional. Intriguing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please tell us what you wrote?

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Tapatalk

It's really too bad that someone would write something to cause that information to be taken down. That website was the only place where primary source information was available. It's a shame that it's gone.

It's really too bad that someone would write something to cause that information to be taken down. That website was the only place where primary source information was available. It's a shame that it's gone.

I am the someone. What exactly are you saying? Trust me the letter i sent was respectful and asked if they need help with the project and if there was any other documents to be posted. I further said I would keep it confidential if they wished.

BostonSu, Can you please link to the information about the handset being disconnected? Everything I've read, including the write-up on charleyproject, where the author is very careful about what qualifies as a "fact" and pulls only from reliable sources and looks up cases in contemporary and new newspaper articles, says "ripped from the wall".
QUOTE]

The police reports says handset, but more importantly, the police photos show the phone up on the wall, with the handset disconnected & sitting on the trashcan.

The pictures are in the PDF earlier in this discussion, along with a lot of details & other photos. :)

QUOTE]

The police reports says handset, but more importantly, the police photos show the phone up on the wall, with the handset disconnected & sitting on the trashcan.

The pictures are in the PDF earlier in this discussion, along with a lot of details & other photos. :)

The link here: http://www.truth-link.org/pdfs/imgall.pdf refers to the phone being ripped from the wall in the police report on p. 4 and "torn off" on p. 8. and "pulled off" on p. 9., "ripped off" on p. 24 (FBI file), and I don't see anything in the photos that would suggest that the handset hadn't been ripped away from the rest of the phone. The rest of the phone is mounted, but the handset, in my opinion, was "ripped" out. That was before the handsets just unplugged. The cord was ripped out of the rest of the phone.

But the Original report proves differently. I suspect it just sounded more exciting to the ones writing about it. :)

BostonSu, there is no proof in the original report. I think there's confusion because phones used to be a lot different from the way they are now. In the 1960s, the handsets didn't just unplug. They were attached. That's why even the police and FBI reports refer to the phone being ripped off the wall.

Either the website is back up, or wasn't down to begin with? Anyway, I downloaded the PDF. It gave me quite a scare to think that our access to it was gone forever. There were some other very interesting leads that LE was following at the time.

Either the website is back up, or wasn't down to begin with? Anyway, I downloaded the PDF. It gave me quite a scare to think that our access to it was gone forever. There were some other very interesting leads that LE was following at the time.

How about a list of leads that LE thought enough of to pursue ?

How about a list of leads that LE thought enough of to pursue ?

1. The man who came to the house to explore talk with Joan about the plans for the new state park. LE noted that several of the women he spoke with felt he was overly friendly and overstayed his welcome.

Your turn.

1. The man who came to the house to explore talk with Joan about the plans for the new state park. LE noted that several of the women he spoke with felt he was overly friendly and overstayed his welcome.

Your turn.

The fact that Joan's parents were killed in a house fire that news reports described as "strange". Then she went to live with her aunt and uncle. At some point she was supposedly sexually abused.

3. The FBI's report noted that "Receiver from phone in kitchen pulled from wall base and blood also located thereon together with fingerprints, one of which identified as that of [redacted] whose presence [redacted] has been definitely established." Wonder who that was? Someone's prints in blood whose presence at the scene had been established. Could it have been one of the responders?

Ski girl, if you click on he link you sent me a few months ago you should see the site is removed. Apparently it was the owner, owners family or someone associated. There was the PDF link along with a PO box address. However I do see there is a URL that contains just the PDF without the home page referenced above.

3. The FBI's report noted that "Receiver from phone in kitchen pulled from wall base and blood also located thereon together with fingerprints, one of which identified as that of [redacted] whose presence [redacted] has been definitely established." Wonder who that was? Someone's prints in blood whose presence at the scene had been established. Could it have been one of the responders?

IDK, but back in these threads there is a news report which stated that Mr. Risch's bloody print was found. I have only seen this once, but have never seen a retraction.

IDK, but back in these threads there is a news report which stated that Mr. Risch's bloody print was found. I have only seen this once, but have never seen a retraction.

Liz, you are correct, sort of... you posted several newspaper links back in December, one of which (below) states Martin Risch's fingerprint (not bloody) was found on the phone. Not to be a wise guy, but to the Newspaper,of course his prints would have been found on just about anything in the house. So, I guess there was not retraction because technically they printed a correct statement.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...FAAAAIBAJ&pg=3035,6089099&dq=joan-risch&hl=en

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back