MA MA - Joan Risch, 30, Lincoln, 24 Oct 1961

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This article just mentions that the couple was "trapped in their home " and died by "suffocation " I'm guessing it was smoke inhalation. I guess...

Yes, I think you're correct. Those news reports are worded so differently than news of today.

IMO, it seems odd that an elementary school in late 1930s would have fingerprinted students.

"... investigators found at a grammar school in New Rochelle, NY, a set of Mrs Risch's fingerprints taken when she was a schoolgirl."

http://fultonhistory.com/newspaper ...Y Herald Statesman 1962 Grayscale - 2459.pdf

Just spent some time reading about this topic. I read some posts by people who had been fingerprinted by schools in the 1930's. The Lindbergh baby was kidnapped from Hopewell NJ in 1932, so I'm guessing that parents wanted the fingerprinting done for their kids safety.

Two Boston Strangler POIs, George Nassar and Charles Terry, were released from prison in 1961.

Firstly, if they had put tracker dogs out that night it would have established if it was Joan wandering down the road, therefore discounting somebody else looking like Joan (I have a good reason for saying looking like) It would also establish if she left by car from outside her property. The blood pool in the kitchen makes me think Joan lay on the floor for a time before crawling across it and pulling out the phone, either that or somebody pulled it out for her.
Also, the coat hanger wasn't listed as evidence making me think LE couldn't find Joan's car keys quickly so they did the obvious, they used the coat hanger to slide into the door window to flip the lock.

The author of the info linked below is trying to suggest "something" with regard to the plats, deeds (Jenkins Realty/Barkers $1.00), Springdale Estates, etc. I keep glancing at it all, but I'm not really reading/grasping it.

http://www.truth-link.org/pdfs/imgall.pdf

Me either!! The first part is great (suggesting a plausible theory similar to STANREID'S) but I got totally lost near the end.

It seems like the last portion of the document is missing--the part that explains WTH the land deed has to do with an intruder. Was he supposed to swap the original deed with a revised version?

Firstly, if they had put tracker dogs out that night it would have established if it was Joan wandering down the road, therefore discounting somebody else looking like Joan (I have a good reason for saying looking like) It would also establish if she left by car from outside her property. The blood pool in the kitchen makes me think Joan lay on the floor for a time before crawling across it and pulling out the phone, either that or somebody pulled it out for her.
Also, the coat hanger wasn't listed as evidence making me think LE couldn't find Joan's car keys quickly so they did the obvious, they used the coat hanger to slide into the door window to flip the lock.

I don't remember seeing bloodhounds or tracking dogs mentioned in news reports, so, it very well could have been someone else. (And, for what it's worth... I've always thought it a little strange that the neighbor didn't walk little 4-year old Lillian to the door when she returned her to the Risch's home.)

Me either!! The first part is great (suggesting a plausible theory similar to STANREID'S) but I got totally lost near the end.

It seems like the last portion of the document is missing--the part that explains WTH the land deed has to do with an intruder. Was he supposed to swap the original deed with a revised version?

My guess is the last part is missing "on purpose" (has been removed for a reason).

I'm trying to figure out why the owners of "Lot 3" would need that additional 2500 feet on the corner (which became Lot 3B)??

If I assume there is something to discover within these plats/deeds, then... that leads me to try to figure out a motive. Is there something Joan knew? Something/someone she saw? Or could it have been a covered-up accident??

Are we certain that Joan checked out those books to read herself -- and not at her husband's request?

Since she had worked in publishing and wrote prose, I agree that perhaps she was planning to write a book.

Odd, odd, odd all around!

Such an intriguing case. I wish there was more information as to how the author thinks land deeds are linked to her disappearance.

Such an intriguing case. I wish there was more information as to how the author thinks land deeds are linked to her disappearance.

Only guessing, but I think the implication was that her across-the street neighbor's family had a financial interest in the whole tract their houses were on being sold to the government for the park. That is the only thing I could think of that would sort of tie things together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can never decide if DeSalvo did all the stranglings or not. I heard there is an excellent book on the case, maybe I'll read it and see if it offers any insight on Jane's case.

I used to think DeSalvo had not committed any of the killings, and there is a book that lays out a pretty good case for that. However, his DNA was recently found to match DNA found on the last victim.

I now believe that he killed the young women. It still makes no sense that a serial killer would kill a series of young women and a series of elderly women. Serial killers always have a "type".

However, I don't see any similarities with this case to the strangling's, at all.

I think this was a botched abortion. Back in those days, when that happened the bodies often disappeared.

I am totally fasinated by this case and it is difficult to come up with a plausible theory.

I am totally fasinated by this case and it is difficult to come up with a plausible theory.

Me too! I wonder if her children have done DNA testing with Ancestry. If she remarried and had more children that could be a source of connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There was something else in one of the postings that was food for thought; that maybe the little girl started to clean up the blood.......I find that possible as she thought it was spilled paint. And maybe she saw the phone on the floor and in her mind it was broken and she understood that things that are no longer useful go in the garbage. There was a child's book on the floor and maybe she sat on the floor looking at it until she heard the little brother cry and went to check him then alerted her neighbor her mother was not around.......that still does not explain much else even if those things might be true........I do think that forensics can determine the difference between fetal and venous blood on this day and age, but not sure about back then. I guess I have too much time on my hands because this is driving me crazy. HELP!!!!!!!

I just became aware of this bizarre case several days ago and I can not get it out of my head. October 21st marks the 55th anniversary that she went missing. I have went over and over the crime photos located on truth-link.org. Anyone have any new theories? If you have not heard of this case, it is a must read. Interested to hear what others think.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129
Back