MA - Justice for Officer John O’Keefe * NO DISCUSSION * media, timelines, docs * NO DISCUSSION *

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Forensic testing showed that O’Keefe’s hair was found on the vehicle’s bumper and his DNA was found on the taillight, Lally said. Investigators also found the remnants of a cocktail that appears to have been spilled on the bumper, the prosecutor said. O’Keefe was captured on video leaving the bar with a cocktail in his hand, and bits of what the prosecutor described as a drinking glass were found in the SUV’s bumper.

Updated Aug. 26, 2024

As they approached 34 Fairview Road, “All of a sudden Karen said, ‘There he is! There he is! Let me the F out of this car.’ And she started kicking the door,” Roberts recalled.

She said she didn’t see anything at the time, but she unlocked the door and watched as Read ran over to “a mound of snow.”

“At some point, I realized it was the shape of a body,” she added.

Roberts teared up as Assistant District Attorney Adam Lally played police dashcam footage from the scene. Choking back a sob, she recalled the moment she realized there was a person buried in the snow. When she ran over and cleared snow from the man’s face, she said she recognized O’Keefe, her longtime friend.

“He had blood coming out of his nose and his mouth, and his right eye — it looked like a golf ball,” Roberts said, adding that O’Keefe was also bleeding from a cut on the back of his head.

‘You’re going to get a DUI,’ Kerry Roberts says she warned Karen Read before search

Four hours after Officer John O'Keefe's (JOK) death

Timestamp 1:42
MG: KR said JOK mother seemed to keep her distant
KR: They had pulled into the driveway before me. So I was presuming she saw my cracked tail light, and was thinking did you hit my son?
I could sense from her that she was looking at me very warily.

KR: and then when John’s nephew came home I just wanted to see him and squeeze him and hug him. I was quite uncomfortable. My dad came upstairs to the master bedroom and I said I think I need to leave. I said I think John’s mother thinks I did something to John.

MG: at what point on Saturday, the 29th did you think you needed an attorney?
KR: as soon as I interacted with JOK's mother at JOK house. When we were driving home I said to my father, I need to get an attorney.

‘I *advertiser censored**ing hate you!’: Prosecution plays voicemails Karen Read left for John O'Keefe the morning he died

Read allegedly Googled ‘DUI attorneys’

Prosecutors sought to introduce a Google search Read allegedly made for “DUI attorneys” at 1:27 p.m. on Jan. 29, 2022 — before her interview with State Police troopers. Assistant District Attorney Laura McLaughlin argued the search undermines Read’s defense that she “was framed, that she had no intent or opportunity to commit these crimes. Further, that she was not intoxicated at the time.”

Defense attorney David Yannetti said Proctor, the lead investigator, had called Read about eight minutes before Read made the search. He argued Read was only looking for an attorney to defend her presumptive innocence.

Judge Beverly Cannone said she would not allow the search into evidence at this time, though she left the door open for its inclusion later on in the trial.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluenoseanimalhospital
Back