Found Deceased MA - Kim Kelly-Oberhauser, 56, Lowell, 18 Jan 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

rizzo0904

Reaction score
Lowell police are asking for the public’s help in finding a missing woman.

Kim Kelly-Oberhauser was last seen in Lowell around 10:45 p.m. Monday, according to Lowell police.

She was reportedly driving a 2016 black Range Rover with the Massachusetts license plate K1924.

Kelly-Oberhauser is described as standing 5 feet, 7 inches tall, weighing 125 pounds with blond hair and blue eyes.

Police searching for missing woman last seen in Lowell

EsL4-PuWMAARtO_

This is odd. If she was heading home from Lowell to Tynsborough, she would likely be headed north on Rte 113. If she was driving north, she would have had to cross the median strip, cross the south bound lane and gone into the water. That would be hard to do though I can't tell if the median strip had some sort of barrier. Maybe she was heading south bound for some reason. Not much news on this - just the same story run on different sites.

Ok this is depressing. Was she in the car and somehow got out only to drown? Or did somebody dump the car? I've been wondering about this all week.
Based on the location of the vehicle it is unlikey that it ended up in the river by accident. It was pulled from behind the UMASS Lowell Boathouse, where there is a boat ramp.

This is odd. If she was heading home from Lowell to Tynsborough, she would likely be headed north on Rte 113. If she was driving north, she would have had to cross the median strip, cross the south bound lane and gone into the water. That would be hard to do though I can't tell if the median strip had some sort of barrier. Maybe she was heading south bound for some reason. Not much news on this - just the same story run on different sites.
Yes there's a divider (guardrail). The vehicle was in excellent condition once pulled from the river. She was last seen at 10:45PM and works at her family's sheet metal company. Unlikely that she was heading from work to home.

Yes there's a divider (guardrail). The vehicle was in excellent condition once pulled from the river. She was last seen at 10:45PM and works at her family's sheet metal company. Unlikely that she was heading from work to home.
One picture of the car (the left side) looked pristine but in another picture, it looked like the back and right side were smashed in. The only reason I can think to sink the car would be to destroy evidence or kill the occupant. (I guess suicide is possible but why no body in the car?) That car was worth a few dollars - I don't think anyone would ditch it just for fun. I wonder if there are any cameras on that road?
I'd also be curious to know where she was coming from. A late night at work? A friend's house?

One picture of the car (the left side) looked pristine but in another picture, it looked like the back and right side were smashed in. The only reason I can think to sink the car would be to destroy evidence or kill the occupant. That car was worth a few dollars - I don't think anyone would ditch it just for fun. I wonder if there are any cameras on that road?
I'd also be curious to know where she was coming from. A late night at work? A friend's house?
I agree the back of the vehicle looked odd in the picture. I looked at the pic for some time and I think the long piece that is hanging down the back is the spoiler that somehow came detached - possibly during recovery. I agree that it seems suspicious and was likely dumped. Very few businesses in the area, at least close enough to catch something on video. An apartment complex across the street I worked at until last year I know has no exterior cameras. There is a Dunkin across the street (5 lanes and a median). It's unlikely it would have seen anything because the boathouse would have blocked the view. IMO the only hope would be the UMASS Boathouse itself having cameras.

I agree the back of the vehicle looked odd in the picture. I looked at the pic for some time and I think the long piece that is hanging down the back is the spoiler that somehow came detached - possibly during recovery. I agree that it seems suspicious and was likely dumped. Very few businesses in the area, at least close enough to catch something on video. An apartment complex across the street I worked at until last year I know has no exterior cameras. There is a Dunkin across the street (5 lanes and a median). It's unlikely it would have seen anything because the boathouse would have blocked the view. IMO the only hope would be the UMASS Boathouse itself having cameras.
The only picture I have seen is the picture posted above, and to me anyway, it appears the tailgate is ripped off and perhaps strapped off to the drivers side vertically. It also looks like there's a scrape from the front bumper all the way down the drivers door and rear door behind it that's consistent with the height of a guard rail. It also looks like the rear passengers window is shattered. The windows are tinted, but it looks like that one isn't.

Based on the location of the vehicle it is unlikey that it ended up in the river by accident. It was pulled from behind the UMASS Lowell Boathouse, where there is a boat ramp.
If you type in "UMass Lowell Boathouse", you can see the boat ramp on Google Maps. It appears that the boat ramp has a chain link fence/gate that blocks access. I would guess there would be a lot more damage to the front of the vehicle if she crashed through that, but, I may be wrong.

It looks pretty banged up in this video but it could have been damaged when they hooked it up and dragged it out of the water. It's a high end vehicle - I wonder if its Nav system can tell us where it had recently been driven?
I know that if the vehicle hit the water hard, and the airbag was deployed, the ACM (airbag control module) would tell a story of what happened 30 seconds to a minute prior to deployment. Things like speed, when the brakes were applied (if they were) direction of travel and about a dozen other things.
After taking another look at the picture, I'm not sure if the rear passengers window was shattered, or if that's an airbag. What do you think?

If the car went right down the boat ramp, it sure seems intentional. I'm guessing, if there was no one inside, it was either a foolish prank or an effort to hide evidence.....which raises a whole bunch of questions. I hope the Lowell forensic team can work a miracle.

If the car went right down the boat ramp, it sure seems intentional. I'm guessing, if there was no one inside, it was either a foolish prank or an effort to hide evidence.....which raises a whole bunch of questions. I hope the Lowell forensic team can work a miracle.
I thought that was the tailgate hanging off to the side, but as you stated, it looks more like a spoiler.
The more I look at the pictures, the more I think the vehicle went over the banking backwards. If you pause the video you posted at the 7 second mark and take a look at the rear wheel, to me anyway, it looks like it's pushed forward a little bit and is not straight, like it landed hard on a rock, but, I may be wrong.
If it went down the boat ramp, why the damage to the side? I was thinking it may have scraped the concrete wall in the video and went over the edge and landed rear end first, but it's just a guess.
One thing that has crossed my mind, is along the lines of what you are thinking, Could this have been staged and she disappeared?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett
Back