MA - Man stabs 4 at theater in Braintree and 2 at McDonalds in Plymouth, arrested, may be linked to murder in Connecticut - 25 May 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In the complaint, state police describe interviewing a woman who saw the alleged public exposure and shrugged at Ravizza. She said Ravizza wore a "big expression" on his face, which she compared to Jack Nicholson's expression in "The Shining."
:eek:
The police report states authorities wanted a hospital to involuntarily hold Ravizza but noted that "he was examined by a mental health professional and did not meet their standards to be held."

Ravizza was charged with assault and battery and destruction of property in connection with that incident, but he was allowed to enter a diversion program. Those charges would have been dismissed in November if Ravizza had remained out of trouble.

So, it was TWICE that he was deemed fit or not crazy enough to hold. You see, our society doesn't know how to deal with people like this and there are not adequate resources to do it, anyway. I find that really scary because the amount of crazy out there has increased, exponentially over the past few years. Those poor kids will probably have have PTSD from being attacked in that theater.

Do they even have prisons for the criminally insane anymore? I do think he'll get a tip to a mental hospital but, like Lori Vallow, will eventually go to regular prison.

do mental institutions exist anymore?
Sorry, I just noticed this question was already asked & answered thank you!

Last edited:
Maybe this link was shared previously but I find the prior family violence incident interesting. Particularly since he was evaluated at MVH after this and failed to meet the state standards for involuntary holding. (More of the story at the link) jmo

Island suspect pleads not guilty in stabbing spree - The Martha's Vineyard Times

On April 14, his father, Jason Ravizza, called police at 2:40 a.m. and claimed his son had suffered a mental breakdown and had attacked him in the family’s West Tisbury residence, according to records filed in Edgartown District Court.

After meeting the father on a road near Nip N Tuck Lane in West Tisbury, two police officers entered the house and found Jared Ravizza talking on the phone in a bedroom.

“[Jared] Ravizza seemed clearly intoxicated and demanded the reason for us being there,” Officer Bradley Fielder wrote in a police report filed with the court. “Instead of telling us what had happened he continued to aggressively approach myself and Officer William Fielder and began to scream ‘Cuff me!'”

The officers said Ravizza recoiled when they tried to handcuff him. They radioed a request for a backup unit but were able to handcuff Ravizza before other officers arrived. At that point, Ravizza began to speak to them at length, though not about the alleged domestic violence.

“Mr. Ravizza began speaking to us about nonsensical things such as the deep state and claiming that his family helped start the country with John Adam [sic] but that his father didn’t love him and that his father wanted him dead. He also included such groups as the Masons in his rants,” Fielder wrote. “Mr. Ravizza began screaming that he hopes his father dies and began frothing out the mouth as he spoke.”

I grew up going to this movie theater when I was attending high school in....Canton (Karen Read trial) of all places.

The theater is on top of a hill at the end of a long winding road. That's the only road you take going in and I'm pretty sure that's still the only road you can take going out. I always wondered what would happen there in a emergency situation.

While those Braintree theaters have been renovated a few times it's till nowhere near the most popular movie theater in that area. They just didn't have enough room to do true stadium seating. So the experience is still kind of sub par (compared to the competition) if you're a movie person. So for that reason the one in Randolph, MA is typically the first choice of most South Shore residents.

But Randolph can get a little rowdy sometimes and it's large and cavernous. It's technically 4 floors and there's plenty of places for kids to get lost accidentally or purposely. So parents who are dropping kids off and/or taking their kids to the movies with them (together or divide and conquer) will typically choose Braintree as the safer option. When you walk in there's a fairly small lobby with games, concessions and you have a straight view of every theater door entrance and bathroom. No long hallways, no multiple levels, no place to loiter really. So as soon as you leave your theater you're kind of forced to go out the door.

Also, the history's of Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket are fascinating. They both went from being heavily populated islands mostly comprised of whalers from the Cape Verde islands and British sailors. To more sparsely populated and home of the elite and wealthy.

Whenever we would go there and play them in sports it was always interesting hearing the kids excitedly talk about taking the boat "to the mainland" and going to do things we considered mundane, like going to the mall, a movie or a 21 and under nightclub (don't think those exist anymore).

Last edited:
Jared Ravizza, 26, said nothing during his two brief appearances in Plymouth District Court while his lawyers filed a plea of not guilty on his behalf. His shoulder-length, platinum blond hair spilled over his green t-shirt as he stood in court.

After interviewing him Tuesday, Dr. Kimberly Bistis, a forensic psychologist, told Judge Shelby M. Smith that Ravizza has an “active psychotic illness.” She said he has “serious delusions” that his family is involved with the Mafia, and that he was being controlled by “outside forces.”

Dr. Bistis said Ravizza does not have the mental capacity to work with his attorney and recommended he be committed to Bridgewater State Hospital for evaluation. Smith ordered him held at Bridgewater without bail until the next hearing on June 17.

Jared Ravizza, 26, said nothing during his two brief appearances in Plymouth District Court while his lawyers filed a plea of not guilty on his behalf. His shoulder-length, platinum blond hair spilled over his green t-shirt as he stood in court.

After interviewing him Tuesday, Dr. Kimberly Bistis, a forensic psychologist, told Judge Shelby M. Smith that Ravizza has an “active psychotic illness.” She said he has “serious delusions” that his family is involved with the Mafia, and that he was being controlled by “outside forces.”

Dr. Bistis said Ravizza does not have the mental capacity to work with his attorney and recommended he be committed to Bridgewater State Hospital for evaluation. Smith ordered him held at Bridgewater without bail until the next hearing on June 17.

Bridgewater can be verrry rough.
I think Jared is on for a shockeroo

Maybe this link was shared previously but I find the prior family violence incident interesting. Particularly since he was evaluated at MVH after this and failed to meet the state standards for involuntary holding. (More of the story at the link) jmo

Island suspect pleads not guilty in stabbing spree - The Martha's Vineyard Times

On April 14, his father, Jason Ravizza, called police at 2:40 a.m. and claimed his son had suffered a mental breakdown and had attacked him in the family’s West Tisbury residence, according to records filed in Edgartown District Court.

After meeting the father on a road near Nip N Tuck Lane in West Tisbury, two police officers entered the house and found Jared Ravizza talking on the phone in a bedroom.

“[Jared] Ravizza seemed clearly intoxicated and demanded the reason for us being there,” Officer Bradley Fielder wrote in a police report filed with the court. “Instead of telling us what had happened he continued to aggressively approach myself and Officer William Fielder and began to scream ‘Cuff me!'”

The officers said Ravizza recoiled when they tried to handcuff him. They radioed a request for a backup unit but were able to handcuff Ravizza before other officers arrived. At that point, Ravizza began to speak to them at length, though not about the alleged domestic violence.

“Mr. Ravizza began speaking to us about nonsensical things such as the deep state and claiming that his family helped start the country with John Adam [sic] but that his father didn’t love him and that his father wanted him dead. He also included such groups as the Masons in his rants,” Fielder wrote. “Mr. Ravizza began screaming that he hopes his father dies and began frothing out the mouth as he spoke.”

and that's deemed "crazy" enough? yikes...I think the psych evals he had previously weren't through enough and now a man is dead and others wounded and traumatized.

Last edited:
O/T But, speaking of mental health and family violence, I just saw the news story below.

As officers searched, they found body parts. More were found when another person called 911 saying a man placed what appeared to be a body part on their front step in Rosemount. Ball was found near a shed nearby, covered in blood and near several other body parts, court documents state.

Police later learned that Israel was between 17 and 18 weeks pregnant with her first child.

Journals and handwritten papers belonging to Ball indicated that he was angry his sister was pregnant because she was “no longer innocent,” a criminal complaint states.

and that's deemed "crazy" enough? yikes...I think the psych evals he had previously weren't through enough and now a man is dead and others wounded and traumatized.
Connecticut really has had its share of tragic craziness. I know most places do, but one of the worst ever - Sandy Hook - happened there. Peter Manfredonia went on a wild shooting spree. And now this kook, Jared R.

jmo

Connecticut really has had its share of tragic craziness. I know most places do, but one of the worst ever - Sandy Hook - happened there. Peter Manfredonia went on a wild shooting spree. And now this kook, Jared R.

jmo

Maybe the mental health industry in Connecticut needs to take another look at what defines a mental health break to start helping people in need. I'm curious what their definition of a crisis is!
If I had a mental break I'd prefer to receive help BEFORE actually harming/killing someone.

Maybe the mental health industry in Connecticut needs to take another look at what defines a mental health break to start helping people in need. I'm curious what their definition of a crisis is!
If I had a mental break I'd prefer to receive help BEFORE actually harming/killing someone.

He wad denied mental health in his home state, Massachusetts.

And, actually, Massachusetts seems to have better services than most states.

Though, I am certain folks from Massachusetts would disagree with me.
But living in NH for decades, it was always felt to get the "better medical, mental, healthcare"..... go to Boston.
moo of course.

Once he's ruled incompetent to stand trial and confined to a mental hospital, it could easily be many years before he answers in court. I hope people here have a lot of patience. I know mine is wearing thin as I get older and older. The Bruneau case in Florida took over 12 years to adjudicate, with hundreds of court hearings and continuances.
At least he'll be locked up and the citizens safe.

He wad denied mental health in his home state, Massachusetts.

And, actually, Massachusetts seems to have better services than most states.

Though, I am certain folks from Massachusetts would disagree with me.
But living in NH for decades, it was always felt to get the "better medical, mental, healthcare"..... go to Boston.
moo of course.

I am genuinely concerned about what merits a mental health crisis, he assaulted his father and was talking nonsensical seems like it would meet the criteria for a mental health hold.

Once he's ruled incompetent to stand trial and confined to a mental hospital, it could easily be many years before he answers in court. I hope people here have a lot of patience. I know mine is wearing thin as I get older and older. The Bruneau case in Florida took over 12 years to adjudicate, with hundreds of court hearings and continuances.
At least he'll be locked up and the citizens safe.

"At least he'll be locked up and the citizens safe."

In your last sentence, he may not face justice but at least he cannot attack anyone else in public again.

I am genuinely concerned about what merits a mental health crisis, he assaulted his father and was talking nonsensical seems like it would meet the criteria for a mental health hold.
this is so true..no explanatipn given.
Clearly he was a mad man then...so why not meeting some standard or whatever.

"When asked about the chain of events that led to him being arrested and hospitalized, Ravizza told a nurse that he “wanted to have fun” Saturday night, according to a police report filed by State Police troopers who interviewed witnesses and reviewed surveillance footage."

and

"The first person to be attacked at the McDonald’s was a 28-year-old man working the drive-through window, according to the State Police report. He told police that a man matching Ravizza’s description ordered two double cheeseburgers, a small order of fries, and a McFlurry. At the window, the man asked for a fork and knife, and grew agitated as he asked the employee to check the bag to make sure the order was correct. The employee said he emptied the bag and refilled it to show Ravizza that everything was there."

Many more details in the linked article.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlitedragon
Back