Found Deceased MA - Meghan Marohn, 43, from NY, car found near Longcope Park, Lee, 28 Mar 2022 *Reward*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From Chris Hedges' post: "The car keys, the hotel key, her daily diary, her good luck stuffed animal Bun, her computer, her wallet, the book she was reading, The Willoughbys by Lois Lowry, and cell phone were missing." Hedges: The Disappearance of Meghan Marohn

That's a very specific list of items. Who would know exactly what she had with her? Especially the current books she was reading. JMO
Good question. I think the book would be the most unique item that, since she was alone, no one would know about, but in the first articles we read where they interviewed her brother, who was last in touch with her that Saturday evening, remember that she said she was enjoying her room, her soup and her book. Perhaps she told him what she was reading. I assume the other items are all ones that anyone would suspect she'd have with her if they weren't in the room.

1657943804072.jpeg

Circumstances of Disappearance
Traveled to Stockbridge, MA for some rest and checked into the Red Lion Inn on 3/24/2022 in Stockbridge, MA. Scheduled to leave on 3/30/2022. Drove to Longcope Property in Lee, MA (approx. 3 miles from Red Lion Inn) and disappeared. Meghan was last believed to be in the Longcope park area on Church St in Lee.

From Chris Hedges' post: "The car keys, the hotel key, her daily diary, her good luck stuffed animal Bun, her computer, her wallet, the book she was reading, The Willoughbys by Lois Lowry, and cell phone were missing." Hedges: The Disappearance of Meghan Marohn

That's a very specific list of items. Who would know exactly what she had with her? Especially the current books she was reading. JMO
That is a good point. I do think there's a clue in there somewhere and a few possibilities come to mind:
a. It was a remote location and she did not want her things to be stolen while she was hiking.
b. She regularly carried those items with her and did so in a big bag. So all of those items were naturally carried together. They would all either be missing or all would be found together.
c. Something criminal happened to her and the perp wanted to hid evidence (and as a bonus, read her diary. Jerk!)
d. She started a new life and those are the things she would need.

I think if it were (a), she would have been found by now. Item (b) is very possible but it only explains why all those items were missing and not where she went. Item (c) makes me angry but seems the most likely in combination with (b). I am holding out hope for item (d) though the phone apparently has not been turned on or LE would see it ping and she would need lots of cash.
I don't know what this all says about a possible suicide. First, her body likely would have been found by now. Second, if it were suicide by intentional drowning (which would explain the lack of a body), I cannot see her taking those items into the water with her. That would ruin the diary, which I'm sure had tremendous emotional value, and who would do that to Bun?
As for the Lowry book, by all accounts she is a dedicated and serious reader. Many of her friends are as well. I'm guessing their reading habits were daily topics of conversation.

In any event, I hope her friends and family get some news soon. This must be unbearable for them.

Last edited:
Chris Hedges wrote a piece in the blog Sheerpost July 1, saying Marohn told some of her friends about a harasser who caused her to take time off from teaching.

“A few days before Meghan Marohn, a 42-year-old English teacher at Shaker High School in Latham, New York, disappeared, she confided to friends that she had gone into hiding to escape from a man who had ‘brutally harassed and intimidated’ her because she wouldn’t sleep with him.”

But police and other officials are not responding publicly to questions about this possibility, raised in a piece by Chris Hedges, a commentator, writer and former journalist.

The piece was published July 1 by Sheerpost, a progressive blog.

“A few days before Meghan Marohn, a 42-year-old English teacher at Shaker High School in Latham, N.Y., disappeared, she confided to friends that she had gone into hiding to escape from a man who had ‘brutally harassed and intimidated me because I wouldn’t sleep with him,’” Hedges wrote. “She said she was too afraid to stay at home, especially when she saw him drive by her house. She was granted a leave from teaching and camped out at The Red Lion Inn in Stockbridge.”

Last edited:
Chris Hedges wrote a piece in the blog Sheerpost July 1, saying Marohn told some of her friends about a harasser who caused her to take time off from teaching.

“A few days before Meghan Marohn, a 42-year-old English teacher at Shaker High School in Latham, New York, disappeared, she confided to friends that she had gone into hiding to escape from a man who had ‘brutally harassed and intimidated’ her because she wouldn’t sleep with him.”

But police and other officials are not responding publicly to questions about this possibility, raised in a piece by Chris Hedges, a commentator, writer and former journalist.

The piece was published July 1 by Sheerpost, a progressive blog.

“A few days before Meghan Marohn, a 42-year-old English teacher at Shaker High School in Latham, N.Y., disappeared, she confided to friends that she had gone into hiding to escape from a man who had ‘brutally harassed and intimidated me because I wouldn’t sleep with him,’” Hedges wrote. “She said she was too afraid to stay at home, especially when she saw him drive by her house. She was granted a leave from teaching and camped out at The Red Lion Inn in Stockbridge.”
It's good to see the bump in publicity 4 months in. Hopefully it helps.

off topic, but--I have to chuckle every time they refer to "camped out" at the very nice Red Lion Inn, where the cheap rooms run $250/night (maybe a little less in the off season).

I hope she's staying somewhere equally nice, and safe, now...but I'm worried...

Ms Marohn was my english teacher. i believe in my junior year of high school; she never liked me much but i was a troubled youth. feeling shock that such a smart and well put together woman might could just vanish tbh...unless by her own hand. my personal feelings of course. really shocking.

New article, some new info : Friends say missing teacher was being stalked before she disappeared

”Naple told DailyMail.com that his sister had taken a leave of absence from work because of an incident that happened that really upset her regarding a co-worker who was married.

He said she was making advances at her and acting inappropriate.

'She told me briefly that there was an incident that happened at work with a male coworker. When his advances were cut off he didn't like it,' Naple said. 'It really bothered her and she brought it to the attention of her superiors. This person is still working at the school.'

Naple said this person was interviewed by police and 'he checked out okay.'

'I don't know the circumstances between them. I know that she was talking to some friends who told her to get away for a few days because of what was going on with her coworker.'

He also said that he doesn't think his sister would take her life. 'If Meghan was to do something like that she would have left a note because she is a writer.'

Ruth Ross, 82, a retired educator for 34 years, said she met Mahron when she was her student teacher in 2006.

She said that Mahron had a 'mini nervous breakdown,' in March due to what was happening at the school. She said she never saw the texts and emails that her coworker had sent her but she knew that he was 'crossing the line,' and 'making suggestions.'

She said Mahron reported the coworker to the school district in January, but Ross said 'she was triggered by their reaction,' and confided in her telling her that she thought school officials were not giving her the support she needed, but in March, school officials granted her a paid leave of absence.

'She told me on the morning of March 24 that she saw her coworkers car pass her house. She told me that she felt that he was stalking her. I told her to come stay by me instead of going to The Red Lion Inn, but she had a soft spot for the Inn,' Ross said.

'She was a very sensitive soul, a spiritual person who was very concerned about climate change, the state of the world, social consciousness.

'She was my daughter, my friend that is what breaks my heart and what is breaking our hearts. Did she trust somebody? I don't know. It's like she went away in a poof of smoke.'”

Soooo... She showed school administrators a series of archived text messages... The administrators considered these texts solid enough evidence of her harassment at the hands of another teacher that they approved a PAID LEAVE OF ABSENCE... but the perpetrator of the harassment is still employed there and has faced virtually zero consequences for his actions?

The harasser must be a coach.

1660894641575.jpeg
Meghan Marohn (pictured) drove from her home in Delmar, New York, a suburb located near Albany, to The Red Lion Inn, located in Stockbridge, Massachusetts for some alone time. She was reported missing by her brother on March 29, 2022. Friend Chris Hedges described her as a 'gifted poet and writer,' who he said had a 'mass of thick red hair,' only shopped at thrift stores and 'could never come to grips with the cruelty of the world'

1660894688343.jpeg
On March 29, a local resident had reported to police that a car with New York license plates had been sitting in the dirt parking lot for two days near the trailhead at Longcope Park, a 46-acre nature preserve off Church Street in Lee, Massachusetts. Police identified the vehicle, a black 2017 Subaru Imprezza, was Mahron's.

Soooo... She showed school administrators a series of archived text messages... The administrators considered these texts solid enough evidence of her harassment at the hands of another teacher that they approved a PAID LEAVE OF ABSENCE... but the perpetrator of the harassment is still employed there and has faced virtually zero consequences for his actions?

The harasser must be a coach.
i agree. when i was in highchool the coaches could do no wrong. in NY state & parts of NJ lacrosse is more beloved then football. i noticed lacrosse coaches and teammates could behave with impunity. MOO!

seeing that picture of her was hard, she is a cool lady...into social justice and steampunk

Last edited:
View attachment 360489
Meghan Marohn (pictured) drove from her home in Delmar, New York, a suburb located near Albany, to The Red Lion Inn, located in Stockbridge, Massachusetts for some alone time. She was reported missing by her brother on March 29, 2022. Friend Chris Hedges described her as a 'gifted poet and writer,' who he said had a 'mass of thick red hair,' only shopped at thrift stores and 'could never come to grips with the cruelty of the world'

View attachment 360490
On March 29, a local resident had reported to police that a car with New York license plates had been sitting in the dirt parking lot for two days near the trailhead at Longcope Park, a 46-acre nature preserve off Church Street in Lee, Massachusetts. Police identified the vehicle, a black 2017 Subaru Imprezza, was Mahron's.
From the daily mail article - bolded and slanted by me 'It was suspect how her car was parked. It was pulled directly into trailhead blocking the entrance,' he said. '
This is a new interesting piece of info IMO. So, it would seem to me like she pulled into the Longcope parking area in a hurry, somewhat distracted and not paying attention to where she was parking. She pulled forward too far and blocked the entrance to the trail. Was she looking over her shoulder at a car behind her, as she was parking? Did she park that way on purpose sensing danger so that her car would be noticed? DId she pull into that area because she thought she may be being followed and hoped the car behind her would travel on by ? And if a car had pulled in - did she grab her bag with her things and head out to the street hoping a car would come by - that she could flag down for help? So many questions. I am so glad they have a PI working this case. May she be found soon.

From the daily mail article - bolded and slanted by me 'It was suspect how her car was parked. It was pulled directly into trailhead blocking the entrance,' he said. '
This is a new interesting piece of info IMO. So, it would seem to me like she pulled into the Longcope parking area in a hurry, somewhat distracted and not paying attention to where she was parking. She pulled forward too far and blocked the entrance to the trail. Was she looking over her shoulder at a car behind her, as she was parking? Did she park that way on purpose sensing danger so that her car would be noticed? DId she pull into that area because she thought she may be being followed and hoped the car behind her would travel on by ? And if a car had pulled in - did she grab her bag with her things and head out to the street hoping a car would come by - that she could flag down for help? So many questions. I am so glad they have a PI working this case. May she be found soon.
If true, that does seem like a significant aberration. If I saw parking like that at a trailhead, I'd assume the driver didn't know the area and/or didn't have much respect for the trail or other hikers. Not at all the Meghan described by so many of her friends and family.

Yeah the description of the way her car was parked seems very odd. Another thought of mine: was she not the person who parked it there? We know she asked for directions to Church St. that morning but we don't know if she went somewhere else first. It's possible she was intercepted by someone at another location who did something to her and wanted to dump her car. Is it possible she had a GPS system in her car that had the Church St location already programmed into it, so this person just went there to leave the car so it would seem less suspect and like she herself drove it there? Speculation of course.

If it was Meghan who left the car at the trailhead, I feel like something was amiss. Most everyone would know to not park blocking the trailhead pulled far forward like that. Was something wrong and she purposely parked that way as a sort of "signal" to people who found the car that something WAS wrong? Was she in a panic so just parked haphazardly? So many possibilities IMO

Whenever I get an alert for Meghan's thread, I always hope it is some news.

I'd like to think she went completely off grid due to the stalking situation. I would be very surprised, though, if Meghan had the resources to do that.

moo

She seems to be a sweet sensitive soul.
Sadly I think she is probably still in the park.
So you think suicide or murder?

I can't believe she would be the type to park her car the way it was found (half blocking the entrance to the trail).

If she was being followed, pulling in to a car park is the worst thing ....she should've driven on to a more public place with people around.

Although I wonder if someone waited until she was out of of the car before driving in and following her in..?

It's be interesting to know if the man who was staling/harassing her was in work at school on those particular days she was staying at the Red Lion Inn?

I go back and forth on whether she was the type to commit suicide, but the fact is, we all are, when the problem gets too much, and we all have different coping levels.

She had approached her school superiors about the member of staff harassing her, yet nothing was done, except out her on leave, like she was the problem. I can imagine that made her feel hopeless, especially as she loved teaching. It would've felt like she was being punished.

So, I do think suicide is likely. But the way the car was parked still bothers me. I feel like she would've parked the car neatly beforehand. She was that type of person.

MOO.

I'd be shocked to find out this was a suicide. Too many things pointing to it not being a suicide. For one, she's close to her family yet didn't leave a note or anything? For another, she went to great lengths to leave behind a mystery which will only cause more torment for her loved ones.

I realize neither of those things exclude suicide, but it just doesn't seem likely to me. Everything we know about her suggests she's the type of person who, if she took her own life, would do so in a way that would bring closure to those she loved, not leave them in perpetual terror about the possibility that she's been taken or she's somewhere hurt and can't get help.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery
Back