Found Deceased MA - Meghan Marohn, 43, from NY, car found near Longcope Park, Lee, 28 Mar 2022 *Reward*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
https://www.timesunion.com/news/article/Still-missing-Shaker-High-School-starting-school-17397833.php

Seems like the start of a new school year is generating some reporting but not much new. Local LE seems to be taking a somber tone though:

"The search is still active, but he (Lee MA Police Chief) warned that if Marohn’s body is in the area where she was last seen, it could be a long time before she is found.

In a recent case where a person died due to a medical incident, it took police nine months to find the body, he said.

“Even knowing where the person was, it was nine months before that person was found, and it wasn’t even a body of water,” he said,"

I just took a drive down Church St in Lee Ma, via google maps. It is a beautiful area. Very woodsy, 46 acres set among homes in the area. It is remote and quiet on Church St., and on a weekday, I would think it would be more secluded than weekends. Definitely doesn't seem like one could get lost, or if did could easily be found on 46 acres. I wonder, as someone in an earlier post pointed out, was she ever at the park or did someone dump her car there?

The article posted a few days ago by @realanastasia said:
"Naple said this person was interviewed by police and 'he checked out okay.'"
The quote was referring to the male teacher at Megan's school.
Well, we've all heard that from the police in many cases before and they've been wrong.
But anyway, in this instance let's hope LE are correct.

And important to remember that she was there due to his actions. So he is responsible either way for whatever has happened.
Respectfully, I do not agree. I think she was deeply troubled by the state of the world, as she perceived it. She wanted to be a change agent in a work environment that is bureaucratic & resists individual expression (here's your mandated class curriculum, do not deviate from it).

If indeed this man harassed her (what proof do we have?), I think it was just another stressor piled on top of her general angst. To suggest he would threaten her life because she was not romantically interested seems like an odd narrative to me. Did she pursue a restraining order? I don't see this particular narrative on her brother's Missing MM website or anywhere except here at WS. Is it anything other than a rumor? If so, I am happy to be corrected.

I feel a kinship with this woman. Even though I don't share her particular outlook on issues like climate change, I do have an idealism about creating a better world. When I was her age, it was still quite intense. Not finding a path that is allowing one to experience concrete results & meeting resistance where open minds should exist in one's worldview is extremely difficult for some of us. Even when you find expression through activism, as she did, the angst can remain unrelieved.

What happened the day Meghan disappeared? I think it was misadventure or self-harm. It was not a good day to go on an outdoor adventure - very cold, windy & rainy - so why did she & where is she?

MOO

WE dont know for sure it was she who parked the car (no witnesses saw her there). Also why would she take (if she did take) all the missing items with her on that cold day into the preserve or did someone else take them? Im sure the school "stalker" being cleared by LE meant they checked his alibi for the time period she left her home. Also maybe her leave had to do with her mental state and not the school directly blaming any particular incident relating to text messages or stalking ... I keep going back to self harm but the way the car was parked bothers me (from all I read about her its not something I would have expected her to do, imo),blocking the entrance.. many questions especially having to do with her missing items that bother me.. stuffed animal ,etc...

OK, I am hearing a lot of information in the news that is not posted here. I am not sure if I can post it or not, but they have a ping on her phone of where she was in relation to her car. They are talking about a private property in the area. It made me wonder if she parked there because it was a rainy day, thinking no one would be going to the trailhead, and then walked to visit someone?

Respectfully, I do not agree. I think she was deeply troubled by the state of the world, as she perceived it. She wanted to be a change agent in a work environment that is bureaucratic & resists individual expression (here's your mandated class curriculum, do not deviate from it).

If indeed this man harassed her (what proof do we have?), I think it was just another stressor piled on top of her general angst. To suggest he would threaten her life because she was not romantically interested seems like an odd narrative to me. Did she pursue a restraining order? I don't see this particular narrative on her brother's Missing MM website or anywhere except here at WS. Is it anything other than a rumor? If so, I am happy to be corrected.

I feel a kinship with this woman. Even though I don't share her particular outlook on issues like climate change, I do have an idealism about creating a better world. When I was her age, it was still quite intense. Not finding a path that is allowing one to experience concrete results & meeting resistance where open minds should exist in one's worldview is extremely difficult for some of us. Even when you find expression through activism, as she did, the angst can remain unrelieved.

What happened the day Meghan disappeared? I think it was misadventure or self-harm. It was not a good day to go on an outdoor adventure - very cold, windy & rainy - so why did she & where is she?

MOO
So well said!!

Bethlehem police are seeking the public's assistance in locating Meghan A. Marohn, a missing 42-year-old woman from Delmar.

Marohn has not been seen since Saturday, when she traveled to Stockbridge, Massachusetts, police said Wednesday. Her vehicle was located unattended at Long Cope Park Hiking Trails in Massachusetts, according to authorities.

Marohn is an English teacher at Shaker High School and a valued member of the North Colonie school community, Shaker Superintendent D. Joseph Corr said Wednesday.

Bethlehem police ask for help in locating missing woman

Interesting profile with personal insights from a close friend.

WE dont know for sure it was she who parked the car (no witnesses saw her there). Also why would she take (if she did take) all the missing items with her on that cold day into the preserve or did someone else take them? Im sure the school "stalker" being cleared by LE meant they checked his alibi for the time period she left her home. Also maybe her leave had to do with her mental state and not the school directly blaming any particular incident relating to text messages or stalking ... I keep going back to self harm but the way the car was parked bothers me (from all I read about her its not something I would have expected her to do, imo),blocking the entrance.. many questions especially having to do with her missing items that bother me.. stuffed animal ,etc...
Her brother said data from cell phone and GPS tracking revealed that she never made it to the trail, but instead showed her near a private property. He did not say where that property was, but did say it was strange.

Last edited:
Very sad news :(

LEE, Mass. — Investigators located and recovered human remains presumed to be of 42-year-old Meghan Marohn, who was reported missing on March 29, according to the Berkshire District Attorney's Office.

On Thursday evening, a civilian discovered the remains in a heavily wooded area near Fox Drive in Lee. The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner took custody of the remains to make a positive identification.

Investigators are still actively canvassing the area, and the evidence collected thus far indicates a high likelihood that the remains are that of Marohn.

Marohn's family reported her missing on March 29, and Lee Police located her black 2017 Subaru Impreza unlocked and unattended at Longcope Park that same day. Since then, Lee Police, Lee Fire, State Police from the Lee Barracks, State Police K9 and Airwing, State Police Special Emergency Response Team, Berkshire County Sheriff's Office, Albany (N.Y.) County Sheriff's Department, and the Berkshire Mountain Search and Rescue Team coordinated continuous searches for Marohn.

Marohn was a 10th-grade English teacher and poet at Shaker High School in Latham, N.Y., who had been on a leave of absence. She had reportedly been staying at the Red Lion Inn in Stockbridge. Her family said she enjoyed hiking and police believe she went for a walk after her car was found near a trail in Lee on March 27. There was no sign of tampering with her car and police were able to track her cell phone activity for a short time until the signal stopped.

Lee Police and state police responded to the scene. Authorities, including the Bethlehem, N.Y., Police are investigating the circumstances surrounding Marohn's disappearance. That investigation remains ongoing.

BREAKING: Human remains found in Lee; believed to be Meghan Marohn, missing NY school teacher

I just got the Berkshire Eagle email about this - so sad and was really hoping for a better outcome. I hope her family can at least have closure now. I live about 3 minutes from here and I'm hoping that people are respectful and don't crowd the area trying to get a glimpse of everything, especially since it's Labor Day weekend and people are coming out here to do all sorts of tourist things.

Also, it doesn't say the cause of death but if it's foul play, then that definitely makes me nervous because fall is the time of year when we get people from all over coming to visit and see the foliage, so it would be very easy to blend in and stay hidden.

How sad. I am guessing this is probably her.

The articles say she was found near Fox Drive, but when I put that into Google Maps, the only thing that comes up is Fox Run, which is near Longcope Park, so I'm assuming that's the location? It looks like about a half hour (give or take) walk from Longcope Park to where this road begins.

How sad. I am guessing this is probably her.

The articles say she was found near Fox Drive, but when I put that into Google Maps, the only thing that comes up is Fox Run, which is near Longcope Park, so I'm assuming that's the location? It looks like about a half hour (give or take) walk from Longcope Park to where this road begins.
My question, too. Where is Fox Dr. if it even exists! If indeed she was found near the park, I hope they can rule out foul play. Very sad no matter the cause of death.

RIP, Meghan. My condolences to her family & friends.

I'm sorry this world brought you so much grief. You can rest easy knowing you did your best to make a difference. The world needs more bright people like you who care enough to advocate for change.

meghanmarohn-1.jpg

Marohn's disappearance was featured on NBC's Dateline, who spoke with her older brother, who set up a website -- findmeghanmarohn.com -- to spread the word about his missing sister and help police find her.

Peter Naple said he texted his sister on the night of March 26, and she said she was at the Red Lion Inn across the border in Stockbridge, Massachusetts. She told him she was in bed reading, and then didn't respond to subsequent texts.

“She was just taking a break,” Naples told Dateline. “Just, you know, some R&R.”

He said his sister, who was a writer and avid hiker, had been a teacher for about 18 years. One of her teaching colleagues said she had gone on personal paid leave through the end of the semester just days before her disappearance.

“Something upset her at school having to do with another colleague,” Ruth Ross told Dateline.

A friend of Marohn's later wrote in a blog post that she had fled to Massachusetts to escape someone who had been harassing her.

When I google map Fox Drive, it comes up as a private road, possibly a single named driveway, not far from Longcope.

Go in peace, Meghan. I'll think of you often while dreaming of and acting for a better world.

Looking at the map, I am getting a very strong feeling that she did go for a walk, lost the trail, and then followed the utility rights-of-way for a time. Then up Fox Dr. toward the house.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OreoVictim
Back