MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In MA the age of criminal responsibility begins at 18. I was curious and looked it up this morning, before coffee, so I could be mistaken lol.
IMO.
ETA: At 14, a juvenile case can be transferred to adult court.
That was an informative and surprising read. More than 1 state has no minimum age.

@BienickWCVB

#KarenRead G'morning. Day 27 of testimony. We expect to hear more today from Tpr Nicholas Guarino. On Monday, he testified about text message Read and O'Keefe exchanged they died before he died when the argued. We may also learn if the judge will allow three defense witnesses.

9:03 AM · Jun 20, 2024

@TedDanielnews

Good morning from the 27th day of testimony (in front of jury) in Commonwealth vs Karen Read

-ADA Lally is expected to continue direct examination of Trooper Nick Guarino (cell phones)

-Lally will likely bring in voicemails KR left for JO through Guarino

-Prosecution will likely rest after Lally calls 2 more medical witnesses including medical examiner.

Defense team entering this morning:

They MUST get these key cycles figured out, because that looks really bad, as you described it. REALLY bad. That would mean that the fast (and long) backup they claim she mad was in reality yet another instance of the police planting incriminating evidence against KR to help their case, since they didn't have enough against her to get a conviction! I.e., just to help make the prosecution's job easier. Since it probably became obvious to them really early that they were going to have a hard time winning a conviction. That Proctor, he is just so helpful! Always there when you need him, sometimes even before you need him!

It truly looks like those key cycles don't correlate to the actual events they tried to say happened, so how can anyone see this any other way? Maybe there's just something we don't understand about how this data is interpreted, since I readily admit, I'm no expert in this area. and I doubt any of the rest of us here are either. But even so, it doesn't seem all that complicated, and even after just the brief introduction I got on key cycles in this trial, I think I understand how they use this data, and I think I can see that something isn't right. So if we have this wrong, and there really is a way to make that 1162 match up to the time when KR sat in the driver's seat in front of 34F, just before she drove to JO's house that night, then they are going to have to explain this. Show us what we must have missed in our crash course on key cycles that makes us wrong. Show us how it can possibly be anything other than that 1162 matches up to a time AFTER LE had already seized her vehicle.

I don't see that possible. I don't think we have that wrong. I don't think the cycles and the events skip out of order, all over the place in time. I think they're numbered sequentially and can be matched up to the events in real life as they happened, in chronological order. Which would make your analysis in your post correct and would make LE (or at least Proctor?) liars! (AGAIN!)

I'm so glad you explained this, because it did bother me about her car data showing her backing up at speed for 60 ft or whatever it was, right as she would've dropped JO off. I didn't understand how that could've happened, and it was looking like the only explanation for that is that was when she would have backed into him. So if that event actually happened at key cycle 1162, and kc1162 happened after kc1161 (duh), then the backing up actually happened at some time other than when (and where) they said. It happened when KR was probably sitting on her parents' couch and not in her driver's seat, and her vehicle was in the care of the police and not in the driveway of her parents' house.

If all this is true, then imo, you can forget all the rest of it. Absolutely forget every bit. All the rest of their flimsy, shady case with all its convoluted, contrived, and cockamamie claims and accusations and theories and excuses. It was bad enough before, but tell me how this is not the smoking gun that shoots their case dead.

I still find that hard to believe though, because how could they think no one would notice this? It seems SO ridiculously obvious and just as easy to disprove them. Which makes me wonder if I have something wrong. Maybe I really didn't learn enough about key cycle data interpretation. Maybe it's more complicated than it seems, and maybe their claims make sense. As I said, I'm no expert, I admit. But wow. It sure looks fishy. So again, they are going to have to explain this. And if they can't, then they need to tuck their tails between their legs and slither on back to wherever they came from. Then the feds will take care of them from there. And they need to fire that Proctor like yesterday. His corruption has no limits. He obviously feels like any tactics are available to him, as long as it helps his side. The ends justify the means, no matter how low. I guess the defense will be returning to this point when they're up. Should be good.
Yes, this is quite true. One other thought IMO on key cycles. Speculating only….. maybe when the Lexus was towed up on the flat bed for the journey to wherever it was, the key was used / placed to unlock the steering / wheels and place the vehicle in neutral? (Yet as I write this I suspect that vehicle has the remote fob which need only be near the vehicle?)

Anyway…. if the vehicle was not fully turned off (or on) maybe that also affects the key cycle count events? MOO

@BienickWCVB

Judge rules defense witness Dr. Marie Russell will be allowed to testify. Says her testimony will be limited to whether marks on O'Keefe's arms are consistent with animal attack. Russell will not be able to testify about whether they are inconsistent with motor vehicle crash.

Judge says accident reconstructionist Daniel Wolfe will be allowed to testify about his findings but says she has reserves of his colleague Andrew Rentschler. She will rule on that at a later time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay