MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
@JHall7news

Wolfe says he was hired by a third party agency to investigate this crash, not the defense. (This likely would be part of the federal probe into DA's handling of this case) Wolfe says he worked with two other men on this.

Jackson would like to use Wolfe to refute testimony from State Trooper Joe Paul who testified about his investigation/reconstruction of the accident. Wolfe says he did review reports/photos of location, videos, Lexus info, and the crash data report from the car.

@TedDanielnews

This is one the experts the feds hired to do ax recon on this case. During a pretrial hearing in March, AJ said accident reconstructionist hired by the FBI found O’Keefe’s injuries did not appear to be from a car strike.

In March, AJ said “The damage on the car was inconsistent with having made contact with John O’Keefe’s body. In other words, the car didn’t hit him, and he wasn’t hit by the car. Period. Full stop,”

11:04 AM · Jun 18, 2024

I'm not sure the witness would add all that much to the defense. I don't think she is a very strong witness.
Agreed. Save all the arguments… wouldn’t it serve better to submit bite & claw mark photos previously done (wherever they are) by Chloe? A comparison of JOK’s arm injuries and Chloe bite marks would be much more sufficient. moo

@BienickWCVB

Under questioning from the judge, Wolfe says the US Dept of Justice and the FBI provided the evidence and was asked to determine if this incident was consistent with a motor vehicle crash.

Reminder: We know that a federal investigation is underway in connection with this case. We do not know the status of that investigation.

@JHall7news

The Judge asks Wolfe what he was asked to do - he says he was asked to do an analysis based on info he was given. Cannone: who sent you the information?

He says it was the FBI and the dept of justice. That's the first time the FBI has been mentioned openly. Of course jury is not present.

@KristinaRex

The third party is the DOJ and FBI, Dr. Wolfe says. They hired ARCCA, provided materials, and asked to answer the question of whether the evidence was consistent with a pedestrian interaction between Mr. John O’Keefe and the Lexus.

A reminder -- evidence of a DOJ/FBI investigation has not been permitted in this trial. So the jury will not know WHO the third party is who hired ARCCA for accident reconstruction, only that a third party did.

BBM re DV only in your opinion I think. Domestice violence is not alleged in this trial imo. And have seen no evidence of it imo. To extrapolate DV from KR and JO's text messages is disingenous. imo
I would say running over your domestic partner with your SUV, in a fit of rage, would be very reasonably considered DV... by everyone.

In fact, I think if the genders were reversed in this case, that... along with a lot of things, including opinions... would be considered by many, quite differently. <- I apologize if this is too edgy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member