MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think there is still any possible question as to whether ANY of JOK's injuries could have possibly resulted from being hit by a motor vehicle, you need to watch Dr. Sheridan's testimony.

He was very clear that none of JOK's injuries could have been caused by being hit by a motor vehicle, and that even the head injury was not consistent with striking the ground, even if it were frozen.

This was especially apparent during Lally's cross examination, Dr. Sheridan had a compelling answer for every single suggestion.

Lally now very much appears to be considering his own life choices.
I have to agree. At times media tweets can feel one sided. However, when watching him he is stable and strong in his responses.

Last edited:
@SueNBCBoston

The jurors are visibly confused, I imagine wondering who hired this witness.Wolfe says they didn’t know about the case, had no theories, did not outside research, just analyzed the evidence.Wolfe & his partner came up with the theory that the glass was thrown at the taillight.

Asked how he did the test.
Says he built a cannon.
The courtroom laughs.
Jackson says “cool job”

What information were you proved that a glass was thrown or John OKeefe had a cannon?
-none

Very good point here. Wolfe said Rentschler and himself tested a theory they came up with, without speaking to the DEFENSE, or the CW. An idea they took from the taillight and drinking glass damage...jmo.
Such a contrast from that other ‘evidence whisperer’ eh? I forget his name…… I think he said something like it just is, or words to that effect. MOO

@SueNBCBoston

Wolfe says the photos were of white, red plastic, glassHe is now criticizing the photos, there was no “stepping into the scene”, just zoomed in photos of the item.

Did you perform a reconstruction to determine in the vehicle hit OKeefe, and if the injuries were caused by a vehicle strike?
-yes

Wolfe details the taillight damage & a dent on the vehicle, but says that the rest of the car was remarkably intact

Is the damage consistent with a pedestrian strike?
-no
BBM
See, another one for my list of incompetence in investigating this death.

@SueNBCBoston

What is your assessment about whether the taillight damage could have been caused by OKeefe’s head?
-it’s inconsistent with the damage to the taillight

11:07 AM · Jun 24, 2024

Now testifies that the body panel did not have the damage that would have been consistent with an arm hitting it.
Jackson asks what force would be needed to hit an arm & spin him around.
-the body would not be projected.

@BienickWCVB

Wolfe says a collision at 24mph would have resulted in 2.5 times more damage. Says he did not see that level of damage on Read's SUV.

Wolfe says there were about 20 inches between the taillight and the trunk dent. He says there was no damage in between.

"There wouldn't be any projection (of the body)," Wolfe says about the result of O'Keefe's arm being hit.

@SueNBCBoston

Jackson asks a question, about hitting the arm, Lally objects It’s allowed, Wolfe asks “can you repeat the question?”Jackson “probably not”The court laughs

Wolfe talking about the lack of damage to the vehicle.

Sidebar.Three jurors just shot each other what I would call “WTF” looks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member