MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yannetti did the opening, so I'm pretty sure that Jackson will do the closing. And I bet they have charts and visuals they've been working on to lay out their whole view of the case. I fully expect he'll hit it out of the park.

I'm actually very curious about what Lally will say during closing. How will he excuse Proctor's actions? Will he stick with his reconstructionist's theory with the whole "John's arm hit the back of the SUV and launched him 30' backwards" thing? How will he explain away the discrepancies in the timeline that his own witnesses have introduced? I doubt he has it in him to rise to the occasion. I expect he'll just mumble his way through a completely unmemorable closing the same way he did the opening.
I plan on sleeping through Lally. I've had enough of him.

And the redone concrete basement floor! (To me, easily the most suspicious action taken after JO's death.)
Agree, the basement was the scene of the beating which resulted in substantial blood flow into the floor. The Alberts et al had to conspire quickly to place blame on Karen to prevent their home from being searched.

Agree, the basement was the scene of the beating which resulted in substantial blood flow into the floor. The Alberts et al had to conspire quickly to place blame on Karen to prevent their home from being searched.
First a plower, then AHA! Karen and her did I hit him and crack (per Dighton police officer) only tail light. They def thought FAST and who cares who we pin it on, it won't be us.

No wonder they didn't open that front door for any reason that morning. They couldn't chance someone asking if they could look around inside.

Yannetti did the opening, so I'm pretty sure that Jackson will do the closing. And I bet they have charts and visuals they've been working on to lay out their whole view of the case. I fully expect he'll hit it out of the park.

My money is on Yannetti doing the closing. He's the more congenial local guy and probably more relatable to the jury. I'm sure he'll do a perfect job driving it all home.

That and the redone or replaced bulkhead doors, probably couldn't help getting JOK's blood on them trying to get a big guy like him through them.
I missed this.....

Chloe was only put out in the fenced back yard. Not the front.
Why did no one see John on the lawn, including Lucky?
And why are so many innocent people lying and destroying evidence?
Oh I am pretty damn sure that BA and BH moved JO to where he was eventually found later - because of all the reasons you listed. And someone in that house killed JO whether they realized it right away or not. I just don’t think that JM texted and made calls when JO first arrived to lay some sort of false trail. I think she knew JO was dead at 2:30, lied to implicate KR, all the rest of it though.
I also don’t think the murder was planned and intentional. These cops are dumb but would they really plan for it to happen at BAs house?

I think Loughran and Russell left the defense in a strong position.

Lucky - Reasonable doubt.
Dr. Russell - Reasonable doubt
Richard Greene - Reasonable doubt
and I'll add
Medical Examiner - Reasonable doubt

All in one day. And then there's all the days before this one.

FBI experts will remove all doubt on Monday. John O'Keefe was not hit by any vehicle.

I also don’t think the murder was planned and intentional. These cops are dumb but would they really plan for it to happen at BAs house?

The defense isn't claiming it was planned. Personally, I think it started as a scuffle as soon as JO walked in the door. And John may have been the one to initiate it when he saw Higgins.

MOO, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member