MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh? I don't hear that anywhere, he said he didn't see damage consistent with an arm being struck.

Huh? I don't hear that anywhere, he said he didn't see damage consistent with an arm being struck.

Wolfe says in pedestrian collisions, there is often damage to the bumper. He saw small scratches on the bumper but not enough to be consistent with a pedestrian impact.

Wolfe says he and Rentschler did testing involving a drinking glass. Says they wanted to see if the glass was thrown at the taillight. They built an air cannon. "Yeah, it was pretty awesome," Wolfe says.

Wolfe says they did two tests: one with the glass flying at 31mph and the other at 37mph. Says the second test did damage to the taillight consistent with the damage to Read's taillight.

Wolfe says they did not test the prosecution's theory in which the taillight was broken by O'Keefe's arm while holding the glass.

injuries consistent with damage on tail light. I think he just doomed the case.
@SueNBCBoston

What is your assessment about whether the taillight damage could have been caused by OKeefe’s head?
-it’s inconsistent with the damage to the taillight

11:07 AM · Jun 24, 2024

Now testifies that the body panel did not have the damage that would have been consistent with an arm hitting it.
Jackson asks what force would be needed to hit an arm & spin him around.
-the body would not be projected.
Not doomed at all.....
Infact just the opposite.

Jackson asked whether any testing was done on whether a person who was holding the glass was struck by a vehicle.

Wolfe said they did not do that testing because there was only a small portion of the car that housed the taillight.

The damage to the back of the Lexus is confined to a 6 1/2-inch length, making the injuries to O’Keef’s arm inconsistent.

Wolfe says in pedestrian collisions, there is often damage to the bumper. He saw small scratches on the bumper but not enough to be consistent with a pedestrian impact.

Wolfe says he and Rentschler did testing involving a drinking glass. Says they wanted to see if the glass was thrown at the taillight. They built an air cannon. "Yeah, it was pretty awesome," Wolfe says.

Wolfe says they did two tests: one with the glass flying at 31mph and the other at 37mph. Says the second test did damage to the taillight consistent with the damage to Read's taillight.

Wolfe says they did not test the prosecution's theory in which the taillight was broken by O'Keefe's arm while holding the glass.
I really don't see it that way. You've lost me so agree to disagree. I watched and listened to the testimony and imo it casts massive doubt over the cw's contention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper