VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, about that.

Makes me recall this CW witness testimony

“I saw there was some damage to the right rear tail light,” he said. “It was cracked. A piece was missing. But it was not completely damaged.” - Dighton Police Sgt. Nicholas Barros

To me that was right inline with what other saw, it was only the far right of her tail that was damaged. Just a different way of saying it. It did appear a piece was missing, a large piece. If I remember correctly Kerry was shown the picture from the Sally Port and she said that’s what she seen but caked in snow.

I wonder how Yannetti feels about some of his co-counsel's antics. Yannetti has to work in that court room after this is all over and possibly face the same judge. Once the verdict is in Jackson is out of there and will likely never be back in that town.
I wouldn’t consider AJ’s defense of his clients as “antics”. I think he is extremely smart, passionate, and professional. If ever I were in deep doo doo, I would hope I could have an Alan Jackson defending me.

Last edited:
To me that was right inline with what other saw, it was only the far right of her tail that was damaged. Just a different way of saying it. It did appear a piece was missing, a large piece. If I remember correctly Kerry was shown the picture from the Sally Port and she said that’s what she seen but caked in snow.
it's 1 piece vs 47 pieces

Respectfully, I don't follow what you are saying

I’m getting nervous about this verdict now. At first I thought they were just being meticulous and thorough…now I think there’s a least one holdout. For her to be found guilty, someone would have to be convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that she hit him with her car and I just can’t wrap my head around that! Even if you think she probably did, or maybe did, or could have…that’s not enough for a guilty verdict. I thought for sure we would have a verdict by now.
I'd be the holdout. I believe she hit him with her vehicle, and that scenario rings truer to me than the whole went in the house, gets beat up, and dog attack, and thrown out in the cold to die by other law enforcement officers, and there be some grand cover-up scheme - and for what?? Too many people for somebody not to have come clean. If it were reversed and the prosecution were presenting that kind of case, then I'd have reasonable doubt. But I still feel strongly, and without reasonable doubt, that she was drunk off her *advertiser censored*, they were fighting, she was not intending to hit him or kill him, but accidentally hit him and didn't know it. And for that she's guilty of a lesser charge. Hell, SHE even thought she hit him.

Are you saying that was part of the testimony? Because if you are, I am going to need a link, please.

Also said it couldn’t have happened bumping into John’s car, so that leaves the question how?
There is video of KR backing into JO's car

Perhaps that resulted in 'a single piece missing' according to a Dighton police officer. Either way, the officer observed one piece missing.

Then, later 47 separate pieces appear at 34F. 4 7 P I E C E S

Can you explain to me, clearly, how that makes any sense?

ETA: ANY plausible explanation will be appreciated.

Of course 2nd degree murder does not explicitly require a car hit. After all, 2nd degree murder could occur with a gun, or a knife or a crowbar, or with someone's bare hands.

The prosecution still has to prove their theory, however, and their theory is that Karen killed John by backing up her SUV into him. And so, that is what they must prove.

Especially if she never hit him:

1. What evidence do we have left that her SUV was in any way involved in his death?

2. How did he get his arm wounds and how did the tail light fragments get on him?

Like you say, I think they have to at least substantially prove their version of events.

IMO

There is video of KR backing into JO's car

Perhaps that resulted in 'a single piece missing' according to a Dighton police officer. Either way, the officer observed one piece missing.

Then, later 47 separate pieces appear at 34F. 4 7 P I E C E S

Can you explain to me, clearly, how that makes any sense?
Yes out of town officer said opposite of what was shown once suv landed in the hands of the Canton police in their own sally port He testified and he knows what he saw as he is not out of the same town or PD

My Apple Watch doesn't register half the stairs I take and sometimes I WISH it would count the short and steep hills I sometimes walk and regularly drive. Which it never has. I don't buy the hill registering as stairs at all. IMO.
but that only matters if you believe JO walked into the house instantly walked down the stairs, was bashed in the head and attacked by a dog, then dumped on the lawn within minutes.

i gather you didn't think much of the snow plow driver's testimony?

How did this one large piece turn into 47 shards at 34F?

Anyone is welcome to answer.

"You're stronger than he is," Karen Read tells a boy outside the courthouse. He told Read he faces a bully and that he has a medical treatment similar to the one she had.

2:16 PM · Jun 27, 2024
IMHO, she is enjoying the limelight a little too much. Her lawyers should advise her to keep quiet and try not to influence a juror, if any are watching. I also think at times that CourtTV can be a bit biased regarding a murder case.

IMHO, she is enjoying the limelight a little too much. Her lawyers should advise her to keep quiet and try not to influence a juror, if any are watching. I also think at times that CourtTV can be a bit biased regarding a murder case.
Regret posting the video. Wasn't able to fully read the poster held by minor until KR pulled it away. Can't believe whoever adult with minor would do that. moo :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member