VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just randomly I checked my step count and stairs climbed on my Fitbit vs my iPhone. I don’t expect either are 100% accurate, there’s always room for error.

But my Fitbit, worn on my left wrist has 4x the amount of steps today than my phone does.
It has 3x the amount of flights climbed. (And these are actual stairs I did go up and down today)

Of course Fitbit is constantly worn whereas my phone isn’t, but today I was especially glued to my phone and carried it with me in my left hand probably 90% of the time I was moving today.

This means absolutely nothing especially since two different systems but I thought it was interesting.
It is maddening that none 0f these devices seem accurate and it’s 2024. I had a Fitbit 10 years ago and gave up on it. If I walked around the yard slowly it barely registered any movement. Stairs? Didn’t record within a 50% accuracy. I take the data on these devices with a grain 0f salt. Where did he wear the phone and did it really register accurate steps?

It is maddening that none 0f these devices seem accurate and it’s 2024. I had a Fitbit 10 years ago and gave up on it. If I walked around the yard slowly it barely registered any movement. Stairs? Didn’t record within a 50% accuracy. I take the data on these devices with a grain 0f salt. Where did he wear the phone and did it really register accurate steps?

I think it's more apt to MISS steps than to add steps that didn't happen, though.

IMO MOO

However much snow was on the ground surely the cops would have been able to spot MASSIVE red taillight pieces scattered around John’s body in the fresh white snow at 6am?
Police usually carry these things called ‘torches’[*] and they’re very useful for seeing things in the dark.

JMO

[*]eta: or “flashlight” if you prefer
In this case, torches, along with pitchforks, seems appropriate.

I’m laughing at the last 2nd to last line, thinking OMG this is what my life has become. I can’t wait till it’s over so I can find something else to do. That fan is my new screen saver!
I swore I would never get hooked on a trial again...let alone one that went this long....but I did....and so much of the rest of my life is on hold or getting accomplished very slowly. Now tomorrow I will be gone for llunch and early afternoon and bet something comes in. If this goes to next week I give up.

I just don't believe there is anything that has been proven beyond a reasonable doubt other than she was drunk.

Yes.....proven by Blood Test analysis report.

Good question would be was she in a alcoholic blackout state at the
12:30 AM time in front of 34 Fairview when JOK got out of car.
Would help to explain the "did I hit him" or "I hit him" statements made later on.

Interrupted Memories: Alcohol-Induced Blackouts | National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA)

Possibly what happened:

- KR drops off JOK in front of 34 Fairview after arguing with him.
- She does something whacky with the car and backs the car into something
(could have been the curb) and KR feels the impact inside of the car.
- However, being in a blackout state, this is incident not transferred
from short-term to long-term memory.
- She drives off and goes home and goes to sleep for a couple of hours.
- She wakes up, say around 3:00AM and wonders where JOK is.
- Then the memory of dropping JOK off at 34 Fairview starts to
slowly come back to her.
- Then the memory her doing something whacky with car and hitting
something with the car slowly starts to come back to her.
- This is the point where she really becomes frantic and she starts to
question herself: "did I hit him?"
- Shortly after she starts with the phone calls and contacting others.
- As more of her memory comes back she becomes more and more frantic.
- Eventually, she and the two others end up back at 34 Fairview at 6:00AM where
the dashcam video shows her state of mind and interactions.
- At this point she is completely unhinged and questioning herself
out loud: "did I hit him?" or has even convinced herself that she did
hit him by saying out loud: " I hit him."

Just MOO

I swore I would never get hooked on a trial again...let alone one that went this long....but I did....and so much of the rest of my life is on hold or getting accomplished very slowly. Now tomorrow I will be gone for llunch and early afternoon and bet something comes in. If this goes to next week I give up.
I came into this after the trial started, didn't really know much about it. Got hooked with a quickness after reading here and elsewhere. There's just SO MUCH in this case, it's hard to step away! I was supposed to do important things today like get my emissions tested to renew my car tag, but noooo... glued to the TV and computer :rolleyes: I'm trying to remember the last trial that pulled me in like this. I want some sort of news tomorrow, but, like you, I have things to do lol.
IMO.

I am now convinced that trying so hard to persuade the jury that her saying "I hit him" never happened was the wrong route to take for the defense. Because she probably did say that or something quite similar to that, and it has been substantiated by enough eyewitness evidence that it can't be persuasively denied.

It would have better to say she did say it, but she was in a state of extreme emotional disturbance. She was confused and distraught. She wasn't confessing; she was trying to figure out what happened, albeit in a hysterical manner.

That's what I believe really happened, anyway.

Yes.....proven by Blood Test analysis report.

Good question would be was she in a alcoholic blackout state at the
12:30 AM time in front of 34 Fairview when JOK got out of car.
Would help to explain the "did I hit him" or "I hit him" statements made later on.

Interrupted Memories: Alcohol-Induced Blackouts | National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA)

Possibly what happened:

- KR drops off JOK in front of 34 Fairview after arguing with him.
- She does something whacky with the car and backs the car into something
(could have been the curb) and KR feels the impact inside of the car.
- However, being in a blackout state, this is incident not transferred
from short-term to long-term memory.
- She drives off and goes home and goes to sleep for a couple of hours.
- She wakes up, say around 3:00AM and wonders where JOK is.
- Then the memory of dropping JOK off at 34 Fairview starts to
slowly come back to her.
- Then the memory her doing something whacky with car and hitting
something with the car slowly starts to come back to her.
- This is the point where she really becomes frantic and she starts to
question herself: "did I hit him?"
- Shortly after she starts with the phone calls and contacting others.
- As more of her memory comes back she becomes more and more frantic.
- Eventually, she and the two others end up back at 34 Fairview at 6:00AM where
the dashcam video shows her state of mind and interactions.
- At this point she is completely unhinged and questioning herself
out loud: "did I hit him?" or has even convinced herself that she did
hit him by saying out loud: " I hit him."

Just MOO
KR's car did not hit JO and his injuries were not caused by her car.

“You can’t deny the science and the physics,” Andrew Rentschler from ARCCA, testified at one point. ARCCA was hired by the FBI as part of a federal investigation into state law enforcement’s handling of the Read case.

Dog attack causing death would have brought on a large civil lawsuit. If he had fallen down the stairs, they might have had a lawsuit but they could have defended themselves saying "his blood alcohol content was 0.280, it's not our fault he tripped."
I think the point of this whole imo coverup was to “protect” one of the kids and themselves being investigated/ arrested/ jailed etc. Something happened in that house. New basement floor, dog rehomed, phones dumped, suspicious butt dials, text messages, inverted video, bruised knuckles on Colin etc They needed to derail the early and initial investigation away from themselves. No search warrant for house. Muddying the waters with a lot of help. Once the evidence, crime scene etc gets contaminated or disappears altogether it would be a lot harder if not impossible to charge anyone else. Even if KR doesn’t get convicted, I doubt any other arrests will come out of this. Jmo

KR's car did not hit JO and his injuries were not caused by her car.

“You can’t deny the science and the physics,” Andrew Rentschler from ARCCA, testified at one point. ARCCA was hired by the FBI as part of a federal investigation into state law enforcement’s handling of the Read case.

"You can’t deny the science and the physics"

I got so excited when he said that in court. It seemed to me like the perfect way to end the trial. I was so sure that it would bring us to a full acquittal. Yet, here we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member