VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it does put pressure on them. It's easy to hold out if there are no consequences. Just refuse to budge until everyone else gives up arguing with you and then you're released from your duty.

This is a good point.

I'm not saying this is the case here, but say a couple of jurors had a personality conflict and out of spite/stubbornness, one decided to vote the opposite of the other one just because.

I hope it does put pressure on them. It's easy to hold out if there are no consequences. Just refuse to budge until everyone else gives up arguing with you and then you're released from your duty.

The refusal of the judge to accept the jury's claim of a deadlock means that everyone has to go back and talk some more, not just stay stuck in whatever position they hold. Maybe be a little more open to listening other people's arguments. Their duty is to come to a consensus, and maybe for the first time, the jury is realizing this.
These are good points. I just wonder in this case if g hold outs would be open to further listening to reason and others' arguments because rational evidence had to be ignored to reach their position jmo. On the contrary if the hold out is an ng then despite what I just hoped for before, imo ngs are more likely to eventually cave to pressure depending on numbers and support. jmo In this case I can't imagine there is room for further compromise because it is ripe for polarisation. There's a chance minority ng could cave out of pressure and fear of consequences more so than the reverse moo

T

I agree. If I was the holdout, I would not budge, but that is just me. People have accused me of being overly stubborn. LOL!!! There is always a silent minority that does not agree with the very loud majority. Not everyone in the community agrees with the people wearing pink outside of the courtroom and the jurors in the Karen Read case reflect that. The media have been very focused on the Karen Read supporters and at times have seemed almost a cheerleader for Karen Read, which they SHOULD NOT DO. Even CourtTV has showed some bias in favor of Karen. In the end, the only people who knows what really happened are two people, and one of them is dead.
Regardless of the case, if I were a lone jury hold-out I might concede if I thought they were guilty and everyone else wanted NG. But if I were convinced the defendant is innocent, never!

FOR THE FIRST TIME protestors who think that Karen Read is guilty showed up to the courthouse — they say they are here to support the O’Keefe family. I asked if they think Karen Read killed John O’Keefe and they responded “100%, she admitted it.”@wbz

@CBSNews

#WATCH: 4 non-supporters just stormed through the Karen Read crowd calling for a guilty verdict. They were quickly pushed back. Read supporters rallied together, chanting “Free Karen Read” as a response. First time we’ve seen the two sides collide outside court.
@boston25

Regardless of the case, if I were a lone jury hold-out I might concede if I thought they were guilty and everyone else wanted NG. But if I were conviced the defendant is innocent, never!
that's mwt (my wishful thinking) too but in the reality of canton, the judge, and if the ng are the minority I wouldn't judge an ng for caving eventually to pressure from a g majority. I don't think they should be forced to remain hung and trying to reach majority verdict any longer than than a few hours jmo. We really don't know which way the balance is here. Imo it's become hard to predict.

#WATCH: 4 non-supporters just stormed through the Karen Read crowd calling for a guilty verdict. They were quickly pushed back. Read supporters rallied together, chanting “Free Karen Read” as a response. First time we’ve seen the two sides collide outside court.
@boston25

All I can think of when seeing this is the verse from the Bob Dylan song Desolation Row:

" They're selling postcards of the hanging
They're painting the passports brown
The beauty parlor's filled with sailors
The circus is in town"

There's about 467 verses to this song and I used to be able to play and sing all of this masterpiece but it's been years since I've tried remembering all of them. A lot of the lines makes sense in the backdrop of this trial. I usually have a song go thru my head whenever I get invested in one of these trials and this tune seems fitting.

@boston25

I'd like to speak to the person with the sign that says "this is about John O'Keefe. Not YOU." They literally don't get our justice system. It's NOT just about JOK. Or even KR. It is about ALL of us. And if the kind of nonsense that went on throughout this investigation can put a personal away for life, we are all screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mysterykitty