VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #15

On cross, Irini Scordi-Bello, the medical examiner, said John O'Keefe's injuries could have been the result of getting punched in the face. Or the result of an animal attack.

Another extremely solid CW witness.

This with Trooper Joseph Paul and what more does one need
the CW did not get what they needed from Scordi-Bello. She was uncomfortable knowing what they wanted her to say but staying within what she really saw and thinks.

Great post!

I think it is now clear members of the jury do indeed see totality and the reality of life isn't perfect including investigations via small, underfinanced jurisdictions.
Is it an excuse for someone to get away with a blatant homicide?

Totality.
Means.
and yes...of course evidence. Plenty of it. IMO

Joining the dots.....
All roads lead to Karen Read.

I think a hung jury will be very bad for her.
The prosecution will clear up all the messes and go her again.
Will Jackson do her for free???
hmmm.
Probably.

MOO
I think she can probably crowdsource her defense if it comes to that. lol But, I don't know if I agree Lally will want to do this again. Maybe if it is another prosecutor. But, also, I still don't think this should have gone to trial. There are still a lot of issues. I mean, even despite what I said, I still would find her not guilty.

The circumstances stink, but we can't have LE that operates like this and still give them a guilty verdict. It's how innocent people end up in prison. This is bad for everyone.

I wonder what fan and little red smoke alarm talk about all day. They might not see eye to eye specially as smoke alarm's whole purpose in appliance land is to give off smoke warnings whilst I imagine fan would relish an opportunity to do it's stuff by fanning the flames. Wonder how much longer the verdict will be as blah blah...........................

Yes, so true. And I might need to get new glasses or clean these. But are we looking at the same fan? The one I see is getting tired and exhausted it seems.

Hoping for some news this week before the close of court Wednesday. MOO
Same fan, moo. :)

I commend the jurors for taking their time.

Way too much unnecessary info presented to the jury, imo. I blame ADA.

Can people retain all that info? I have a short attention span and can't even recall some things without thinking about it for a few.

Respectfully, it's distressing, but someone's life is on the line, as you know.

moo

@JHall7news

Consensus up here on the second floor (I’m coming off 5 days off and missed day 2,3 and 4 of deliberations) is that the jury is in the 23rd hour of their deliberations. This is always an estimate as we don’t know what the jury is doing during their lunch breaks, etc

9:48 AM · Jul 1, 2024

I think she can probably crowdsource her defense if it comes to that. lol But, I don't know if I agree Lally will want to do this again. Maybe if it is another prosecutor. But, also, I still don't think this should have gone to trial. There are still a lot of issues. I mean, even despite what I said, I still would find her not guilty.

The circumstances stink, but we can't have LE that operates like this and still give them a guilty verdict. It's how innocent people end up in prison. This is bad for everyone.
Is it up to Lally or Morrissey as to try it again. This is all just serving to magnify the awful LE work in the case and keep this in public eye longer. I honestly don't see how they can justify spending more tax $$ to do this again. KR really needs the NG to lift this cloud that is hovering over her and her whole family. Sadly not sure she will get it.

It is curious, BH texts JOK at 12:20 asking where he was, then when the SUV arrives 12:21-12:23, BH decides to leave shortly after? And yet BA thinks he left much later...very curious. Was BA trying to line up when BH left due to his card swipe at CPD at 1:30? The things that make ya go Hmmmmm....
Hmmmmmm.

Same, her dad has lost his shirt on this already.

Her reputation has been destroyed now, she can never recover it.

She lost everything.
But she will capitalize on the movies, books and documentaries etc. She will be infamous. More and more will come out in FBI and people talking and whoever the holdout(s) are will regret the decision if it is hung.

But she will capitalize on the movies, books and documentaries etc. She will be infamous. More and more will come out in FBI and people talking and whoever the holdout(s) are will regret the decision if it is hung.
I think she's almost broken.. She is becoming more and more brittle every day..
I think this is the last post for her, she has nothing left at any level.
Plus, she lost Ok and probably got no time to grieve that bereavement.

It doesn't matter to me that they were hired by the FBI and being completely neutral doesn't mean they are 100% correct or infallible. They should certainly know there are uncertainties in reconstructing an incident, especially based entirely on pictures and incomplete information.

You can only have expected injuries if you're certain about all of the circumstances and variables of the impact... which we are clearly not.

I can guess. KR guns it in reverse and he might've fallen down... perhaps on one knee... perhaps in the process of getting back up and trying to scramble out of the way, then gets hit. Maybe she stops and even backs over him a little more? There are a lot of scenarios that could've happened and unfortunately the weather played a part in making those harder to discern.
There was no evidence on his body that he got hit. I’m very unclear how there’s argument about this.

I'm curious. Can anyone recall a jury that has declared itself hung, and been forced to continue deliberating after that, decide on innocence? It seems to me that if they're forced to agree, those who would decide for not guilty are swayed to vote guilty just to finally be done with it.

Same fan, moo. :)

I commend the jurors for taking their time.

Way too much unnecessary info presented to the jury, imo. I blame ADA.

Can people retain all that info? I have a short attention span and can't even recall some things without thinking about it for a few.

Respectfully, it's distressing, but someone's life is on the line, as you know.

moo
I heard one commentator say that this is a strategy when you have NO CASE. Just put anyone and everyone up on that stand and drag it out for the best result. I think the opposite but I guess that seemed to be CW strategy. If you watch Lally's courtroom demeanor and body language this guy is just putting in hours with zero passion for this case at all. I am not sure he even believes his own words.

I'm curious. Can anyone recall a jury that has declared itself hung, and been forced to continue deliberating after that, decide on innocence? It seems to me that if they're forced to agree, those who would decide for not guilty are swayed to vote guilty just to finally be done with it.
There's another stage called the Allen thingy in most states tho' not MA..
It's a shove rather than a push but it could well bring the same result ..

They can still remain hung.

usually if forced to continue it is where majority are for Guilty with some hold outs and they move to guilty. This one in my opinion would have to be the opposite and in some ways seems more difficult.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
afj9
Back