VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, the statement was: "There was no evidence on his body that he got hit. I’m very unclear how there’s argument about this"

The pieces of her car, embedded in his clothing, are evidence that the car made contact with him at some point that evening.

The amount of evidence that would need to be planted, at the level of detail that it is present, is too much for for even a team of bad-actors to pull off.
RBBM

Are you suggesting there are not issues with chain of custody?

You seem to be

This is exactly how I feel! I don't have any feelings towards Karen, positive or negative. To me everything else has overshadowed that. I think if you're using judgements of a persons character, their appearance and messages sent when drunk instead of scientific and solid evidence then that speaks volumes to how weak the CW case is. JMO.
Add to that an already fragile mental state, a few serious physical conditions and a sudden and devastating bereavement.

I understand that compassion , empathy sympathy and rapport are considered 'woke' and the anti is strong.

Anyways Q from jury just in.

Transcripts take time to produce. They are not instantaneous and I would assume the entire trial has not been transcribed, edited, and finalized yet. I've never watched a trial where the jury was given transcripts.
The article states the transcripts are in the courtroom. I've seen jurors be given access, or read again the testimony if they have questions. Considering how long and detailed this trial is, I really don't understand why the jury isn't allowed to seek clarity and be reminded of the testimony of the witnesses and experts. Who does this help?

Are you sure they have access to anything at all, besides their own notes? The article I posted stated they had only to rely on their own notes.
I asked a specific question re access to arm wound photos and exhibits in general and was told on thread by experienced trial watchers that jurors have access to exhibits. So now Im not sure again so at this point I'll go back to saying I have no idea. maybe there is a document in MA Court Rules on the Court website. Idk but would be good to understand the basics

@JHall7news

The jury has a question I’m told. They should be coming in shortly. The panel is in its 24th hour of deliberations #KarenReadTrial

Judge Cannone: this is an extraordinary jury. David Yannetti indicates they have sent Cannone a note expressing “fundamental differences.” Judge agrees with defense it is time for her to give the “Tuey Rodriguez” instruction, also known as the dynamite instruction.

10:53 AM · Jul 1, 2024

The article states the transcripts are in the courtroom. I've seen jurors be given access, or read again the testimony if they have questions. Considering how long and detailed this trial is, I really don't understand why the jury isn't allowed to seek clarity and be reminded of the testimony of the witnesses and experts. Who does this help?
The jury is not seeking transcripts.

I’m curious, as we wait and wonder what’s going on in the jury room, after everyone here (WS) watched the whole trial, at the point where the jury deliberations began, have any posters here been persuaded enough to change their mind (G or NG) based on what other posters have shared here? My bet is very few. Moo

Reminder: The jury has no access to transcripts of witnesses' testimony. They must rely on their memories and personal notes. If jurors disagree about what a witness said, there's no way to check.
that's a reporter posting his tweets in an article. there doesn't appear to be anything special preventing the jury from making a request to the judge, like I'm saying. all of this re: transcripts is standard operating procedure for trials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamieleeds