VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where’s the photo of them at JOK’s funeral? They were all supposedly friends or friendly with JOK - JMc even stated more than once that she loved him.

Why no shows at the funeral? moo
Was Karen there ?

@TedDanielnews

Breaking: Jury in the Karen Read murder trial indicates for a 3rd time that they have tried but are unable to reach a unanimous verdict

Judge said "jury is at an impasse”

BREAKING: Judge Cannone declares a MISTRIAL in the KAREN READ murder trial after the jury is unable to reach a unanimous verdict on the 5th day of deliberations. A hung jury means Read is neither convicted nor acquitted. The Norfolk DA’s office will have to decide if they want to try the case again.

I can hear what sounds like cheering outside. Members of the O'Keefe family and friend group appear distraught.

that was so uncomfortable...the hugs and smiles all around right in front of the family. KR acted like she got NG. I am really missing something here.
[mod snip]

She has been mocked and criticized for every bit of emotion, or assumed lack thereof. People seem to have forgotten that she too is a person, a person who wants to get back to what is LEFT OF her life after her SO died years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course she will speak. Here is her golden opportunity to build her "brand" and start the process to turn the death of Officer O'Keefe into a money making opportunity for herself. After all, she needs to recoup her legal fees. :( JMO
Well news just updated and said she did not speak but her Atty did.
Don’t know which , will play back soon.

"If you're at an impasse with a hung jury, that means they're really not sure," she said. "That's not a win for the prosecution. That's a win for the defense team, because they at least have some people who believe [Read] is not guilty in some respects."

"Then the coin is back in the prosecution's hand as to whether or not they're going to retry, and it's not always a guarantee. They may not, so at that point it'd be a win for the defense because you're not sure if they're gonna retry."

Just look at the smirk on Karen Read's face!!! I don't like this woman!!! Why? Because I feel she is responsible for John O'Keefe's murder. Can't say if it was intentional, but I feel she did it. I would have been the holdout. Never compromise my conviction. This is not a win for Karen Read as all the jurors did not feel Karen Read was not guilty. <modsnip: no source for info stated as fact>

Last edited by a moderator:
Mama O'Keefe crying brought me to tears. I feel so bad. Because it is very likely there will be no justice for their loved one. I feel like John as the victim was lost in all of this. The party carnival atmosphere near the court everyday probably doesn't help. It is all just so sad.

I agree. I understand that the trial is specifically for trying Karen Read for murder, but you're right that John as the victim is largely forgotten.
This case should never have gone to trial. Let the FBI finish their investigation and rethink after that.

We’re told the jury has a question. They are about to return to the courtroom.

The prosecution had entered the courtroom. The press is waiting outside the courtroom to be admitted.

Press has been admitted. Prosecution is in the courtroom, Read & attorneys, family & supporters. The OKeefe family has not entered yet.

It’s obviously tense, and more tense than it has been before.The OKeefe family has entered.

The order has been given to line up the jury.The judge has entered.They jury is at an impasse

Jurors are entering

Our perspectives on the evidence are divided.

One juror is crying.

Mistrial

Jurors leave. Many look pained

We can hear the screams from outside

Now to the mundane business of scheduling future issues.

It’s pouring outside

Status hearing date set

@SueNBCBoston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads