VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
that was so uncomfortable...the hugs and smiles all around right in front of the family. KR acted like she got NG. I am really missing something here.
Just the ending of horrific stress due to some jury members is OVER, for now. She is the one on trial, not the family and we def. did not take it the way you are, so different outlooks on people under this kind of situation.

Just look at the smirk on Karen Read's face!!! I don't like this woman!!! Why? Because I feel she is responsible for John O'Keefe's murder. Can't say if it was intentional, but I feel she did it. I would have been the holdout. Never compromise my conviction. This is not a win for Karen Read as all the jurors did not feel Karen Read was not guilty. <modsnip>
You would have been the hold out… because you ‘feel’ she is responsible. And unfortunately, I think that logic (if it can be called that - thinking your emotions and convictions are empirical over evidence) is what caused this mistrial.

Last edited by a moderator:
that was so uncomfortable...the hugs and smiles all around right in front of the family. KR acted like she got NG. I am really missing something here.
Shes acting like shes not guilty perhap's bc she is not guilty ? There was always a chance a G verdict could have been reached so there is prob relief that she is free and not in cuffs being walked to the slammer. Her parents are relieved and Karen is relieved - are they not allowed to be relieved?

IMO that courtroom was packed full of hate for Karen Okeefe before during and after testimony -seething hatred towards KR from JOK's family every day of that trial. The way John's brother stared at her every day. If there were open minds in their gallery I did not see any. They decided she was guilty and that was the end of it.

Boy this trial was an eye opener.
JMO

From his perspective, completely understandable. Not only did KR kill his brother, but her defense also tried to unabashedly slander and frame a bunch of innocent people for the murder.

Whatever words he used probably aren't vile enough to describe his feelings towards her. Again, from his perspective.
She did? They did?

You would have been the hold out… because you ‘feel’ she is responsible. And unfortunately, I think that logic (if it can be called that - thinking your emotions and convictions are empirical over evidence) is what caused this mistrial.
Yes, that's what I think too. and if it was that way those jurors failed to fullfil the duties they pledged themselves to IMO JMO

No. Judges almost always tell them that they can speak if they want but that they don't have to speak. That is standard -- a routine instruction in many cases.
You just agreed with me. I never said they HAD to speak; I said the judge can't put restrictions on them speaking after a mistrial is declared because the jury is released from duty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice