VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My one main concern with a hung jury is that KR will not be able to afford to hire Attorneys for her defense if the case is retried. Still puzzled why the Defense want the hung jury. Playing reverse psycology with Cannone? Financial reasons? guessing the CW wont retry the case?

My one main concern with a hung jury is that KR will not be able to afford to hire Attorneys for her defense if the case is retried. Still puzzled why the Defense want the hung jury. Playing reverse psycology with Cannone? Financial reasons? guessing the CW wont retry the case?
Interesting that is what they wanted. I think they get to see the split.

@SueNBCBoston

Judge decides they should continue to deliberate.
Jurors enter.
Judge tells them she knows how hard they’ve been working, tells them to continue to deliberate.

Two jurors vigorously nod affirmatively.
One of those jurors is someone who I thought might be at odds with the others.
Of course we don’t know what the split is.

Jurors’ collective mood, to me, did not seem down, or tired.

12:25 PM · Jun 28, 2024

I called it IIRC at 13 hours deliberation that there is a hung jury. A hung jury is not good for either side, no matter how the defense and prosecution would spin it. I wonder if the jury is still hung and the judge calls it, if the prosecution would retry the case.

@alcaprari23

BREAKING: Karen Read jury says they are unable to reach a unanimous verdict. Commonwealth wants them to continue and is making argument now. Defense believes it has been sufficient time. Judge hearing both sides.

12:11 PM · Jun 28, 2024

After hearing both arguments, the judge is sending the jury back in to continue deliberating. Some of these last 4 days of deliberations have been shortened; judge wants to see more from them before deciding they are hung.

12:15 PM · Jun 28, 2024

I called it IIRC at 13 hours deliberation that there is a hung jury. A hung jury is not good for either side, no matter how the defense and prosecution would spin it. I wonder if the jury is still hung and the judge calls it, if the prosecution would retry the case.

The only people who should be tried is Proctor and his henchmen.

i agree with judge. don't understand defense. bet they just want out now before the lunch.
The defense didn’t say they wanted a hung jury. They wanted the Allen statement read to the jury whereas the prosecution wants to wait to even have that read. Judge agreed w/the prosecution and is holding the big gun back for later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member