VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was all within minutes between locations. She was his ride of choice as they were together and she decided to not go in as not feeling well, stomach issues, which she documented does have medical issues. Higgins was there and if her I would not of gone in either due to prior interaction with him that was obv a mistake to have done that. HE was going in for whatever his real reasons were, she was wary, they were not her friends. Not a place she wanted to be in, but she would of course planned, along with him to wait or come back if he NEEDED her to. He should of been able to grab a ride back home, minutes away, from any of them, if all was above board. It was not. She just needed to know the plan.
I failed to address the BH issue. I recall AJ questioning him as to whether he and KR chatted at the bar, he said not to her directly. I really couldn’t tell who he was talking to when he has his back to the camera. I doubt I’d want to hang out with him either but she is the one who made that awkward and then some. Anyone have any ideas as to wth she was thinking texting him in that way? Was it bc she was mad about Aruba ? I’ve said once before that I think that whole angle was brought in bc she retold the story in the text messages with BH. I certainly wouldn’t have thought BH was her style. Another strange twist in this crazy story.

Well maybe that’s what she is implying. But they had phone calls and mapping to try and get there, that’s sure a big waste to not intend to stay. I’m not sure I can rationalize all that.
I was under the impression that Karen was interested in continuing the party at C and E but that was not happening. They then together headed for the Alberts but argued about things and by the time they arrived she decided not to go in and he went in. Why she waited not sure but she seemed to expect a call from him confirming he would stay and had a way home. I'm reading a lot into it as don't remember play by play.

You're forgetting that the key cycle log proves she did not have possession of her vehicle when it backed up at 24 mph.
That was the defenses take on it. They also left off the key cycle of when Karen was out looking for John herself. I’m going to try watch that testimony again…..good grief it was painful the first time around. He was definitely not good on the stand.

Yes I realize they all moved about in a small geographic area. But from the Waterfall videos, KR was noted to be just as social as the next person. I can buy her stomach ailments, not so much that they weren’t properly invited. As many say, didn’t JM try and drag her along with them? I would take that as being welcomed.
I think she went alonggg with them as with J and he knew them, there were other friends there of his too. I did see on the vid that JMc was waving KR along , JO down at the bar looking towards them, she was going to show KR a surprise, (odd) she asked but JMc was def wanting to separate them at the end. It sounded like Albert did a group invite as testified by another couple that declined. Not sure if KR heard or it meant them. Higgins did text J>O if he was coming. Not sure if KR knew that. Sounded like a mishmash. KR just wanted to be with John and he was going out and she did drive up and meet him at the first place. I have dragged my bf at one time in the past to a place of people that one friend knew and it was fine with me, but not to the bf. He was correct turns out. Bad news. So people kind of GO ALONG to continue to be with their S.O. or friends.

I was under the impression that Karen was interested in continuing the party at C and E but that was not happening. They then together headed for the Alberts but argued about things and by the time they arrived she decided not to go in and he went in. Why she waited not sure but she seemed to expect a call from him confirming he would stay and had a way home. I'm reading a lot into it as don't remember play by play.
Thanks, I almost forgot about the pizza place

She just wanted to eat, it is not a drinking place and the rest were nooooooot interested in that. She tried. Interesting though.
She was def not comfortable in that plan of Alberts if she even thought it included her and John to go back there or was sure. That pizza place is across the street from Waterfall and next to McCarthy's. Pizza place is Chris Alberts who was among them.

Last edited:
I think she went alonggg with them as with J and he knew them, there were other friends there of his too. I did see on the vid that JMc was waving KR along , JO down at the bar looking towards them, she was going to show KR a surprise, (odd) she asked but JMc was def wanting to separate them at the end. It sounded like Albert did a group invite as testified by another couple that declined. Not sure if KR heard or it meant them. Higgins did text J>O if he was coming. Not sure if KR knew that. Sounded like a mishmash. KR just wanted to be with John and he was going out and she did drive up and meet him at the first place. I have dragged my bf at one time in the past to a place of people that one friend knew and it was fine with me, but not to the bf. He was correct turns out. Bad news. So people kind of GO ALONG to continue to be with their S.O. or friends.
Also testified by the friend who declined to go to Alberts, that JMc grabbed KR's arm and said you're coming with me, KR asked where. The bar was closing, they were leaving, JO'K watching from the bar area finishing his beer. Testimony was that the woman noticed that it was odd.

That was the defenses take on it. They also left off the key cycle of when Karen was out looking for John herself. I’m going to try watch that testimony again…..good grief it was painful the first time around. He was definitely not good on the stand.
Please report back, it's actually very simple math.

Causes of skull fracture include the following:

• “being hit with an object such as a baseball bat, hammer, or rock
  • falling and hitting the ground
  • injuring the head in a vehicle accident
  • injuring the head in a motorcycle accident
  • being struck by a vehicle or train as a pedestrian or cyclist
  • being physically assaulted or abused
  • sustaining a sports injury

I’m a little late to the thread here, but are some arguing that the arm injury was fatal? And not the skull fracture?

I’m a little late to the thread here, but are some arguing that the arm injury was fatal? And not the skull fracture?
lord i hope not

lord i hope not

Thanks for your reply and I hope not too.

The victim had a skull fracture which is much more likely to have incapacitated him than a dog bite (if he in fact had a dog bite) The fact that he had two black eyes sounds like he had the more serious type of skull fracture- basilar.

“Raccoon eyes is most often caused by a basal skull fracture (BSF). The basal part of your skull is the bottom portion where the brain rests. When a fracture occurs, symptoms such as raccoon eyes may follow. BSF can occur from car accidents, falls, sports injuries, and other sources of head trauma.”

No, I think pretty much everyone agrees that the skull fracture was the lethal injury that caused his death. If one was hit by a vehicle or train, you would have other injuries to the body in addition to the skull fracture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli