VERDICT WATCH MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #15

The point is the defense did not have to prove anything...(I'm sure you already knew that!)
Most people misunderstand this- The defense does not have a burden of proof. That is not the same as not having to substantiate the things they say. If that were true every crime could be dismissed because you could always defend it by saying the police framed my client without any evidence that is the case.

The prosecution can’t simply accuse and then sit back and make the defense prove them wrong. That is what burden of proof means.

Last edited:
The defense did bring in their own witness's. I assume it was to prove that certain parts of the CW's case was wrong. JMO.
Yes. They proved the entirety of the cw's case wrong BARD. IMO
Splitting hairs about this stuff seems pretty pointless to me but the OP probably means that defense were strictly speaking neither required to prove the CW wrong or offer an alternative. It was the cw's burden to prove BARD JO was murdered by KR via impact with her lexus which they utterly failed to do. IMO. Notwithstanding the jury is currently hung. JMO

And if you are LE living in that house maybe that is why you have no cameras. You have Chloe instead to keep things safe.
You don’t want to Inadvertently record yourself meeting with say a bad guy who pulls up to the house and hands you say a stop and shop bag stuffed full of cash just for instance. Or some other type of illicit exchange.
Bc yes cameras are everywhere here in Norfolk County. Even in the affluent areas. Maybe more so in those areas. More disposable cash to purchase a camera and always a threat of robbery etc bc you do live in the high rent district. If I am a bad guy that’s where I’m headed. .
And it is suspicious that they had none. Did anyone verify ?
Jmo.
Wasn't it speculated that they did have cameras on their house, but that they got rid of them because this happened, to hide footage that may show what actually happened, or to hide something unrelated to this incident that they wouldn't want seen? jmo

Best answer from a CW witness?

# 1 Trooper Paul's " It just did"

#2 Julie McCabes dastardly attempt at pronouncing Trooper Bukhenik's name. Bhawhahaaa hhaaaaaaa

Just me remembering fun moments...

:cool:
Poor trooper Paul. I genuinely retain some sympathy for him. I give him some agency but think he was the fall guy.

Yes. They proved the entirety of the cw's case wrong BARD. IMO
Splitting hairs about this stuff seems pretty pointless to me but the OP probably means that defense were strictly speaking neither required to prove the CW wrong or offer an alternative. It was the cw's burden to prove BARD JO was murdered by KR via impact with her lexus which they utterly failed to do. IMO. Notwithstanding the jury is currently hung. JMO
I don't think it's pointless.

It's obvious that the defense doesn't have the burden of proof and they don't even have to call any witness's.

But they did in this case. JMO.

Wasn't it speculated that they did have cameras on their house, but that they got rid of them because this happened, to hide footage that may show what actually happened, or to hide something unrelated to this incident that they wouldn't want seen? jmo

Indeed, it may have been speculated. But, due to the " Look the Other Way" investigation, this was never even asked about.
What search warrant?

:rolleyes:

Best answer from a CW witness?

# 1 Trooper Paul's " It just did"

#2 Julie McCabes dastardly attempt at pronouncing Trooper Bukhenik's name. Bhawhahaaa hhaaaaaaa

Just me remembering fun moments...

:cool:
.. To Dr Sheridan
..'and can you tell from his injuries whether the dog attacked from inside or outside the home..?
A- No
Lally- case closed.. :eek: :p:rolleyes:

He kept playing out these wannabe eureka moments, they all fell flat.
It seemed more mindless (auto pilot) to me than any sort of strategising, as if he was just blindly following his usual questioning method minus any logical thought. Like when sometimes you arrive at destination and realise you can't remember driving there because your mind is so distracted by other things (at least this has happenned to me on occasion. Not meaning black outs (!) just that body memory allows you to drive whilst internally distracted)

Unfortunately, I will not be able to follow the situation anywhere near as closely next week. I just hope that on Monday, we will somehow be able to get a Not Guilty verdict.

I'm not afraid anymore that KR might be found guilty.....that seems out of the question at this point. I am afraid, however, that she may have to endure this whole trial all over again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soraxtm
Back