MISTRIAL MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It seems to be a mystery as to where Chloe is. I had heard re-homed in Vermont? If that is the case I don't see why the dog could not be located and I assume there is a way to more accurately determine if the dog bite theory is possible? Or did they put Chloe down and given that would not play well with public perception the Vermont story fabricated? Did anyone make an attempt on locating Chloe?
RBBM
No because I was afraid she’d bite me.

Last edited:
.....the CW is in an even weaker position now and the defense stronger. The defense now knows the prosecution's entire game plan and they'll be better prepared, even if Jackson doesn't return. And there are a number of witnesses the defense didn't call that they may this time, including the tow truck driver to further confirm the "one small piece of taillight", Erin Beatty to refute Colin's timeline and address the things Jen McCabe said to her, and a former co-worker of Brian Albert's to talk about his character and past related behavior. I think they wanted to appear respectful of the jury's time, but the gloves will be off now.

Lally must be beside himself thinking about putting Troopers Proctor and Paul back on the stand. He'll never be able to find a reconstructionist better than Paul, because the state's entire theory is a heaping pile of German Shepherd crap and no qualified expert will go along with it. So it's Joe Paul, or an even dimmer facsimile thereof.

It also keeps the story in the news, and this isn't good for DA Morrissey's future which is already on very shaky ground.

Finally, the elephant remains in the room. The FBI didn't hire those PHDs and obtain those phone records and geofence data just for fun. The Commonwealth will constantly be looking over it's shoulder, wondering when that inevitable shoe will finally drop...
TBM: and agree to all remaining, though....

I believe the FBI and the DOJ withheld a large proportion of the dirt they had to sling, and pointed the KR defense straight at the established experts from ARCCA because they believed that would be enough to make the KR jury vote NG. I believe the FBI has a bunch more cards in their hand and it now becomes a point of timing. That is: Do the FBI go after Morrissey and the MSP together; or let Proctor disciplinary play out and then decide; or let the CW declare their intentions as it applies to retrial and then present their report; or just what suits them best...I'm not sure. But you can bet, considering it is the FBI, that politics will out. MOO
And considering its Massachusetts: the politics incorporate lots of transgressions, false impressions, obfuscation, nepotism and cronyism. Look over there....The big questions: How broad and deep does the DOJ investigation go, who all is in jeopardy and to what consequence?
At this point I think there are a number of elected position holders shaking in their proverbial boots. Snow or no snow.

MOO throughout.

I think along these same lines. But wondering if perhaps the reason why they want to protect Colin so badly is that maybe they were told or believed or maybe true that JOK may have "started" the altercation?
It might be that but, just as likely the clan closed in. “He’s so young. It will ruin the rest of his life. Blah, blah blah.” And the cloak falls over him….

It might be that but, just as likely the clan closed in. “He’s so young. It will ruin the rest of his life. Blah, blah blah.” And the cloak falls over him….
Interesting that he sat behind the OK family for the closing statements as if...
But even more interesting was that defense closing concentrated upon BH.. the snow plough man..
I wonder..

TBM: and agree to all remaining, though....

I believe the FBI and the DOJ withheld a large proportion of the dirt they had to sling, and pointed the KR defense straight at the established experts from ARCCA because they believed that would be enough to make the KR jury vote NG. I believe the FBI has a bunch more cards in their hand and it now becomes a point of timing. That is: Do the FBI go after Morrissey and the MSP together; or let Proctor disciplinary play out and then decide; or let the CW declare their intentions as it applies to retrial and then present their report; or just what suits them best...I'm not sure. But you can bet, considering it is the FBI, that politics will out. MOO

MOO throughout.

Snipping.

I agree. I'm almost 100% sure there is much more. I'm just not sure what the FBI is working on. And they do work slowly and methodically.

I'm also not sure Morrissey was a specific target. It's possible - if not likely - that it was only after he learned of the FBI investigation that he became invested/directly involved with this case. At the end of the day, this (according to the CW) was a drunk driving hit and run pedestrian case with fatal results and nothing more. The victim was an off-duty Boston cop, but accidents happen. I doubt he knew anything about the Alberts, the McCabes, Higgins, Proctor and the other involved state police clowns before he stupidly stuck his neck out to vouch for them. He clearly didn't like the idea of the Feds getting involved with a state prosecution and came off as desperate to find out what was going on. And the FBI refused to give him anything.

For anyone not local, there have been multiple FBI prosecutions of state police in recent years, including a large overtime fraud scandal and bribery schemes, so the Massachusetts State Police as a whole is likely always on the Feds radar. It just feels like Proctor et al are just part of some much larger investigation. But my feelings ain't facts so I guess we just wait and see.

I think along these same lines. But wondering if perhaps the reason why they want to protect Colin so badly is that maybe they were told or believed or maybe true that JOK may have "started" the altercation?

Someone hit John in the back of the head with a heavy blunt object, hard enough to cause massive skull fractures and an instant loss of consciousness. From medical testimony, it doesn't sound like he could have survived this even with immediate medical attention. But John also had defensive bruising to both fists, which indicates a fist fight probably happened first. Whether John started something with BH/BA first or not, given the short time frame the person who caused the head injury was likely not the same person throwing punches. Maybe someone a little over-eager to help out? (Chloe too, of course).

I'm not saying this had to be Colin. But it's crazy how everyone went so far to keep him out of this. I didn't really get this until a few weekends ago when blogger TB went to Canton to check the (false) story that there is a large hill on the short distance from the Waterfall to Fairview which (couldn't have) caused John's health app to register steps. The terrain is actually completely flat.

He (stupidly, IMO) went to a restaurant next to Chris Albert's pizza place and was seen walking in by none other than Colin Albert. TB, facing witness intimidation charges, didn't engage with Colin, but Colin saw fit to call in the calvary. His father, his father's employee, his older brother, his aunt, and an assortment of friends (including trial witnesses Julie and Ryan Nagel) all rushed to the scene to help out Colin, when no help appeared to have been needed. His middle aged aunt and father's employee both physically assaulted TB and were charged with Assault and Battery.

This is not normal adult behavior. But it does provide some insight into the minds of these people.

Someone hit John in the back of the head with a heavy blunt object, hard enough to cause massive skull fractures and an instant loss of consciousness. From medical testimony, it doesn't sound like he could have survived this even with immediate medical attention. But John also had defensive bruising to both fists, which indicates a fist fight probably happened first. Whether John started something with BH/BA first or not, given the short time frame the person who caused the head injury was likely not the same person throwing punches. Maybe someone a little over-eager to help out? (Chloe too, of course).

I'm not saying this had to be Colin. But it's crazy how everyone went so far to keep him out of this. I didn't really get this until a few weekends ago when blogger TB went to Canton to check the (false) story that there is a large hill on the short distance from the Waterfall to Fairview which (couldn't have) caused John's health app to register steps. The terrain is actually completely flat.

He (stupidly, IMO) went to a restaurant next to Chris Albert's pizza place and was seen walking in by none other than Colin Albert. TB, facing witness intimidation charges, didn't engage with Colin, but Colin saw fit to call in the calvary. His father, his father's employee, his older brother, his aunt, and an assortment of friends (including trial witnesses Julie and Ryan Nagel) all rushed to the scene to help out Colin, when no help appeared to have been needed. His middle aged aunt and father's employee both physically assaulted TB and were charged with Assault and Battery.

This is not normal adult behavior. But it does provide some insight into the minds of these people.
and had the arrogance and sense of entitlement to sit behind the OK family a couple of days later..
They literally scare me.
I believe they will stop at nothing.

I would like to be a fly on the wall if the FBI ever interviews Colin about his amnesiac spells.

I'm sure he's a very smart professor, but he's missing the biggest "hole" of all.

The Commonwealth has no viable accident theory. Trooper Paul ignored basic physics and spoke complete gibberish on the stand.
Strange he could miss something as obvious as that.
I wonder why..

I'm sure he's a very smart professor, but he's missing the biggest "hole" of all.

The Commonwealth has no viable accident theory. Trooper Paul ignored basic physics and spoke complete gibberish on the stand.

Trooper Paul should not be allowed to testify as an expert. Period. He can express an opinion like anybody else, but it can't be called an expert opinion.

it gives an insight as to the general vibe in Canton these days....there seems to be the Albert et al group and then the rest of the community.

Trooper Paul should not be allowed to testify as an expert. Period. He can express an opinion like anybody else, but it can't be called an expert opinion.

The state is perfectly capable of and can afford hiring outside experts in normal situations. They hired other outside experts in this case. But there is no doubt in my mind they were forced to use Paul because all of the qualified outside reconstructionists they consulted told them the same thing the FBI experts said. John was not hit by a car. So they had to use the in-house "talent".

If they replace Paul, it will be with another trooper who will try to say what the CW wants them to say. Maybe someone with the ability to remember what's actually in their report? But the story still won't add up any better.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DariaFedorova
Back