MISTRIAL MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Edit - I just want to add that the stuff about using "encrypted messaging" makes her actions seem nefarious. But it's important to note that except for SMS, pretty much every single messaging app uses end-to-end encryption. That includes iMessage, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Signal, Telegram, etc.
rsbm

Thank you for pointing this out. :cool: :p:rolleyes:

The trial is all about a lot of dysfunction on so many levels whether it’s LE, the judge, the witnesses, JOK family etc
Just so many people looking for a scapegoat for John’s death.
Karen makes their perfect target. A successful educated woman. She has her own ideas and her own house AND her own money. And thrives despite her health issues.
I can hear it now
“Who does she think she is ? Does she think she’s better than us ?
I bet you can still hear the word spinster used in that area.
Old and dried up like Proctor said. She was a woman trying to get her clutches into JOK. And he rejected her so she killed him. I bet you can hear “ you know if he had not been with Karen that night he would not be dead “.
It’s obvious to me that a lot of these people don’t want evidence they want a lynching of Karen Read.
JMO
I have to agree and these very thoughts have been in my mind on and off for weeks. Thank you for articulating your thoughts which are so similar to my own.

When I read a few hours ago the Commonwealth's announcement that they intended to retry this case, my thought was they were publicly placing themselves as leaders in the renewed effort to continue the scapegoating of Karen Read. This can be true alongside all the other political and 'saving of face' rationales that explain such a hasty announcment.IMO. And there would be no need to make such an announcement to save face if the cw believed in justice through fair judicial process and evidence for JO. And fair trial for the then presumed innocent defendant KR. If they did, the announcement would be 'Mistrial indicates trial may have been brought in error. CW is reviewing' or similar. The corruption is deep. Jmo

Basic common sense
JOK did not die from injuries sustained from a vehicle.
This could only be true if he had been walking on his head at the time of the impact
JOK was on his way to a party with people he did not know well, the head of the household was a person JOK allegedly looked up to.

He would not have rolled up walking on his hands or head because that would have looked stupid.

The most important piece of evidence in any trial is the victim's body.

The victim's body is the most important storyteller.

In this case the victim's body tells a story of an occipital head injury that caused death. No bruising, no fractures.

Go figure.

So, they've relieved Proctor of duty. But what about his superiors and fellow officers to whom he sent all those awful texts? Not one of them rebuked him or reported his misdeeds.

I'm very curious about this office group chat. Did they only discuss Karen Read or did Proctor also make comments about other women accused of crimes? What about female victims or witnesses? And was it one-way, with Proctor spewing this stuff to the other cops, or did others also write similar texts?

I'm guessing the MSP going to try and sweep all that under the rug. Only look at the texts that relate to the Karen Read case and claim that the other troopers did nothing wrong.

No double jeopardy for a mistrial.

Correct.

But it was asked if they decide not to retry, then does double jeopardy apply. And I think if they come out and say they're dropping the charges, the judge can decide with/without prejudice. WITH prejudice would mean they CANNOT refile charges. Without prejudice would mean they can refile. I don't know CW law, but this is my basic, general understanding. Legal experts feel free to chime in!

So, they've relieved Proctor of duty. But what about his superiors and fellow officers to whom he sent all those awful texts? Not one of them rebuked him or reported his misdeeds.

I'm very curious about this office group chat. Did they only discuss Karen Read or did Proctor also make comments about other women accused of crimes? What about female victims or witnesses? And was it one-way, with Proctor spewing this stuff to the other cops, or did others also write similar texts?

I'm guessing the MSP going to try and sweep all that under the rug. Only look at the texts that relate to the Karen Read case and claim that the other troopers did nothing wrong.

My guess, is that's not a broom being used. It's an automated "Roomba", sent straight from the top. ' Nothing to see here, folks'..... " Look over there".

POOF !!! Everything is fine now.

smh

I keep checking back here to see if a juror has spoken about the split numbers. Do you think any will talk?

Although I believe their names have been sealed, I would imagine reporters are trying for an interview…some can be pretty resourceful.

I was recently on a county jury in Wisconsin (obviously different from this case) for a minor charge, comparatively.
I was a little taken aback when they referred to us jurors by name? I was like woah hey don’t out me like that! :D
So I’m really surprised that it’s even possible to release juror names in any cases. I would be so anxious if my name was released on such a fertilizer show.

I keep checking back here to see if a juror has spoken about the split numbers. Do you think any will talk?

Although I believe their names have been sealed, I would imagine reporters are trying for an interview…some can be pretty resourceful.
I don't know. I'm currently scraping the bowels of the internet for a crumb.. Nothing detected so far that is remotely credible.

All I saw, which is credible because pics were posted is that somebody hung a dead turtle with a hole in it's head outside the blogger boy's parents' home this morning.
That's kinda shocking to me. Local police investigating.

An internal affairs investigation has been opened::

"This follows our previous decision to open an internal affairs investigation after information about serious misconduct emerged in testimony at the trial. This investigation is ongoing."

What makes me mad is that the “serious misconduct” has been known for months. It didn’t just “emerge” during testimony.

They only *took action* because the info emerged in testimony.

Wow. I’m shocked the hammer dropped on proctor so quickly. This time next year he’ll probably be on a Florida beach collecting a pension.
The interesting thing will be what happens in a re-trial. If Proctor is facing any charges he could refuse to answer any questions and make it difficult for both the prosecution and the defense.

What makes me mad is that the “serious misconduct” has been known for months. It didn’t just “emerge” during testimony.

They only *took action* because the info emerged in testimony.

The "serious misconduct" testified and admitted to OUT LOUD in court was a serious infringement on KR's human rights, civil rights, and her Constitutional Right to a fair trial. Shame on everyone involved in this fiasco. IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OmarJ
Back