MISTRIAL MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bolded by me. This part for sure! I agree on most of this. I am definitely not a KR fan. She has a lot of insecurity and anger issues per her voicemails to JO and her lashing out at some woman in Aruba. I also don't like her for flirting with BH through text, and whatever else she may have done with him in person while being with JO. JMO

However just looking at her case. There was absolutely no proof of anything the CW was trying to sell the jury. Many of the witnesses involved appeared to be lying and covering for each other. Priceless was AM saying that CA wasn't at the house when the victim was. Well how would one know if the victim supposedly didn't enter the house? My mouth also fell agape when I heard a detective (who was not a homicide detective) say how he collected blood evidence in a red solo cup taken from a neighbor's house..Wha..?? The judges antics, and the D.A. possibly lying as well. IMO this whole trial was a dog and pony show.

I hope JO's family also gets justice, the correct justice. I hope KR reevaluates life and makes better decisions and is able to move on with her life. MOO
There is nothing wrong with her being insecure. I think she probably has good reason to be, based on the comments made about JO'K saying she was a baby sitter with benefits or however it was put. I know everyone sympathizes with him because he died, and rightfully so, but it doesn't seem like he was a good boyfriend. He did a great thing by taking over as father to his sister's kids but that doesn't make him a good partner.
MOO

Or he'll just do the BH treatment for his phones jmo
or switch to burners..

And it's all fun and games until you realise he hoped she would kill herself, hot on the case where that girl was supposed to have committed suicide but she hadn't really..

I think we're only seeing the surface of it. because that behaviour misogyny had long been normalised in their heads. And clearly in their actions too.

I do think the danger is real for KR and her loved ones now because tempers are very very high.

There is nothing wrong with her being insecure. I think she probably has good reason to be, based on the comments made about JO'K saying she was a baby sitter with benefits or however it was put. I know everyone sympathizes with him because he died, and rightfully so, but it doesn't seem like he was a good boyfriend. He did a great thing by taking over as father to his sister's kids but that doesn't make him a good partner.
MOO
My opinion of their relationship and her behavior was a descriptor that is possible to not like someone and remove that from what the trial was trying to prove. So let's not try to change my mind on what I think of her and their relationship. I am not a fan of her and she should have been found not guilty do to lack of proof of the charges. JMO.

My opinion of their relationship and her behavior was a descriptor that is possible to not like someone and remove that from what the trial was trying to prove. So let's not try to change my mind on what I think of her and their relationship. I am not a fan of her and she should have been found not guilty do to lack of proof of the charges. JMO.
Well, I'm not a fan of her either but I see a terrible wrong being inflicted on another woman and the lengths that they went to in an effort to make it stick is the problem.

I've personally been where she was and \I'm 100% certain from my own experience that absolutely zero amount of alcohol is required to bring one to her level of desperation. I feel compassion for her because I have healed that in myself.

As an ex nurse I am astonished she can keep going while suffering from her known ailments and I worry at the effect that all this is having on her and I fear she will collapse soon. That just means I care about her.

I'd like to see her emerge from this fully healed but I think it could be a real uphill battle for her.

The abuse of Karen was perpetuated by holding off on this announcement until after a verdict. You can bet they held off so not to taint Proctors testimony or to negatively impact their hoped for guilty verdict.
IF there is another trial, the D will be all over this.
I recall AJ asking Procter if he was still active and employed in his position working cases etc. And he said Yes.
So the impression was given to the jury - nothing to see here folks - all is on the up and up.
Snakes

JMO.
Certainly big enough to gain some serious legal attention, sounds like..

Does anyone know if Judge Cannone will be the same judge for the retrial? I ask because I feel like a different judge might look at the evidence collection/chain of custody of such evidence as contaminated. I assume a judge can throw out evidence based on contamination through collection processes. I mean there is a reason why evidence collection is done with air tight plastic containers, and a crime scene is preserved to the beat of one's ability, yes? Not to mention using a blowers to blow evidence all over the place. Wouldn't one maybe clear off the snow with a better tool? MOO

I think it's the same judge. That is what I've heard. So, unless she retires, she will be the judge. I THINK in the retrial of Katie Magbanua (Dan Markel case) there was a different judge because the original one retired, but I could be remembering wrong because there have been 3 trials (so far) for that one murder.

IMO MOO

MOO

Not to mention the comments about her medical condition and body. Can you imagine having Chrohn's disease and, as a presumably sexually active woman, the insecurities you'd have? And now her fears are confirmed by having horrid text message read about what may be her very insecurities?? It's awful!!! Words sting and the impact of them does not go away.

IMO MOO

We can forget justice for John O'keefe.

Massachusetts state police throwing their lead investigator under the bus as their first immediate reaction/action to a hung jury.

Is not confidence in moving forward.
Its bowing to peer pressure.

Exposes they are a weak organisation made of jelly sitting on a iceberg in the desert.

:oops:

moo

Not to mention the comments about her medical condition and body. Can you imagine having Chrohn's disease and, as a presumably sexually active woman, the insecurities you'd have? And now her fears are confirmed by having horrid text message read about what may be her very insecurities?? It's awful!!! Words sting and the impact of them does not go away.

IMO MOO
Now I feel like I must clarify my definition of insecurities. Talking about the relationship between JO and KR no Proctor texts. Insecurities in relationships no matter if intimate or friendships leads to paranoia.about those relationships which in turn leads to anger and fighting. MOO now I am stepping out of the insecurity discussion :)

Now I feel like I must clarify my definition of insecurities. Talking about the relationship between JO and KR no Proctor texts. Insecurities in relationships no matter if intimate or friendships leads to paranoia.about those relationships which in turn leads to anger and fighting. MOO now I am stepping out of the insecurity discussion :)

Thank you for clarifying. I extrapolated.....but I don't think I'm wrong. :) We both have valid points. I do agree with you that insecurities lead to paranoia and fighting. Or can, anyway. Some people are wired that way and some arent (they'll just walk away).

We can forget justice for John O'keefe.

Massachusetts state police throwing their lead investigator under the bus as their first immediate reaction/action to a hung jury.

Is not confidence in moving forward.
Its bowing to peer pressure.

Exposes they are a weak organisation made of jelly sitting on a iceberg in the desert.

:oops:

moo
Wow, so you think he doesn't deserve disciplinary action?

Someone mentioned this earlier, here is the news article about it:

Police investigating after dead turtle left outside home of Turtleboy blogger’s parents​

The same day Karen Read’s trial ended in a hung jury, someone left a grisly surprise for Turtleboy blogger Aidan Kearney’s parents.​

Wow, so you think he doesn't deserve disciplinary action?
Venting to a friend in text message about a fellow officers murder and what he perceives as his murderer is not that big a deal.
Was it Krass and unsavory of course.
But that is all I see him guilty of.

You gotta buy what the defence was selling to see any more than that.

Not here to convince, be convinced or challenged incessantly it's just my opinion.
Which I am entitled to have and express.
WS tos.

moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ladycat17