MISTRIAL MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A LOT and had continued to do so. Danielle, the crazy sister of Jen, crazy like a fox, hangs out with Procotors as well, I mean who would have them? People in town generally work, honestly, take care of their kids and keep on keeping on. No time for that icky lifestyle or people.
A question that is bothering my train of thoughts..
What specifically is it in them that can potentially intimidate a juror or several who live in other parts of Mass?

Julie Nagel! Of course she never said a word about the blob on the lawn to the other people in the car at the time, and never mentioned it to a soul until many months later. But then again, she admits she was "wicked drunk".

So you believe Colin's very involved story of injuring the knuckles on his right hand in a slip and fall incident?

I don't . I think these two people are flat out lying. Why did so many prosecution witnesses involved in the drunken party that night lie on the stand? What are they hiding?
Julie Nagel worth watching again....she slipped and said she went out twice...then did not see the jeep, but saw the SUV move three times....confused about when she saw SUV...well confused me! And does not match at all her brother and friends testimony. Then both her and the other girl claimed they both could see the front door, yet her friend said Julie had her back to the windows...so...I say suspect here.

Start at 2:56....

Witness in Karen Read murder trial testifies to seeing something in snow​

Also let’s not forget the Karen Read hit JoK with her car people cannot explain out Lucky’s testimony, and at least to me he seemed,
Among all those drunk losers, a stand up witness
You mean the guy that didn’t report the car on the road when he called in for hitting a basket ball hoop ?
Now now we hold everyone else responsible for not writing something down or reporting right away, can’t let him off the hook.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed> ... It's his JOB, but as we all found, he was 'helping' them all out with this unfortunate finding of dieing JO on another cop neighbor's front yard. His JOB as an assumed professional officer of the law. WELL, where is he now? Right.

You mean the guy that didn’t report the car on the road when he called in for hitting a basket ball hoop ?
Now now we hold everyone else responsible for not writing something down or reporting right away, can’t let him off the hook.
Honestly, yeah, I think the fact he self reported himself for hitting a basketball hoop provides more credibility to his testimony, that’s embarrassing, if I’m being honest I probably wouldn’t do that, why would you do that unless you’re just being a stand up person

Honestly, yeah, I think the fact he self reported himself for hitting a basketball hoop provides more credibility to his testimony, that’s embarrassing, if I’m being honest I probably wouldn’t do that, why would you do that unless you’re just being a stand up person
One has to know the backstory and reasoning behind his innocent one time favor. Said never saw an Albert car there like that before. No parking on streets after midnight in winter. He explained it. Figured it must be a good reason, unfortunately it was not. He is not like them is why.

I suspect the OK's need some time to assess all the information they've gleaned through the trial? I don't think anyone expected Karen's defense to be so good. I have the sense that the CW thought this was going to be a walk in the park, but how wrong they were. And now JOKs family may not know what to believe, with the exception of POK, who will likely hold onto his resentment for a long time unfortunately, because his anger is likely the only thing that gives hm a sense of power right now. It's easier for him to be angry at Karen than at LE.
ETA: There's also stages that people move through in their own timing with the grieving process. According to psychology experts, these are – denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance.
MOO.
I agree! I also feel like they had placed a lot of faith in the CW and the State troopers because they claimed to be advocates of justice for JOK. Many of the people on the stand were either those he worked with, honored the same uniform as him or were familiar or close to them because of the kids and JOK’s previously deceased sister and BIL. I think they understandably have/had a lot of loyalty and faith in LE and that can be hard to contend with or face when you realize the people who were supposed to be the dedicated and diligent brothers and sisters representing your deceased loved one are too busy either looking for nude photos, mistaking a Heineken for their badge and gun or admiring how the suns rays hit the top of a leaf blower as ruin all the evidence needed by the forensic experts to BA’s personal landscapers.

I think the O’Keefe family need and deserve time and space just to think, heal, recuperate and get all the support they need before the CW even attempts to retry the case.

Canton LE on the other hand is in desperate need of more AA meetings, Webster dictionaries and books that clearly define integrity, professionalism and competency, actual lessons that don’t mimic Scooby Doo episodes on how to collect forensic material and perhaps a map with pictures on how to tell difference between a lawn, sidewalk, the curve and the actual road. It appears from their last media video that MP and his wife struggle with the difference between grass on their lawn and the gravel which may explain a lot about the poor quality of this investigation.

Maybe next year they will master using can cameras in the same way they mastered the butt dial. As for gravity, well according to Trooper Paul that doesn’t exist and as for Chloe, I hope she loves Vermont and that her new owners show her as much loyalty as that strand of hair that stuck to KR’s car through thick and thin, including an actual snowstorm. If that ‘little hair that could’ can make it so can Chloe who isn’t an ‘it’.

Because he is, honest testimony despite the rest of them not being. Kind of guy we want around.

He was truthful enough to explain why he did it.
I would never impugn upon his character integrity or reputation.
A decent and humble human being who accepted his status in relation to those with entitlement to break all the rules.

Maybe he was afraid of them..

I still haven't figured out why Lucky was out plowing in the middle of the night when it wasn't snowing much. And why did he hit the hoop if conditions where not bad? JMO.

One has to know the backstory and reasoning behind his innocent one time favor. Said never saw an Albert car there like that before. No parking on streets after midnight in winter. He explained it. Figured it must be a good reason, unfortunately it was not. He is not like them is why.
It takes a standup person to recognize one.
He explained he was being courteous to the Alberts by not reporting the Ford Edge parked on the street after midnight, during a blizzard, directly in front of where John's body was found. The same Ford Edge that was not parked there before 12:30 a.m. when Nagel was parked there and when Karen was parked there. I wonder who put the Ford Edge there and why they didn't see a body.
MOO..

IIRC wasn’t there testimony or evidence that the snow plow driver didn’t report the unattended car since it was sitting in front of the Albert’s house? And he did not necessarily want to impugn or jeopardize them? MOO

I still haven't figured out why Lucky was out plowing in the middle of the night when it wasn't snowing much. And why did he hit the hoop if conditions where not bad? JMO.
not sure what the practice is in MA, but sometimes the plow trucks pre-salt to make the removal easier.

It's New England, the plow start to keep the lightly falling snow from freezing on the streets before the snow gets heavier. The DEPTARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS sends them out. They do not do it on their own. They work for the town. Those hoops have wide stands, black. Plenty are placed on the edge of the road in front of the homeowners house, or in the driveways if there is enough room. That is the kind of neighborhood where you can see if a car is coming, a family and quiet type neighborhood it is.

not sure what the practice is in MA, but sometimes the plow trucks pre-salt to make the removal easier.
That makes sense.

Does that activity make it harder to control the plow and cause collisions with objects on the side of the road?

It's not at all believable a dog walker wouldn't be in the owners' house, ever. I'm watching a "new" dog for 3 days next week and have already spend 20 minutes inside the guys house and I haven't even walked the dog yet.

IMO MOO
I've been a dog walker for over 20 years. I may not have gone into every room of every house but I've been in most rooms of every house. She was lying.

It's New England, the plow start to keep the lightly falling snow from freezing on the streets before the snow gets heavier. The DEPTARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS sends them out. They do not do it on their own. They work for the town. Those hoops have wide stands, black. Plenty are placed on the edge of the road in front of the homeowners house, or in the driveways if there is enough room. That is the kind of neighborhood where you can see if a car is coming, a family and quiet type neighborhood it is.

Prep work for sure. The DPW employees were told to be at work by 2:30 am. This was before the storm itself started and they went out to salt/sand.

As far as not calling the cops on Brian Albert, I have a feeling there aren't too many people in Canton who would call the Canton PD on Brian Albert. Lucky's a townie. His actions make complete sense.

That makes sense.

Does that activity make it harder to control the plow and cause collisions with objects on the side of the road?
I did not watch a lot of the testimony in this trial- so not sure what the details of the basketball hoop were- some of them fold and it probably was not lighted (though I have seen some with an attached LED!) so I would think it might be hard to see, IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ttaylor21318
Back