MISTRIAL MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Humans that have developed normally have many hard-wired neurological postural reflexes that dictate how our body responds to a loss of balance or perturbation that leads to a fall. Reflexes are involuntary. One of them is the "upper limb falling reflex" which is defined as a rapid dynamic response leading to the fingers impacting the ground first on falling. Humans don't land on a flexed fisted hands when they fall regardless of what direction they fall. They land reflexively on extended fingers and thumbs, extended wrists, and extended arms to catch themselves. Not knuckles. No chance CA fell on ice and landed on his knuckles.
Anyone who has slipped and fell knows exactly what you just described as being true. That's why we get broken wrists when we fall, not broken knuckles!
MOO.

I've been a dog walker for over 20 years. I may not have gone into every room of every house but I've been in most rooms of every house. She was lying.
She was and she was forced to admit it upon cross, just slipped her mind, like.
Thing is that these 'witnesses' were all schooled and it shows..
They all served the same shovel of BS, amnesia, failure to comprehend simple questions, default lying for no good reason at all.
It made no difference that she had been in the house, it was nothing of consequence but she chose to lie nonetheless..

Our plows never start before the snow. We have some trucks that will spray salt stuff on the roads, but our plows never start until they have to. I am pretty sure the city dips into the snow removal fund for other stuff. God knows what they do with it. Huge snowstorms residential areas get one pass down the middle of the road and usually after you've already dug out your driveway
Horrible the mound at the end of the driveways, yes. THese towns keep up very well with it, thankfully. It does cost a lot and taxes pay for it so the griping comes out when one town does a better job than the next of keeping up with it all. Depends on which town has the most money for it probably, that 'budget'.

Humans that have developed normally have many hard-wired neurological postural reflexes that dictate how our body responds to a loss of balance or perturbation that leads to a fall. Reflexes are involuntary. One of them is the "upper limb falling reflex" which is defined as a rapid dynamic response leading to the fingers impacting the ground first on falling. Humans don't land on a flexed fisted hands when they fall regardless of what direction they fall. They land reflexively on extended fingers and thumbs, extended wrists, and extended arms to catch themselves. Not knuckles. No chance CA fell on ice and landed on his knuckles.
Truth.

She was and she was forced to admit it upon cross, just slipped her mind, like.
Thing is that these 'witnesses' were all schooled and it shows..
They all served the same shovel of BS, amnesia, failure to comprehend simple questions, default lying for no good reason at all.
It made no difference that she had been in the house, it was nothing of consequence but she chose to lie nonetheless..
She looked like a fool, 'remembering', oh ya..

according to the filing they also voted 8 to 4 to convict her on the manslaughter while driving drunk charge.

let's all be clear about what that means. while the jury (purportedly) did not find the prosecution proved 2nd degree murder and sort of by extension also didn't prove she knowingly left the scene of a fatal crash... at least 8 of them clearly don't believe the conspiracy chatter that is so popularly discussed here and elsewhere.

8 members of the jury believe the prosecution proved KR hit and killed JO with her SUV while driving drunk.

(of course this is all subject to the filing details being true)

Let's be even more clear about what it actually means. Karen Read was acquitted of 2 out of 3 felony charges, but because the judge failed to do her job properly, the NOT GUILTY verdicts were not recorded.

That may not be a conspiracy, but it is still a reprehensible violation of the defendant's rights.

I'm must be missing something.

Why is it necessary for a dog walker to go inside the dog owners home to do their job of walking their dog?

No one says it is. She said she was never in the McCabe house. And then like 20 seconds later she said she had been in the McCabe house.

She's a liar.

Anyone who has slipped and fell knows exactly what you just described as being true. That's why we get broken wrists when we fall, not broken knuckles!
MOO.
Either way the photo was a month after John was found. What part of John’s body do you think caused them bloody knuckles? Think that’s what hit the back of John’s head? There were no bruises on John that would match those knuckles. One thing I found very interesting in the ME’s testimony was everything was on the right side, besides a little scratch on the left of his nose. Even the knee mark was on the right, the back of the head cut was closer to the right, then the left. Just thought that was interesting. MOO

Let's be even more clear about what it actually means. Karen Read was acquitted of 2 out of 3 felony charges, but because the judge failed to do her job properly, the NOT GUILTY verdicts were not recorded.

That may not be a conspiracy, but it is still a reprehensible violation of the defendant's rights.
MOO so far it’s just filings and hearsay cause we haven’t heard from any jurors.

I'm must be missing something.

Why is it necessary for a dog walker to go inside the dog owners home to do their job of walking their dog?
dog walker usually goes and meets the family/the dog/ finds out about the house initially. dog learns to accept the dog walker in its territory and not freak out. dog walker often walks the dog when the family is not home so dog walker knows about entry- (key? hidden key? code? etc.) also knows if the dog needs to be secured - crate? room with a baby gate? something else.

isn't the filing being reviewed? isn't it possible those charges will be dropped? do you know anything about how these situations are typically adjudicated? are there different rules in MA?

<modsnip: Personalizing is not allowed.>

and... that still doesn't change the fact that 8 of the jury believe KR killed JO with her SUV and at least 8 of them do not believe the conspiracy talk.

Last edited by a moderator:
dog walker usually goes and meets the family/the dog/ finds out about the house initially. dog learns to accept the dog walker in its territory and not freak out. dog walker often walks the dog when the family is not home so dog walker knows about entry- (key? hidden key? code? etc.) also knows if the dog needs to be secured - crate? room with a baby gate? something else.
Thanks again for helping me to understand. It's much appreciated.

isn't the filing being reviewed? isn't it possible those charges will be dropped? do you know anything about how these situations are typically adjudicated? are there different rules in MA?

<modsnip: Personalizing is not allowed.>

and... that still doesn't change the fact that 8 of the jury believe KR killed JO with her SUV and at least 8 of them do not believe the conspiracy talk.

Conspiracy or no conspiracy, it is certainly worthy of much outrage to have a situation where a person is found not guilty of 2 charges, but she might end up being retried on them anyway just because the judge was biased and incompetent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Either way the photo was a month after John was found. What part of John’s body do you think caused them bloody knuckles? Think that’s what hit the back of John’s head? There were no bruises on John that would match those knuckles. One thing I found very interesting in the ME’s testimony was everything was on the right side, besides a little scratch on the left of his nose. Even the knee mark was on the right, the back of the head cut was closer to the right, then the left. Just thought that was interesting. MOO
What photo????
I was responding to the OP about how people protect themselves from falling.
My post reads, "Anyone who has slipped and fell knows exactly what you just described as being true. That's why we get broken wrists when we fall, not broken knuckles!
MOO."

Nothing you have written relates to what I've posted.

Horrible the mound at the end of the driveways, yes. THese towns keep up very well with it, thankfully. It does cost a lot and taxes pay for it so the griping comes out when one town does a better job than the next of keeping up with it all. Depends on which town has the most money for it probably, that 'budget'.
Most definitely, my town would rather spend money elsewhere, even when we can have 7 months of winter and several major storms. Other cities around us do much better. My town I think prefers to buy sculptures for the sculpture gardens we have for 'tourism.' We are a gateway to the Rocky Mountain National Park we already get tons of tourism. Anyway I have digressed. :)

I believe that Lucky is a good witness being how he was through the neighborhood a couple times, and the only thing he noticed was a vehicle where there wasn't one earlier.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theresa06
Back