MISTRIAL MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well this won’t make any sense to those that buy into the conspiracy theory. For those of us that don’t, it goes like this. Julie and Chris were friends of John’s and obviously they are related to BA. MOO weren’t JA and CA also neighbors of John’s at one time. Julie is also friends with Proctors wife or was it sister?, to many players. Once Julie hears that MP is investigating the case she says she’s proud of him and wants to buy him a gift. That’s the thing, why would anyone buy him a gift….it was a gesture. Just like when she takes everyone doubts on their birthday, it who she is…..it’s kindness thing.
Also wasn’t MP the man on call or duty that morning ? Don’t recall him changing the schedule so he could run right in and grab this case…..MOO
What a decent bunch of humans these folk are.
John belonged to a wonderful network who has been savaged by this tragedy.:confused:

moo

So do you see this turning into a more of an appeal on the legal aspects of how the Judge handled the jury?

I can't see the trial Judge granting the motion to dismiss ....

MOO
The only thing I see clearly is that the MA criminal court seems to operate in a vacuum!

I don't understand the Court's fight over jury instructions, verdict form, or why it wasn't clear to the jurors they could deliver verdicts on charges as they reached them-- eliminating the need for the defense Motion.

I don't think this Court will acknowledge affidavits from the jurors (affirming the defendant was acquitted on two charges), claiming no do-overs-- because it would confirm the Court's error. But I also wouldn't be surprised if the DA refiled the same charges for round two.

And yes, I only see the defense Motion being heard by a higher Court. Guess they will cross that bridge if/when the defendant is recharged. JMO.

The only thing I see clearly is that the MA criminal court seems to operate in a vacuum!

I don't understand the Court's fight over jury instructions, verdict form, or why it wasn't clear to the jurors they could deliver verdicts on charges as they reached them-- eliminating the need for the defense Motion.

I don't think this Court will acknowledge affidavits from the jurors (affirming the defendant was acquitted on two charges), claiming no do-overs-- because it would confirm the Court's error. But I also wouldn't be surprised if the DA refiled the same charges for round two.

And yes, I only see the defense Motion being heard by a higher Court. Guess they will cross that bridge if/when the defendant is recharged. JMO.
that is my reading too of this utterly bizarre state of affairs.

To pick the dog up and take it out of the house to walk it? And occasionally, sometimes the dog walker needs to use the washroom.
My dog has a regular dogwalker who picks him up twice per week. The only time the dog walker has ever been inside my house was on the initial meet and greet, and that was only sitting at my kitchen table. When she arrives, my dog is ready and waiting to go at the front door. When she drops him back she doesn't come inside my house.

Hoping some jurors come out and tell us the factual numbers for the mistrial.
Not fair or reasonable that Jackson is still running the PR for this case.
Jackson tried his damnest, brought as many smoke and mirrors as he could muster to the table.
The case wasn't anywhere near as botched as the defence exaggerated it to be.
The sheer volume of people unconnected and unrelated insinuated to be part of a conspiracy that had no substance other than opinions like...well maybe this happened...and maybe that could have happened..... no factual evidence to support it.
The pro karen readers may be loud.... but it can not be discounted the amount of loved ones, professional good people of MA and their supporters... mad as hell at the shade thrown their way.
How sad times we live...when a mother enters the court house of HER SON, a good police officer MURDER trial and she is booed.

Its not going to be let go. No matter how many reshufflings might come along. A reshuffle doesn't mean anything negative for a department keen and capable of getting justice for not only one of their own...but to restore faith in their community that they are a force to be reckoned with.
AJ had to get that not guilty.
He didn't.

I have total faith the state will bring what it needs to this little county and get it done.
And if KR is smart she will plead out for Invol manslaughter and a DUI.

MOO
“A reshuffle doesn't mean anything negative for a department keen and capable of getting justice for not only one of their own...but to restore faith in their community that they are a force to be reckoned with.”

“One of their own.”
If only he had been treated that way.
As a resident of Norfolk county I know what goes on here. You can’t pretend it isn’t as if nothing went on with these people. Everybody knows. Talking points don’t fool people.
The piece that the jury did not know was about the fbi. Iirc Bev deemed that too predjuducal. The jury did not know that the fbi hired the experts (unaffiliated with anyone to do with the trial ie no bias) so I don’t think the jurors gave the testimony of those experts enough weight.
I imagine they thought anyone can hire an expert to say anything and did not listen to the science.
The state will make this go away. It’s a national embarrassment. To dig their heels in is a losing proposition.
The state knows that. Strategery lol.
What the CW says they will do and what they end up doing will be two different things.
Imo.

I can't link it because there is a paywall but one legal expert said in the Boston Globe today that they think the filing increases the chances the commonwealth only charges manslaughter next time to avoid a dragged out appeals process. I don't think anyone thinks the judge will dismiss the charges on her own but this is still a very smart and necessary move on the part of the defense.

My dog has a regular dogwalker who picks him up twice per week. The only time the dog walker has ever been inside my house was on the initial meet and greet, and that was only sitting at my kitchen table. When she arrives, my dog is ready and waiting to go at the front door. When she drops him back she doesn't come inside my house.

My brother has dogwalkers through Rover. The person always goes in the house. Otherwise the dog would have to be left outside all day and night until the walker arrives. Certainly can't do that in the heat.

If your dog was crated or in a different room or had full run out of the house, that would change. Same with if your walker had to use the washroom or wash their hands.

My brother has dogwalkers through Rover. The person always goes in the house. Otherwise the dog would have to be left outside all day and night until the walker arrives. Certainly can't do that in the heat.
Or snow. Or rain and thunder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onus
Back