MISTRIAL MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I could be wrong, but I don't think the FBI really cares about Proctor's disgusting comments. I mean, clearly he's a low life who shouldn't be a cop but that stuff is all the problem of the state, not the Feds. I'm happy the FBI went out of their way to make sure everyone knew about them, but I doubt Proctor's personal texts about a defendant are what they were looking for.
I don't think the FBI cares about MPs comments either.
Still, Proctor is caught up in their investigation.
And he's been suspended on very serious allegations.
Who would be at the top of the chain of command of a police force that needs to be investigated? We already have Canton Police stepping back when the MSP took over the KR case (sort of, even though CPS were still involving themselves).
And then comes the federal agency investigating the MSP.
It went from city, to state, to federal investigation. Something bigger than texts for sure.
MOO.

I could be wrong, but I don't think the FBI really cares about Proctor's disgusting comments. I mean, clearly he's a low life who shouldn't be a cop but that stuff is all the problem of the state, not the Feds. I'm happy the FBI went out of their way to make sure everyone knew about them, but I doubt Proctor's personal texts about a defendant are what they were looking for.

I couldn't agree more @HarmonyE.

To be clear, there's no evidence that Proctor was singled out for investigation by the FBI.

However, there is evidence that MSP opened an internal investigation into a potential violation of Department policy by Trooper Proctor who was the lead investigator in this case. We also know that subsequent to their internal investigation, specific to this case, Proctor was relieved of his duties.

Reportedly, the CW and the US Attorney's Office were already in communication on an unrelated matter when concerns surfaced that the integrity of the investigation of JOK's death was compromised by personal relationships between people who lived at the scene of the crime and responding police officers. Accordingly, the US Attorney's Office expanded their investigation to include this case, enlisting the assistance of the FBI.

That said, in text messages during the early days and months of the investigation, Proctor called KR a range of crude and demeaning names, joked about searching her phone for nudes, and suggested the homeowner where JOK's body was found had little to worry about because he was also a police officer.

The texts came to light through the federal investigation into police handling of the Read case.
Again, the US Attorney's Office (i.e., the Feds) isn't taking any action against Proctor.

I'd love to know on what planet would taxpayers support a retrial of someone who has been found not-guilty by all 12 jurors in a previous case? I wouldn't support a retrial of someone who was found not-guilty by 1, 2, 3 or maybe even 4 or 5 jurors. But in particular, when you have a situation where there is concrete evidence via multiple sworn affidavits that a unanimous not-guilty verdict was reached on 2 charges, the ONLY just decision is to dismiss the case WITH PREJUDICE. They can choose to retry the 3rd charge, if they so choose, but even that charge was far from unanimous.

I'd love to know on what planet would taxpayers support a retrial of someone who has been found not-guilty by all 12 jurors in a previous case? I wouldn't support a retrial of someone who was found not-guilty by 1, 2, 3 or maybe even 4 or 5 jurors. But in particular, when you have a situation where there is concrete evidence via multiple sworn affidavits that a unanimous not-guilty verdict was reached on 2 charges, the ONLY just decision is to dismiss the case WITH PREJUDICE. They can choose to retry the 3rd charge, if they so choose, but even that charge was far from unanimous.

Well??? It seems the Commonwealth of MA feels different.
You know...'snooze ya loose'......in the court of law.
They want their monkey for their circus. IMO

More Proctor fallout for other cases. The line is getting bigger. I'm not familiar with the case mentioned in this report. It sounds pretty open and shut but we'll see if anything comes out of it.

Oh no. I do as next town. Very wealthy and lovely. Horrible and of course that phrase of never thought it would happen here, not by me at all. It was open and shut. Now I see this. And that Reddington. I think he had lured her back to kill her. Ego and money. I raged.

From the video recently posted by Merph, you are correct that the FBI went out of their way to make sure everyone knew about them.

Kevin Reddington, an attorney, said around 2:35:

"If it wasn't for the federal authorities, nobody would have known about this issue."

Oh no. I do as next town. Very wealthy and lovely. Horrible and of course that phrase of never thought it would happen here, not by me at all. It was open and shut. Now I see this. And that Reddington. I think he had lured her back to kill her. Ego and money. I raged.

This will not be pretty, 13 Brady letters went out last week to defense attorneys on their respective cases investigated by Proctor. My personal concern is the no body homicide investigation of Ana Walshe-- allegedly at the hands of slime husband Brian! MOO

The irony is Kevin Reddington is Jen Mccabes lawyer!
From the video recently posted by Merph, you are correct that the FBI went out of their way to make sure everyone knew about them.

Kevin Reddington, an attorney, said around 2:35:

"If it wasn't for the federal authorities, nobody would have known about this issue."

The irony is Kevin Reddington is Jen Mccabes lawyer!
That is ironic!

Wondering why Jennifer McCabe would need a lawyer!
She was just going about her business, trying to be a helpful citizen to EVERYONE.

Oh.
Maybe it was the "Hos not to die" search, hours before her friend was found frozen in the snow.
Or inserting herself into the investigation by popping up at investigators' homes (Lank, Proctor).
Or listening in and reporting on witnesses conversations to LE. "She's telling them EVERYTHING!"

What else did Little Miss Helpful do ...

MOO.

That is ironic!

She was just going about her business, trying to be a helpful citizen to EVERYONE.

Oh.
Maybe it was the "Hos not to die" search, hours before her friend was found frozen in the snow.
Or inserting herself into the investigation by popping up at investigators' homes (Lank, Proctor).
Or listening in and reporting on witnesses conversations to LE. "She's telling them EVERYTHING!"

MOO

She offered to buy Proctor a gift when this is all over!
That was a different family player.

Julie Albert = offered to buy Proctor a gift.
Julie = married to Chris Albert, brother of Brian Albert.
Julie's sister = good friends with Proctor's wife.
Julie = spoke 60+ times to Proctor's wife after JOKs death.

Chris Albert = on the Canton police select board that oversees the police.

Nicole = married to Brian Albert, who didn't come out of his home once when all the loud commotion was happening on his lawn.

Jen McCabe = sister of Nicole and sister in law to Brian Albert, who went into the home of Brian and Nicole "to wake them up", rushed frantically up the stairs in the dark to their bedroom, and never encountered their dog Chloe, who, according to Brian Albert, was "sleeping by their bed or by their closet"

Jen McCabe = married to Matt McCabe.

Matt McCabe = instructing the email chain to "tell them the guy didn't come into the house".

MOO.

That is ironic!

Oh.

MOO.
I wonder why she has a lawyer too, and Colin Albert has one. I'm sure most of them do. I can understand having a lawyer if the police are eyeing you as a suspect, but none of these people have ever been suspected of anything by the investigators, so why do they have lawyers?

I wonder why she has a lawyer too, and Colin Albert has one. I'm sure most of them do. I can understand having a lawyer if the police are eyeing you as a suspect, but none of these people have ever been suspected of anything by the investigators, so why do they have lawyers?

They are all suing TB. For harassment. That is why they have lawyers.
Jen McCabe, Ally McCabe, Colin Albert and Brian Albert. Chris Albert and Julie Albert too.

I think all of these witnesses can thank Trooper Proctor, Brian Albert, Brian Higgins, and dozens of other investigators of this case whose conduct caught the attention of the US District Attorneys Office who began a parallel investigation to the state's homicide investigation of JOK.

The relationships here were perfect for a conspiracy, as defined by MA criminal statute. And then being subpoenaed to appear before a federal grand jury? Nope. I don't fault any of them for lawyering up. MOO

ETA: And aren't several of the friends/witnesses also plaintiffs -- filed for PTO or civil complaints?

Last edited:
They are all suing TB. For harassment. That is why they have lawyers.
Jen McCabe, Ally McCabe, Colin Albert and Brian Albert. Chris Albert and Julie Albert too.

I'm not aware of any civil suits brought by these characters against Turtleboy for harassment. He has criminal charges against him alleging harassment brought by the state. They'd be foolish to sit for civil depositions where TB's lawyer can ask them questions under oath. Bad enough for them they've been under oath on the criminal end multiple times with more to come.

I'm not aware of any civil suits brought by these characters against Turtleboy for harassment. He has criminal charges against him alleging harassment brought by the state. They'd be foolish to sit for civil depositions where TB's lawyer can ask them questions under oath. Bad enough for them they've been under oath on the criminal end multiple times with more to come.

I believe that each one of them were named specifically in the criminal charges against TB ( Aidan Kearney). Which is why the judge in KR's case had AK/ TB removed from the courtroom while they were each individually on the stand....due to their perceived threats against them as witnesses. This was done as a performance for the case against TB, IMO. Such nonsense.

I believe that each one of them were named specifically in the criminal charges against TB ( Aidan Kearney). Which is why the judge in KR's case had AK/ TB removed from the courtroom while they were each individually on the stand....due to their perceived threats against them as witnesses. This was done as a performance for the case against TB, IMO. Such nonsense.

That's not the same as civil litigation and it isn't up to the individuals to decide whether charges are pressed. Of course, they would need to cooperate with the prosecution for the state to be successful. But I'm willing to bet the mistrial - with the state currently saying they'll re-try - keeps the criminal case against TB in limbo until after the re-trial. If there is one.

I could be very wrong, but I doubt they will actually re-try Read now with the even more glaring problems with the state police who investigated. The defense also knows the full extent of the prosecution's case now and will be far better prepared to attack it. And I can't see the CW doing any better than Trooper Joe Paul. If they could have found a decent accident reconstructionist they never would have used him the first time. The state has to know the odds of anything better than another mistrial are pretty slim.

There is nothing to stop the Alberts, McCabes and friends from filing civil lawsuits against Turtleboy for harassment, slander, and libel. There is a 3 year statute of limitations on such civil cases, so if, for example, the alleged wrongdoing happened in June of 2023, a lawsuit would have to be filed by June of 2026.

The problem with civil lawsuits is the burden shifts to the litigants to prove the tort and their subsequent damages, which is actually often difficult to do. The bar is arguably made even higher by the fact that they could be considered by the court to be "involuntary public figures" because of their involvement in the criminal case. Which means they'd have to prove malicious intent to proceed with a civil case against Turtleboy.

The biggest problem for them though would be civil depositions (which are taken under oath) where TB's attorneys could ask all sorts of wide ranging questions. Especially if Karen Read remains innocent in the eyes of the law, they'd need to be extremely careful not to perjure themselves, or worse, accidentally talk themselves into murder charges.

So long story short, we don't know why Jen hired attorney Kevin Reddington. He's mostly known these days as a criminal lawyer, but he's done a good amount of civil work in the past. I don't judge people for lawyering up whenever they feel uncomfortable in a legal setting, but perhaps she had more reason than most to feel uncomfortable?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angelicamcolon
Back