MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@JHall7news

Jury sees some brief clips from the camera. Nothing interesting. Defense claims there is missing footage which could have shown Karen Read's vehicle going by with or without a broken tail light. He's asked if he deleted anything - no just turne dit over to the police.

1716926910392.png
4:01 PM · May 28, 2024

@BienickWCVB

The police were interested in the timeframes of 12am-1am and 5am-6am. The cameras shows Washington Street near town hall and the public library. They are motion-activated.

Jutras says the GPS systems in the snowplows weren't working that night, says it's not unusual for them to go down several times a year.

4:03 PM · May 28, 2024

I will be surprised if we get to see him. JMO

I would think that the prosecution has to put on Michael Proctor. Otherwise, the defense will call him when it's their turn and get the first crack at questioning him. Once all the stuff he's allegedly done/not done comes out it will be difficult for Lally to rehabilitate him.

Probably better for the DA to get Proctor's version out first and soften the blow.

I don't even know what the CW is trying to do, like, I mean I know they're claiming Read maliciously murdered O'Keefe with her car but they have done such a poor job of anything resembling beyond a reasonable doubt, this honestly is playing out opposite of what they're trying to do, I just don't see how a reasonable person has watched this for how long now and could in good faith say KR is guilty.

Maybe the CW in the next 50 witnesses will have something actually helping their case, I doubt it, I would say this is such a waste of tax payer monies but it's exposing multiple people who have done nothing but lie, obstruct, destroy evidence, and overall just feel they're above any law in their jurisdiction.

Someone is going to make a really good serialized podcast of this eventually

MOO

I would think that the prosecution has to put on Michael Proctor. Otherwise, the defense will call him when it's their turn and get the first crack at questioning him. Once all the stuff he's allegedly done/not done comes out it will be difficult for Lally to rehabilitate him.

Probably better for the DA to get Proctor's version out first and soften the blow.

I can hear Judge Bev now. "Mr. Proctor, shall we pull over a chair for your attorney so he can sit right next to you in the witness box?"

What is up with the lack of air conditioning? I live in the south so this sounds really awful to me. Is it pretty normal up there in those parts of the country?

And why is the schedule so few days every week? The Judge pushed this case through and didn't clear the calendar - or what? Never seen anything quite like this.

What is up with the lack of air conditioning? I live in the south so this sounds really awful to me. Is it pretty normal up there in those parts of the country?

And why is the schedule so few days every week? The Judge pushed this case through and didn't clear the calendar - or what? Never seen anything quite like this.

The building is 200 years old. They only got wifi a few weeks ago. Summers here are considerably shorter than in the south, and most summers court activity is fairly limited. This one will be an exception, needless to say.

My understanding is the scheduling problems this week relate to juror availablity. They had a hard time getting a jury and probably had to make concessions to them regarding time off.

The building is 200 years old. They only got wifi a few weeks ago. Summers here are considerably shorter than in the south, and most summers court activity is fairly limited. This one will be an exception, needless to say.

My understanding is the scheduling problems this week relate to juror availablity. They had a hard time getting a jury and probably had to make concessions to them regarding time off.
Thanks @HarmonyE. I guess retrofitting a 200 year old bldg would be a nightmare. Maybe they could build a new modern building and use this old one for traffic court or something?

ETA: JMHO but this case should have had a change of venue.

Yes Honestly lol - we could not be further apart in our opinions
I am not sure what wealth has to do with it - thats not the type of influence happening
Its all about connections

That you cannot fathom the depth of "monkey business" going on is not hard to understand
if you have never lived it
JMO

Probably. Where i lived in MA, the police seemed to exist for "speeding ticket", nothing else.

At the same time, people can't say "there is monkey business" without giving the examples. This is exactly the stereotyping that I feel is unfair. If one doesn't If want to be on the receiving end of it, for whatever reason, one shouldn't just throw out accusations, right? We can't say, oh, there is monkey business going on with the Canton PD, and hence, they killed their own. Or, "it is because of Stockton", because for one, how do we even know what JO was working at? There should be some proof.

On the other hand, I don't want to read AK. I watched him speaking and...here is exactly what i want to avoid, stereotyping.

Is there any normal article covering the case of "monkey business"? Because, you know, the DM will pay a lot for any scoop. They were unafraid to go after that agent in Indianapolis who wanted to cover up the gymnastics scandal in exchange for a job there. These days the newspapers are unafraid to go after high-level politicians. So if they keep silent, sadly, it may just mean that there is not much behind the smoke.

The fact that the air conditioning is malfunctioing is bizarre to me and I am only 7 miles as the crow flies from the court house. And no time on the calender for the case? Who knows what that is about ?
But it seems to fit in with the general tenor of the trial now doesn't it. Not much going right for the CW. Embarrassing - and not representative of all of the fine Commonwealth JMO

The fact that the air conditioning is malfunctioing is bizarre to me and I am only 7 miles as the crow flies from the court house. And no time on the calender for the case? Who knows what that is about ?
But it seems to fit in with the general tenor of the trial now doesn't it. Not much going right for the CW. Embarrassing - and not representative of all of the fine Commonwealth JMO
Appreciate your viewpoint, thanks for chiming in!

Seriously nuts - I thought the air condo must just be "on the fritz" lol - Have they never heard of heat pumps ( air condo and heat splits)? No need to rework much for that.
Nice to honor history - lovely architecture but make it functional. I was a juror there a while back but in the winter.
smh /jmo

BAC definitely hits different people, differently. One only need look at the dozens of Police DUI videos available on YouTube as evidence. However... yeah... 0.29 is really high.

From the videos I've watched - when people start to get over .20... it's pretty obvious they are drunk, drunk and there's no real hiding it.

If you read Tucker Max, the book that starts with him buying a breathalyzer and going to a bar, his maximum was 0.24 I think. He was a young, healthy man, not untrained in drinking. After 0.24, he blacked out.

I, however, used to know a young woman who was driving with 0.3. We were unaware of her BAL. Personally, I unfriended her after that episode.

I'm starting to think the Commonwealth of Massachusetts brought this case to trial for the same reasons UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak called a General Election last week. Sure, they could wait it out a bit longer and hope something changes in their favour, but it's probably not going to get any better and they have to go through with it eventually and have very little chance of winning regardless. In fact it'll probably get worse if they drag it out.

It's like the roles are in reverse in this case. It's crazy to me, the defense for Karen Read appear to have actively made more effort to investigate how Officer John O'Keefe died than the Canton Police, Massachusetts State police and Norfolk County District Attorney's office combined! KR's defence are presenting properly gathered evidence, and the CW? Collecting blood in solo cups, presenting SMS messages in screenshot form and ever-changing stories from their eyewitnesses. Utterly utterly bizarre.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member