MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So my understanding is the CW theory is Karen hit O’Keefe with her vehicle going 24 mph in reverse. She had a newer model car. Wouldn’t the brakes have automatically engaged with the collision prevention safety mechanism? I will be interested in the car’s black box data.
That’s an excellent point. I have a Lexus and it has that mechanism (in the Drive gear) where the car stops automatically if you’re about to hit something (I’ve only had this happen once-the car slams to a sudden stop when I was about to hit the car in front of me due to an accident that happened a few cars up). That was going forward tho. I guess I could go out and try it in reverse going 24 mph, but I don’t think that’s a good idea.

I think that JO deserves justice. Not a single bad world was said about the man, ever, he seems to have been a good person, and he died so horribly. I feel compassionate towards people who are medically ill and I don't wish KR bad, but IMHO, facts point at her involvement. Maybe there will be mitigating circumstances, but the killer of JO needs to be named.

This case became so politicized, I that the tragedy of one simple man, his wards and his family has totally drowned in it. We speak about everyone, how KR looks, how Yanetti and Jackson cross, how the judge Bev Cannone behaves, how Lally speaks too quietly, whether Kearney is in the room or not...and no one thinks about the feelings of JO's parents, brother, extended family and now twice-orphaned kids. They have to go through it, daily. They sit in the same room. I think what this case is seriously lacking is compassion to the victim, JO, and his family.
The history of the children’s loss is just tragic. And his parents losing 2 out of 3 kids. Easy to forget all of this with all the things you mention.

Please forgive, as I am sure this has been addressed, but I cannot for the life of me find it anywhere - did KR's car have front or rear cams? I am assuming the answer is no.....

DEDHAM - The Commonwealth's case against Karen Read has moved into the hard evidence phase, more than a month after testimony began. The jury has heard from state troopers as well as members of the state police crime lab, with more state police members expected to take the stand this week.

The current phase of the state's case begs the question: when - and how - will Trooper Michael Proctor testify?

Proctor was the lead investigator on John O'Keefe's death. He's a state police detective assigned to the Norfolk County District Attorney's office. He's currently under internal investigation for his handling of the case.

Karen Read's defense team has accused Proctor of planting evidence at the scene and intentionally botching the investigation to cover up for friends who are witnesses in the case.

Proctor's attorney did not respond to a WBZ request for comment. Proctor is listed on both the state's and the defense's witness lists - but neither is definitive about who will be called.

There are three options for Proctor's testimony:

Complete article at link...

June 5, 2024

Second forensic scientist to testify in Karen Read murder trial: Watch live​

First on the stand Wednesday is a forensic scientist from the Massachusetts State Police Crime Laboratory — the second forensic scientist we have seen so far​

Fall River Reporter

For those of you following, @TGlarer is a guest of the Read family today and is here in the courtroom. I met him here in the court room and he is TALL.

Tom CPU is also here as a guest today.

I could have asked who we are expecting as witnesses today but I want to be surprised.

@JohnDePetroshow is here for a second day. We had a conversation while outside waiting when I asked him why he was so confident that not one juror believed that the hair on the Lexus was planted.

He told me to look at who controlled the courthouse. He said look at the door. Police. What he reasoned is that the jurors are made to trust the police and LE that are here controlling their time here and that translates to the LE that are witnesses. Juror believe them.

Lally has arrived and his team is here. Karen's team is here. Families are all seated. McLaughlin has come over to speak to Paul O'Keefe and his wife. They are standing talking together.

@DoctorTurtleboy was second in line next to me and is wearing a Ken Mello t-shirt with a red nose. He didn't make it past security: they had him turn it inside out.

Today is a full day of testimony with a shortened lunch. There is a half day tomorrow and no court this Friday.

Jury has arrived and Judge Bev is here with her cute black peep-toe heels. Let's get going.

@FallRiverReport

Good morning from day 20 of testimony in the Commonwealth vs. Karen Read

-Jury inbound
-MSP forensic scientist Ashley Vallier is expected to be back on the stand this morning
-Today is scheduled to be a full day.
Thursday will be a half day and there is no trial scheduled this Friday
-Earlier this week, Jackson said he expects the trial to be done before the 4th of July week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz