MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's probably best for Karen if he does take the 5th. But I won't lie. I'd pay good money to watch Jackson eviscerate that man on the stand.

Honestly, I'd watch if Jackson spent a whole day asking Proctor questions, just for him to reply "On the advice of my attorney, I invoke my right against self incrimination" over and over again.

If it's really true that Proctor intends to take the Fifth, then the DA needs to concede and end the trial. It's a waste of everyone's time and money, and to force the O'Keefes to sit in court every day on a lost cause just adds to their suffering.

And I'd have to think that even if Lally somehow miraculously secures a conviction, it wouldn't stand up under appeal. How can Karen Read confront her accuser when the person who spearheaded the investigation refuses to answer any questions about what he did?
You'd be surprised how some prosecutors double down on bad cases. Even so, I'm surprised that they tried to fast track this with an active Feeb investigation going on. I wonder if some of the witnesses won't be available, or credible, in a year.

As someone who was falsely accused and PROVED the investigator faked evidence and knowingly took false statements from witnesses, if the cops involved did do something shady, I hope they get burned, but I'm not holding my breath.

So I recall Hartnett saying she looked at the right sleeve of JO's sweatshirt and would examine for frayed ends, etc. I just do not recall if she came to a conclusion on that or if that would be up to some expert? Clearly she is not an expert.

She also noted damage at the back bottom of the sweatshirt, which she indicated she couldn’t determine what caused it, but to me, in keeping with potential dog damage to the sweatshirt, the damage looked like tears that could be explained by a dog trying to latch on from behind and only getting the sweatshirt.

You believe she killed him because she was driving impaired? But by that logic, aren't there many more potential killers than just KR?

... well the death certificate said it was not as a result of a fight. Death certificates say what caused the death, not what did not cause the death. As a previous posted pointed out, he did not drown but the death certificate did not say that. The medical examiner was told what to write, and he/she did.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I believe that the prosecution has put forth the evidence that they have. At the end Karen will be found not guilty. All that will be left is the O'Keefe family who will forever live with not only the loss of their family member but without justice for the person who killed him. I believe that Karen killed him because she was driving impaired. She'll walk on all charges due to the poorly run investigation.
I predict that Karen writes a book.

She will need to write a book, and have a netflix series to pay her legal bills. The CW is dragging on this trial, in an apparent attempt to rack up KR legal fees.

How do we know he didn’t move initially after being hit? Some say his phone said he went up 3 flights of stairs. Not that I’m sold on that at this point, but he may have moved about in some way. Just kindly wondering what your or others thoughts would be on that.
I wonder if his phone was dusted for fingerprints.
If Jenny Jenn Jenn kept calling it for them all to find it and it was planted under him; I’m thinking they wiped it clean.
Making Kerry Roberts’ prints present plus who ever she handed it to.
Unless they were all smart, wiped it and then had JO’s hands touch it.
It doesn’t square right in my head how the phone ended up under him. And if it was dusted, whose prints were present.

I wonder if his phone was dusted for fingerprints.
If Jenny Jenn Jenn kept calling it for them all to find it and it was planted under him; I’m thinking they wiped it clean.
Making Kerry Roberts’ prints present plus who ever she handed it to.
Unless they were all smart, wiped it and then had JO’s hands touch it.
It doesn’t square right in my head how the phone ended up under him. And if it was dusted, whose prints were present.
The phone may have been in his backpocket.

So my understanding is the CW theory is Karen hit O’Keefe with her vehicle going 24 mph in reverse. She had a newer model car. Wouldn’t the brakes have automatically engaged with the collision prevention safety mechanism? I will be interested in the car’s black box data.

Could blood have gone through what little bit of snow was under him, and into the soil/ground? Not sure how that works

The blood, assuming it's fresh and warm, could melt through the snow where it lands. But it takes a fair amount to do that. Blood spray, say from a gunshot wound or bad enough cuts on an arm, would cool quickly to ambient temperature and stay on top of the snow, but be covered with fresh snowfall.
Small drops, however, would probably penetrate the snow deep enough to be harder to see and would be pretty hard to spot at night. I would normally presume the crime scene people used a UV light, but in this case who knows?

And before anyone worries about how I know this, I'm a hunter in MI. Blood on snow is a normal occurrence. Sometimes, it's not even mine.
Didn’t Matty text his circle that MSP was digging into the ground?
Wonder whatever happened w that soil.
And the fact one solo cup was swabbed and none tested for DNA, makes me think they didn’t order DNA for fear one of the Brians or Colin’s blood droppings are in that snow from a fight…

Didn't we have testimony, yesterday, of literal car plastic embedded with JO's clothing?
Yea, the issue with that is that they were allegedly embedded in the t-shirt, somehow missed the sweater. That defies the laws of physics. And giving that the clothes were somewhere for a month before testing. I dont think the tests shuold be allowed into evidence.

Personally, I think that KR will be convicted.

I think that JO deserves justice. Not a single bad world was said about the man, ever, he seems to have been a good person, and he died so horribly. I feel compassionate towards people who are medically ill and I don't wish KR bad, but IMHO, facts point at her involvement. Maybe there will be mitigating circumstances, but the killer of JO needs to be named.

This case became so politicized, I that the tragedy of one simple man, his wards and his family has totally drowned in it. We speak about everyone, how KR looks, how Yanetti and Jackson cross, how the judge Bev Cannone behaves, how Lally speaks too quietly, whether Kearney is in the room or not...and no one thinks about the feelings of JO's parents, brother, extended family and now twice-orphaned kids. They have to go through it, daily. They sit in the same room. I think what this case is seriously lacking is compassion to the victim, JO, and his family.

I don't think she did a thing to JO. The evidence just doesn't support it that I can see. I mean to say that the evidence doesn't support that she could have done it any more than it supports any other individual who was at the house that night. moo
Exactly. Few posters seem to think she did it bc she was drunk and had a car.
By that logic, there are about 5 people who made contact with that address/driveway that could have done it. All drunk, all maneuvering about the driveway.
And one had a plow on his. And promptly went to work on his day off at 130 am to perform administrative tasks (but left 34 f at 1230, keep in mind 34 is 1.2 miles away from canton pd- so where was he in that hour).
Then he stayed at work that Saturday almost an entire day, on his day off. Hungover (57 Jamesons). In a blizzard.

Proctor is on the defense list and I have no doubt they'll call him. But given the defense's proposed timing, I think they think he'll take the 5th.
If the defense only needs about a week, I can still see them calling 5 people in a day.
They’re proficient.
Lally gagging took HOURS w Hartnett yesterday, and the defense dismantled everything he build with her in about 15 min.
They’re quick and even Bev is starting to like it.
Lally could try to drag it on in his cross, but it will only backfire on him.

If the defense only needs about a week, I can still see them calling 5 people in a day.
They’re proficient.
Lally gagging took HOURS w Hartnett yesterday, and the defense dismantled everything he build with her in about 15 min.
They’re quick and even Bev is starting to like it.
Lally could try to drag it on in his cross, but it will only backfire on him.
I feel like Lally is going to simply
"No cross-examination needed your honor thank youuuu" for the remainder of the case
(It will save him a lot of embarasment & everyones time)

Looking at the shoe, to me it looks like it was planted.
One thing I learned in all this about the Dave and Buster defense team, is that they back up what they put forward.
If there is anywhere where they claimed the belt and shoe were missing, I think that can still be a possibility. I wonder if it was lost in transit over to DNA processing.
Imagine if that thing was properly processed and another male’s DNA was found.
The shoes were catalogued separately and only one swabbed, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz