MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing a lot of head shaking today. It is not advisable for a defendant to shake their head during trial. I suspect defense attorney will advise KR about this after today, and we won’t see anymore back and forth shaking the head in disagreement. It's not due to illness. They (defendant) do not direct the narrative- if they choose to provide their narrative then take the stand when it is your turn.

Where is the respect to John O'Keefe's family?

moo

Seeing a lot of head shaking today. It is not advisable for a defendant to shake their head during trial. I suspect defense attorney will advise KR about this after today, and we won’t see anymore back and forth shaking the head in disagreement. It's not due to illness. They (defendant) do not direct the narrative- if they choose to provide their narrative then take the stand when it is your turn.

Where is the respect to John O'Keefe's family?

moo
Maybe not the best thing to do, but you know emotions sometimes show themselves. I don't see how this disrespects the Okeefe's?JMOO

@JHall7news

After a lunch break, Sgt BUKHENIK shows the jury autopsy photos. They were not shows on camera in the live stream. Karen Read looked at the screen...no visible emotion I could see. The detective is now speaking about going to Dighton, at Read's parents' home.

2:12 PM · Jun 5, 2024

He saw damage to the tail light..then went in to interview Read. The troopers identified themselves. Bukhenik says Read agreed to be interviewed but sisn't want to go into too much detail but would talk.

2:14 PM · Jun 5, 2024
Wonder if they documented the tail light with a photo prior to impounding the vehicle...

Surveillance video shows Read and her father arriving at her parents' home in Dighton. Bukhenik says Read and her father paused near the taillight before going inside.

Surveillance video being loaded onto tow truck. Bukhenik says the passenger-side taillight is visibly damaged.

Why is there not a single decent photograph of the back of the SUV before it gets loaded onto the trailer? Why do we have to squint at a grainy freeze-frame from a home security cam and try to discern the details?

This isn't the 1980s where they need to call out a police photographer to get an image. The cops could have easily taken high quality pics with their mobile phones.

Last edited:
I think the wounds on John's right arm were caused by the broken glass. He fell on it and either got dragged a bit or crawled on it.
Very beginning it seemed yes that’s what happened along with obviously K backing into him. Very beginning until other words and behaviors were told and shown very questionable

Will they ask him if he is the lead investigator on the case?

And if he answers no, then can he be asked who is?

Is defense allowed to do that on cross? MOO
My understanding is MP is on the CW list of witnesses. If they (CW) dont call him, no doubt that the defense will call him. moo

Why is there not

Why is there not a single decent photograph of the back of the SUV before it gets loaded onto the trailer? Why do we have to squint at a grainy freeze-frame from a home security cam and try to discern the details?

This isn't the 1980s where they need to call out a police photographer to get an image. The cops could have easily taken high quality pics with their mobile phones.
How could they not of !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member