MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone pointed this out online, and it seems pretty sketchy.

The video of the SUV in the sallyport is reversed. The driver appears to step out of the passenger side door, I've cued the video below so you can see it after it's driven in.

Also there are a bunch of weird time-skips all over the video. You can see the time advance from 5:36:48 to 5:36:53 immediately after the driver exits the vehicle. There are a ton of these jumps.

Lally made us sit through hours of bar footage and footage of the scene outside John O'Keefe's home where nothing was happening, so why is this video so carefully edited?
Don't forget there are many missing minutes due to tech problems, yet again.

Don't forget there are many missing minutes due to tech problems, yet again.
Indeed, that may be part of it. But these are jumps of a few seconds to a minute. Plus there's a bunch of people moving around the garage, so the motion-activated cameras should be on.

Maybe it will be brought up in cross tomorrow.

The video of the SUV in the sallyport is reversed. The driver appears to step out of the passenger side door, I've cued the video below so you can see it after it's driven in.

Also there are a bunch of weird time-skips all over the video. You can see the time advance from 5:36:48 to 5:36:53 immediately after the driver exits the vehicle. There are a ton of these jumps.

Lally made us sit through hours of bar footage and footage of the scene outside John O'Keefe's home where nothing was happening, so why is this video so carefully edited?
That edited video shouldn't have been allowed in and it appears the defense hadn't seen it or been made aware of it previously.JMOO

I've seen dog bites that look like that when the dogs' teeth scrape across the skin instead of penetrating.
google 'dog bites on arm' and see a lot of similar pics too
I have seen a lot of dog bites specifically from a German Shepherd too. Is there any marks on the other side of John's arm? It's interesting that some of the gouges look symmetrical. I don't believe John was bit by a dog.

According to the article, they will not be able to put Proctor in front of a jury. All his pleas to take the Fifth would happen with just the judge present and no jury.
But since he has already testified at other proceedings it’s a bit murky I believe if he can all of the sudden take the fifth now.
Iirc he was under investigation when he previously testified so that argument should not have merit?
Too much logic on my part obvi. Anything can happen in this trial as we have seen.
JMO

I have seen a lot of dog bites specifically from a German Shepherd too. Is there any marks on the other side of John's arm? It's interesting that some of the gouges look symmetrical. I don't believe John was bit by a dog.
Nothing on the other arm afaik. I don't believe the car or the glass made those marks.jmoo

That edited video shouldn't have been allowed in and it appears the defense hadn't seen it or been made aware of it previously.JMOO
Idk if anyone else heard after we watched garage video without jury. But before jury came in the Judge mumbled something about that it was received 4:24, then told AJ his obj. Was denied, something to that effect. Did anyone else catch that? Re: Canton garage video .

Choice of that garage…… If the garage is heated, such that the snow (or perhaps ice) on the vehicle would melt - presumably to observe the vehicle…. wouldn’t the hair and other items on the vehicle also have likely moved upon the snow/ice melting? Or been dislodged or displaced from it’s original location?

What measures were taken to account for that possibility? MOO

Last edited:
Idk if anyone else heard after we watched garage video without jury. But before jury came in the Judge mumbled something about that it was received 4:24, then told AJ his obj. Was denied, something to that effect. Did anyone else catch that? Re: Canton garage video .
I heard the received at ..but didn't mean anything to me, but she said a time.
I just watched KR's interview on Nightline, very short if just go to where she's being interviewed by the host. She answered she had about four drinks and the host said, pros says more. She answered along the lines of that she wasn't
out of her mind'. She said she watched John go up to the door then she looked down at her phone. She explained how she didn't hear the invitation to go back to Alberts house extended to either of them. Also, how JO looked up to Albert due to his career success in his field and specialties (gang unit and so on, which IS BRUTAL) SO, Albert would be quite the expert on any kind of criminal thinking and getting over if he needed to it looks like. He'd also have a lot of hero worship amongst the local 'run of the mill' town police officers. JMO

@JHall7news

Sgt Bukhenik says security video at the Read home in Dighton shows the rear of the Lexus as Police seized it and put it on a flatbed. He testifies the rear tail light is illuminated and you can see a white light at the edge.

View attachment 508109

There is also video of the tow truck arriving at Canton PD with Karen Read's car on the back of a flatbed.

View attachment 508111
In my layman’s eye, the upper picture - the Lexus being pulled onto the flatbed / rollback……. there appears to be a lot of the red lens still intact in that image? Is the witness testimony to the yellow hue seen at the right front forward corner of the lens? Or is testimony given as to white? (Full disclosure: I am slight red green colorblind. And I argue incessantly on orange vs. some yellow / reddish colors. Just ask my kids.)

And a lot more of the lens is intact there IMO!….. much more than shown in some of the evidence reconstruction images shown earlier in testimony.

Is the vehicle on with key in it perhaps in that image? Are running lights on? Where is the turn signal in that rear taillight housing? And what color does it flash? Is it likely amber or yellow?

IIRC the white reverse light lens/bulb is inward in the taillight assembly, near where the housing meets the other horizontal red lens assembly on the lift gate. MOO

The fix is in and Bev is doing her part

Nothing on the other arm afaik. I don't believe the car or the glass made those marks.jmoo
Only that part of the arm is shown and said to have the damage.

Great questions. Hopefully they hit hit on cross, but at this point that might not be until next week.

I just watched KR's interview on Nightline, very short if just go to where she's being interviewed by the host. She answered she had about four drinks and the host said, pros says more. She answered along the lines of that she wasn't
out of her mind'. She said she watched John go up to the door then she looked down at her phone. She explained how she didn't hear the invitation to go back to Alberts house extended to either of them. Also, how JO looked up to Albert due to his career success in his field and specialties (gang unit and so on, which IS BRUTAL) SO, Albert would be quite the expert on any kind of criminal thinking and getting over if he needed to it looks like. He'd also have a lot of hero worship amongst the local 'run of the mill' town police officers. JMO
She said that to JO, along the lines, (I'm always saying that) of , are you sure?? I didn't hear an invitation extended to me... or to YOU.

In my post you are responding , I didn’t post the 4/25 as a date but a time , which is how I understood it, just for clarification . I’ve never seen that Dateline , shockingly , so very interesting .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3