MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you kidding ? She’s got the defensive of a life time, she’s having her day….any errors will be brought to light.

Forget that it's Karen Read for a second.

The lead investigator in a murder trial is refusing to take the stand because the actions he performed during the investigation may incriminate him in a federal probe of police corruption.

The prosecution is trying to hide him by making the jury think that someone else was responsible for the investigation that he really did. They want to cover up his actions so that the defense can't question him about any wrongdoing he committed.

And the judge is allowing this to happen, with the jury no wiser to the bait-and-switch.

That's not a fair trial and I don't think that's how a criminal trial should be conducted in the United States. I would say that no matter who the defendant was, whether it was Karen Read, Alex Murdaugh, Chad Daybell, or whomever.

Everyone at the Waterfall that night said she did not seem impaired. They were all asked about that, review their testimony if you have doubts. They all thought it was FUNNY that she brought the glass over inside her coat from the other bar.

This is a brotherhood of big drinkers, funny to get away with stuff with like that.
Thing is they were all drinking also, of course she didn’t seem impaired. She obviously was either mad, not having a good time or drunk….other wise she would have joined the house party. As brazen as she seem to me, if JO was in the house not answering her text or calls while she was waiting in the car, she would have been in there to get him that night. Just my thoughts about her……

The lead investigator in a murder trial is refusing to take the stand because the actions he performed during the investigation may incriminate him in a federal probe of police corruption.

The prosecution is trying to hide him by making the jury think that someone else was responsible for the investigation that he really did. They want to cover up his actions so that the defense can't question him about any wrongdoing he committed.

And the judge is allowing this to happen, with the jury no wiser to the bait-and-switch.

That's not a fair trial and I don't think that's how a criminal trial should be conducted in the United States. I would say that no matter who the defendant was, whether it was Karen Read, Alex Murdaugh, Chad Daybell, or whomever.
I understand what you’re saying but his actions don’t make or break the case against her. He was absolutely wrong. He will answer for his actions to the FBI. I think about JO’s family ? I would still want her tried, on the evidence they have against her, if she’s found not guilty, then so be it.

RBBM

I suppose I could have bolded the whole thing but, anyway, this is just revolting behavior.

The 'system' is rotten to the core.

edit to add more bold

Last edited:
Now that we are seeing photos and video of the Lexus in the morning hours, do we think the damage to the taillight was a “pinhole” (per KerR) or more? I can’t make anything out in the videos myself.
I took a screen shot of her leaving to picking up Kerry and it’s much more then a pinhole! Wish I could up load the photo, but it’s not letting me.

I took a screen shot of her leaving to picking up Kerry and it’s much more then a pinhole! Wish I could up load the photo, but it’s not letting me.
I thought Kerrie said a small hole, not pin hole but we would love to see that screen shot! Maybe you have to download the pic to your photos then upload here.. (if you only knew how NON tech I am, but)

So he could have been bent over getting sick when he was hit.

If he vomited outside where was the rest of the vomit and wouldn’t his dinner been in the vomit? There was a small amount of vomit on his clothes where was the rest of it? Is that why Jen queried how long to digest food? I never understood that google search.

I thought Kerrie said a small hole, not pin hole but we would love to see that screen shot! Maybe you have to download the pic to your photos then upload here.. (if you only knew how NON tech I am, but)
Yeah I have it in my photos but it’s just not up loading when I try. I’m sure they will have clips online of her pulling out of the driveway in the morning. It’s the only clear shot I’ve seen of the tail light and half or more is gone (Red), clear as day to me.

I have no idea, but maybe FBI says he can’t testify due to grand jury still working ?
That is not a legal basis if he has relevant testimony & is on the witness list. I’ve never heard of being able to skip out of being a witness because the FBI is after you. This isn’t HIS trial where he has rights.

The Defendant has a constitutional right to confront her accusers. And that’s ever so important in this case. He’s also never been taken off the witness list as far as I know. So there would need to be a Motion or something to even advance the proposition that he shouldn’t be required to testify.

MOO
100% agreed - and I'll add that removing Proctor's testimony is a chain of custody issue. SOP. The Standard. Best Practices. I suppose we had MP's supervisor today, but it feels to me that the commonwealth has taken the strategy of letting every other witness testify around/for MP, which is a shame. Jurors will certainly see right past this and the defense will call this out IMO

That is not a legal basis if he has relevant testimony & is on the witness list. I’ve never heard of being able to skip out of being a witness because the FBI is after you. This isn’t HIS trial where he has rights.

The Defendant has a constitutional right to confront her accusers. And that’s ever so important in this case. He’s also never been taken off the witness list as far as I know. So there would need to be a Motion or something to even advance the proposition that he shouldn’t be required to testify.
You may be right . As I said, idk? Just a passing thought .

Yeah I have it in my photos but it’s just not up loading when I try. I’m sure they will have clips online of her pulling out of the driveway in the morning. It’s the only clear shot I’ve seen of the tail light and half or more is gone (Red), clear as day to me.
What do you make of what Kerry Roberts said regarding the taillight, which she saw in person versus your observations from a clip?

' 'What about my tail light? What about my tail light?' and I looked and there was a piece missing. But it was caked on with snow. You could tell there was a little black hole but there was snow like caked on it and it was a blizzard at this point.'

If he vomited outside where was the rest of the vomit and wouldn’t his dinner been in the vomit? There was a small amount of vomit on his clothes where was the rest of it? Is that why Jen queried how long to digest food? I never understood that google
His dinner would have been long gone after midnight. Just like the blood, under the snow and on him. They said his clothes were soaking wet and he had a lot of liquid that night, mixed with blood and melting snow on his clothes.
I’m not sure when she searched that (Jen) but there will be some eye opening info coming on the true times of her searches. From all the reading I’ve been doing there were 2 searches of her phone, one before the company’s updated software and one after…….showed different things. Please don’t ask for links cause I would have no idea where I read/seen it but believe Court TV did a program about it.
Some things we may never know the answer to, but common sense and evidence are definitely going to be needed for this trial.

Depending on the browser you are using, you might be able to adjust the size of the image. In Safari for example, when attempting to add the image (jpg format) at the point to add, there is an option to adjust the image size. If not that and it won’t work is it a formatting issue? MOO

What do you make of what Kerry Roberts said regarding the taillight, which she saw in person versus your observations from a clip?

' 'What about my tail light? What about my tail light?' and I looked and there was a piece missing. But it was caked on with snow. You could tell there was a little black hole but there was snow like caked on it and it was a blizzard at this point.'
Yessssssss.. I was on alert when she said that about the snow caked on it, like brush it off and take a better looksee to calm KR DOWN about it. I feel like J. McC said the same?

Think she said what she saw, it was a blizzard, snow was caked on there. I don’t think Kerry was very concerned at the time with her tail light. I screen shot the clip, and made it bigger it’s a huge area missing.
Another thing I caught when Kerry testified was KR ran over and laid on JO, when Kerry got there she wiped the snow off his face and see his injuries….just thought that was interesting that KR didn’t do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper