MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So where are the MISSING VIDEOS from O’KEEFE’s RING CAMERA?

Highly suspicious

Why is it suspicious? The CW already had a witness testify that nothing was deleted from JOKs Ring. They also had the children living in the same house testify KR didn’t have access to the Ring camera. So, yeah, highly not suspicious.

Does anyone happen to know how Karen thought John was going to get home from the afterparty?

She says she waited for him to tell her his plans, but he never called or texted her so she left. His house is only a couple of miles from Fairview. I'm sure the McCabes would have offered him a ride and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Really depends on the jury, some people go in totally trusting the police and others don’t. Personally I think she’s guilty but can see this defense getting in the jury’s head. I just hope justice comes for John’s family.
I think the jurors will notice many of the witnesses for the prosecution were evasive on the stand, some outright perjured themselves, and lied about where they were at certain times.
I also think the jurors noticed the poor evidence collection and storage, and the choice the prosecution made to not even test the blood evidence.
I think the jurors will notice that the police submitted heavily altered video footage from the sally port and tried to convince the jury it was authentic.
We are only looking at the evidence.

Edit to add:
IMO
Regardless of the outcome, this trial will never bring justice for officer John O'keefe's family.
Officer O'keefe was let down by his fellow brothers in blue who did not investigate his death fully.

Last edited:
I guess you missed the earlier testimony on the issue?

But the answer is any missing video removed from the material handed over by Ring was done by Michael Proctor.
Did I hear this right, Proctor accessed ring on John's phone app prior to getting the warrant. Was he trying to hide his activity on JO's phone?

I am new to this case and I just started watching the trial. I'm on Day 10 (so way behind the rest of you), and I know a little bit about theories from skimming the websleuths feed. I've been trying not to look at details and documents outside of what is presented at trial. I've been watching the Albert family testimony. I'm kind of thinking the presentation of witnesses is brilliant. At this point, I haven't heard anything about the circumstances of his death nor much about his injuries other than head trauma and cuts on his arm with a broken cocktail glass found. From the cross examination of the Alberts, I honestly can't figure out what the defense is trying to get me to think. They seem to be implying Kaitlin did something, Colin did something, Brian Higgins did something....all the while I'm on day 10 of the trial and have no clue what the evidence is regarding the who, what, when or how he died. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't even know what to be suspicious of in regards to the Albert family since I don't know anything about John O'Keefe's death (other than opening statements...which I tend to disregard in favor of actual evidence). On the flip side, there hasn't been any evidence against Karen Read either. For all I know, the man could have been stumbling around outside drunk and fallen and hit his head incapacitating him which resulting in death by hypothermia.

I'm sure there is real evidence coming on both sides, but this has been a really slow pace to get to the point.
It’s something like Day 19 before there’s any actual evidence discussed.

Why is it suspicious? The CW already had a witness testify that nothing was deleted from JOKs Ring. They also had the children living in the same house testify KR didn’t have access to the Ring camera. So, yeah, highly not suspicious.
SO WHERE ARE THE MISSING VIDEO’S ??

Children believed she couldn’t access

Karen is very resourceful - I don’t doubt for a second she did not have access

Does anyone happen to know how Karen thought John was going to get home from the afterparty?

She was supposedly waiting for him to text her once he went in to let her know if he was staying or what. He didn’t return HER texts and she furiously had those texts berating him due to that. That she hated him /pervert. Made me think he said something about her and Higgins

SO WHERE ARE THE MISSING VIDEO’S ??

Children believed she couldn’t access

Karen is very resourceful - I don’t doubt for a second she did not have access

Trooper Proctor is very resourceful. He had John's phone, could have deleted them himself. I don't care what the children said, but there was someone from Ring that said nothing was deleted from the camera. It would have showed in the activity log. There was an entire back and forth about this. Were you watching the trial? Or is this just another instance of technology suddenly being wrong when it shows something that goes against the CW's theory? Celebrite says the google search was at 230, they were wrong. Life360 shows someone driving all over when they said they just went home, that app is wrong. The phone logs show phone calls that were answered, but those are all wrong and they are all butt dials that were never actually answered. The Ring company testifies nothing was deleted, but they're wrong. The sally port video is motion sensitive but it somehow was off for 40 minutes when people would have been creating motion in the sally port. Do you want me to keep going?

Let's see the paper work and emails or whatever of Proctor's communication with ring hey? If there are missing videos maybe Proctor actually knows why.

She was supposedly waiting for him to text her once he went in to let her know if he was staying or what. He didn’t return HER texts and she furiously had those texts berating him due to that. That she hated him /pervert. Made me think he said something about her and Higgins
I musta missed all of that testimony
Where can I view those text messages?

Trooper Proctor is very resourceful. He had John's phone, could have deleted them himself. I don't care what the children said, but there was someone from Ring that said nothing was deleted from the camera. It would have showed in the activity log. There was an entire back and forth about this. Were you watching the trial?
My understanding - what came through that testimony was video could only be deleted through his computer at home or his cell phone app.

My understanding - what came through that testimony was video could only be deleted through his computer at home or his cell phone app.

They literally presented an activity log that was emailed to Proctor. They discussed that if something had been deleted by KR it would have shown on that activity log. Not much room for interpretation there. JMO

Trooper Proctor is very resourceful. He had John's phone, could have deleted them himself. I don't care what the children said, but there was someone from Ring that said nothing was deleted from the camera. It would have showed in the activity log. There was an entire back and forth about this. Were you watching the trial? Or is this just another instance of technology suddenly being wrong when it shows something that goes against the CW's theory? Celebrite says the google search was at 230, they were wrong. Life360 shows someone driving all over when they said they just went home, that app is wrong. The phone logs show phone calls that were answered, but those are all wrong and they are all butt dials that were never actually answered. The Ring company testifies nothing was deleted, but they're wrong. The sally port video is motion sensitive but it somehow was off for 40 minutes when people would have been creating motion in the sally port. Do you want me to keep going?
Hey, what’s good for the goose ….is good for the gander. No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18