MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever heard the term 'black humour'? I know many professionals that make unprofessional comments but still give 110% and do not let their personal feelings affect how they do their job. If you think that this is not common then you live under a rock. Proctor just got caught at it.
only imo misogyny is not black humour.

Has KR demonstrated any emotion while court is discussing JO? I get it that she's fighting for her life and I really believe that if she had anything to do with it, that it was an accident. I do believe that there's a lot of really bad police work done and none that follows an investigation. But I haven't seen any emotion or tears. She loved JO. I hope she has and that it's been when I haven't been watching.

Have you ever heard the term 'black humour'? I know many professionals that make unprofessional comments but still give 110% and do not let their personal feelings affect how they do their job. If you think that this is not common then you live under a rock. Proctor just got caught at it.

IT may be common but its totally wrong, unjustified and totally unprofessional and destroys the trust and neutrality that a police officer should maintain. IMO

I knew it was going to be bad, but was still shocked

Has KR demonstrated any emotion while court is discussing JO? I get it that she's fighting for her life and I really believe that if she had anything to do with it, that it was an accident. I do believe that there's a lot of really bad police work done and none that follows an investigation. But I haven't seen any emotion or tears. She loved JO. I hope she has and that it's been when I haven't been watching.
Yes, I've seen her appear very sad when showing JO's clothes and things relating to him personally. So far there has not been much about JO as the alberts and mccabes and proctors, higgins and all the rest seem to be the focus of the cw trial.JMO

Respectfully, do you believe that Proctor gave 110% in this investigation?

It may be common to those with perhaps a better character, but if the question is how they did their job?
Pretty much every one of the officers did a terrible job. Sloppy, no regard for chain of custody, or proper preservation of evidence.

If Ms. Read hadn't had funds for decent private attorney's, Procter would not have been caught.
imo.

I took part in dark humor personally, while working in the ER. Saw many many things, and humor was used as a way to cope with all the ugly. But, NEVER would I have written it down. Anywhere. Hand written, text, group chat, e-mail.....NEVER.
I understand this is Proctor's personal cell phone correct? If it is his work phone then please correct me. Proctor likely never thought in a million years that his personal cell phone contents would be extracted and read aloud in court as part of a murder trial.
I personally know better than to discuss work things on my personal phone beyond a meme here and there. However I have had to deal with people that have chosen to use their work email or other applications in an inappropriate manner. The dark humour is something else and it is a means of coping with the obscene.
Proctor will probably be sent for 'sensitivity training'. He'll likely face internal discipline and embarrassing the force will be taken into account. His discipline history will also be taken into account if there is any. He is unionized and he'll have his union backing him as well as be entitled to legal assistance (I think....many police forces have the legal representation). Unless it can be proven that he acted in a manner that affected the investigation I doubt anything other than the loss of a few days pay will happen.

Proctor was also the lead investigator in the Ana Walshe disappearance/murder. A case which involved a lot of electronic data. And a victim who I think most people would agree was very attractive.

I can only shudder to think what his comments will have been regarding her.

This will be a huge boon for Brian Walshe's defense.
Oooh great point
They have a lot of valid evidence in that case the video from Home Depot, searches on the kids iPads etc -so hopefully Proctor doesn’t throw a wrench in that.
But you know his superiors really are not any better.
Boy did Bev make a mistake by not postponing this trial.
Her reputation is in the toilet along with LE - JMO

I am sort of surprised we didn't see " Bang Bang" in his /their group texts. Reminded me of a high school aged boy we may have come to know. ( CA )
I have no idea what you're talking about. Can you help me out?

From what I understand defendants are told to not emote anything because people read too much into it.
I think she's been pretty stoic this whole time.
I saw her looking especially tired and run down the day the kids were testifying.
Sometimes her nose looks red and it could be from crying. That was the day of the 911 call.
Today I did see a wry smile after Proctor had to testify, and he refused to look her in the eye.

I didn’t say anything was uncommon. You quoted my post but your comment really doesn’t answer my question.

I highly doubt all 12 jurors thought, “oh, go him! It was just a joke, just a little black humor lol”?? And how is it a joke? How is simply calling KR “retarded” as a descriptor a joke? Where is the punchline? That’s just being vitriolic and mean. He never met her yet all he did was use degrading terms to describe her. I still don’t see the punchline.

JMO
I think you got that right. Another thing that bothers me is that when any cop is killed in Southern California, departments give utmost respect towards the fallen officers, and their families. Scores of officers coming from everywhere are there. Why the complete absence of any respect and honor for John, from the very beginning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee