MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Innocent in the way, John wasn’t in the house and Jen didn’t know anything. Innocent in she’s telling her truth on the stand. Ok I know everyone is going to come at me….that why I said imagine. I would be extremely upset if people were harassing my family and children. It would be hard not to be angry and upset.
Why would people come at you? You've got a right to your opinion, just like everyone else.

So far, it sure seems that Jen's truth isn't always the truth. What did they get into that night?

Yep. And you know what could have cleared up at least the different testimonies about the state of the taillight? If someone took actual pictures of the car when the tow truck came to get her car. Two cops could have been there to witness and take photos. The tow driver would be there so he could have been another person to see the damage and pictures taken to further verify it. But nope! Here we are with solo cups filled with blood.

JMO
That would have been splendid! 2 cops, 3 phones, 4 counting the tow truck driver. Plenty of storage space on which to keep some critical evidence pics, and a built-in witness in the driver.

Yep. And you know what could have cleared up at least the different testimonies about the state of the taillight? If someone took actual pictures of the car when the tow truck came to get her car. Two cops could have been there to witness and take photos. The tow driver would be there so he could have been another person to see the damage and pictures taken to further verify it. But nope! Here we are with solo cups filled with blood.

JMO
They sure got some nice,clear shots of JOK's vehicle though. Funny that.

There is an ongoing investigation into Trooper Procter - so maybe they need for him to still be employed so they can follow his trail and be led to wherever/ whatever else dirty he is involved in.
The higher ups knew all along about this info he was testifying to today and they let it move forward - today is not an aha moment for the top brass at the MA State Police. It will be interesting to see what occurs with him in th elong run - if anything.

I feel bad for his wife and kids and the O'keefes. This guy disrespected not just Karen Read, but everybody in the state of Massachusetts. And worse it seemed acceptable to the bosses.
I should be shocked but alas I really am not when all is said and done. We need some wholesale cleanup and not just Massachusetts. Instead we have people trying to turn the clock back to the 1950"s.
JMO
Thanks for the info,:) I'm not from those parts (actually not from US and not in it) but it sure seems that the MS police culture is rotten at higher levels (or at least has a number of high level players who are rotten). Nothing will change I suppose if those in real positions of power above the levels held by the Proctors of the force are not brought to account. Maybe that will not happen.

On another note, do you think the O'Keefes were prepped for what happenned today? Becasue I'm finding Lally so shady, avoidant and underhand I'm having doubts that he prepped them openly and honestly.

1718052925297.png

1718054807127.png
wrap-around tail light fixture that extends to the lift gate
1718052975931.png

Lexus SUV for illustration purposes only -- from the ratio of clear plastic to red plastic, it follows that there would be more red pieces of plastic if the light was completely shattered. Also, noting that even the liftgate contains red tail light plastic

However, what doesn't follow is shards of red tail light plastic located over several days that were not the result of a force beyond a bump and fracture (crack) of the tail light plastic such as backing into another vehicle. This makes no sense to me.

Just as it makes no sense that there is no ring camera of JO exiting the SUV or KR striking him with her vehicle.

5/3/24 MSM Photo credit

I figured it out. The only reason that Lally and the CW could get the questionably 'perceived' evidence ( Tail light pieces) admitted into trial was through Proctor. The jury heard about them, through the testimony of the forensic scientists. They saw pictures of them, and labeled packages of them. But never were the actual pieces admitted until today. Because MP was the alpha point of said evidence.

But in doing this, Lally had to fall on his sword, or apply his own jihad vest ( stolen from 'X') or jump in front of the train that was Michael Proctor.

Major flooding reported in the Courtroom today.

MOO

If the choice is between having cops like Proctor and fewer cops, I'll take the latter.

However, it's a false dichotomy. It's clear that Proctor wasn't a lone wolf. He was sending these texts to his coworkers and superiors. The whole department was in on it. This starts with the higher-ups who were perfectly fine with Proctor's behavior until it became a national embarrassment.

This is the fundamental reason that the Feds have been investigating the MSP. The whole culture requires an attitude adjustment.
When it comes to small or medium sized police departments, the Lone wolf, single bad apple, argument about bad cops is almost always untrue. Bad cops don't hire on with small or medium honest departments that enforce standards, unless it's a very rare case of a new guy, they work for departments that allow that bad behavior or big departments where they can fly under the radar.
I won't name the cities involved but there is an Army base down south with 4 police/sheriff's departments in close proximity. 3 of them, it was known, if you wanted meth you dealt with PD A, weed, the deputies controlled it and anything else, the 'biggest PD in the area handled it. I personally saw cops from 2 different PDs, selling drugs from their patrol cars. Literally sitting in a bar parking lot and selling weed. The 'bigger PD' chief was convicted of selling drugs and guns from the evidence lockup. Think his officers aren't running their own side hustles?
One Sheriff's department down the road stopped sharing info on upcoming raids and warrants with those other 3 departments.
And it doesn't have to be something as bad as what I just wrote about. It can be something as 'minor' as 3-man PD falsifying work hours or running speed traps. Or looking the other way when another officer beats up somebody while off duty.
Unfortunately, those are the departments we see or hear about because the smaller PDs that are run honestly never make the news. Where I live currently, I've had nothing but positive interactions with the cops. Doesn't mean I've forgotten about the New Llano, LA cops pulling me over 7 times in 2 weeks and spending almost an hour searching my truck every time because I went out on a single date with a cops ex GF.

Respectfully, I don't think anybody said anything about "a small hole with wires sticking out." The tail light housing would need to be removed to expose the wiring.

12:15 p.m. — Kerry Roberts describes arriving at O’Keefe’s house on the morning of Jan. 29

Roberts told prosecutor Adam Lally that O’Keefe had Ring security cameras in his driveway and at his side door. He also kept a “big old blue convertible” in the garage, Roberts said.

“He was a neat freak,” she said. ”You took your shoes off” when entering his house, Roberts said.

Asked if that rule was “relatively strict,” she said, “ah, yes.”

Jennifer McCabe previously testified that she and Roberts both removed their shoes when they entered the home on Jan. 29, but Read did not.

Lally played video of the women arriving outside O’Keefe’s home on the morning of Jan. 29.

”Jen and I both had taken our shoes off ... in the garage,” Roberts said. “And Karen just walked in.”

Roberts said O’Keefe had access to his home security footage on his phone.

”Karen did point it out,” McCabe said of the taillight damage. “She said ‘my taillight, look at my taillight.’” Roberts said Read asked her if she thought she hit O’Keefe and Roberts said no but that she might have hit “something.”

Roberts said a piece of the taillight was sticking out and “I thought, ‘somebody’s going to catch their sleeve on that or something.’”

The women saw no sign of O’Keefe in the home, Roberts said.

Lally showed a photo of Read’s right taillight with a substantial portion missing. Roberts said that was the condition of the taillight when she saw it that morning, except that it was also “caked in snow.”

Roberts said Read “really wanted” to go to Fairview Road when the women were driving to O’Keefe’s house. Read said she left O’Keefe at the Waterfall the night before but McCabe told her she saw the two of them leave the bar together, Roberts testified.

”It was bad driving” that morning, with “very poor” visibility, Roberts said.

Respectfully, I don't think anybody said anything about "a small hole with wires sticking out." The tail light housing would need to be removed to expose the wiring.

12:15 p.m. — Kerry Roberts describes arriving at O’Keefe’s house on the morning of Jan. 29

Roberts told prosecutor Adam Lally that O’Keefe had Ring security cameras in his driveway and at his side door. He also kept a “big old blue convertible” in the garage, Roberts said.

“He was a neat freak,” she said. ”You took your shoes off” when entering his house, Roberts said.

Asked if that rule was “relatively strict,” she said, “ah, yes.”

Jennifer McCabe previously testified that she and Roberts both removed their shoes when they entered the home on Jan. 29, but Read did not.

Lally played video of the women arriving outside O’Keefe’s home on the morning of Jan. 29.

”Jen and I both had taken our shoes off ... in the garage,” Roberts said. “And Karen just walked in.”

Roberts said O’Keefe had access to his home security footage on his phone.

”Karen did point it out,” McCabe said of the taillight damage. “She said ‘my taillight, look at my taillight.’” Roberts said Read asked her if she thought she hit O’Keefe and Roberts said no but that she might have hit “something.”

Roberts said a piece of the taillight was sticking out and “I thought, ‘somebody’s going to catch their sleeve on that or something.’”

The women saw no sign of O’Keefe in the home, Roberts said.

Lally showed a photo of Read’s right taillight with a substantial portion missing. Roberts said that was the condition of the taillight when she saw it that morning, except that it was also “caked in snow.”

Roberts said Read “really wanted” to go to Fairview Road when the women were driving to O’Keefe’s house. Read said she left O’Keefe at the Waterfall the night before but McCabe told her she saw the two of them leave the bar together, Roberts testified.

”It was bad driving” that morning, with “very poor” visibility, Roberts said.

When Kerry was describing the small hole and then the snow on it, something was sticking out, at the time watching, I believed she said wires but something from the hole I interpreted as.

How many suspects, victims and witnesses phones has he searched in his career?
rsbm
I'd guess this is most likely his normal behavior. Even during testimony he still used the word "retarded," of course he made the correction, but he already said it, in front of jurors, all of them. moo

When it comes to small or medium sized police departments, the Lone wolf, single bad apple, argument about bad cops is almost always untrue. Bad cops don't hire on with small or medium honest departments that enforce standards, unless it's a very rare case of a new guy, they work for departments that allow that bad behavior or big departments where they can fly under the radar.
I won't name the cities involved but there is an Army base down south with 4 police/sheriff's departments in close proximity. 3 of them, it was known, if you wanted meth you dealt with PD A, weed, the deputies controlled it and anything else, the 'biggest PD in the area handled it. I personally saw cops from 2 different PDs, selling drugs from their patrol cars. Literally sitting in a bar parking lot and selling weed. The 'bigger PD' chief was convicted of selling drugs and guns from the evidence lockup. Think his officers aren't running their own side hustles?
One Sheriff's department down the road stopped sharing info on upcoming raids and warrants with those other 3 departments.
And it doesn't have to be something as bad as what I just wrote about. It can be something as 'minor' as 3-man PD falsifying work hours or running speed traps. Or looking the other way when another officer beats up somebody while off duty.
Unfortunately, those are the departments we see or hear about because the smaller PDs that are run honestly never make the news. Where I live currently, I've had nothing but positive interactions with the cops. Doesn't mean I've forgotten about the New Llano, LA cops pulling me over 7 times in 2 weeks and spending almost an hour searching my truck every time because I went out on a single date with a cops ex GF.
MA just had a huge overtime, well maybe not just, but doesn't seem long ago of State Troopers in an overtime/clocking in work but not there scandal. It goes on and as you say, they all seem to get in on it.. not all but the idiots, the greedy idiots and there goes everything down the drain for them and families. $$$$$$$

MA just had a huge overtime, well maybe not just, but doesn't seem long ago of State Troopers in an overtime/clocking in work but not there scandal. It goes on and as you say, they all seem to get in on it.. not all but the idiots, the greedy idiots and there goes everything down the drain for them and families. $$$$$$$
The MSP also had a CDL licensing bribery scandal that the Feds busted just a couple of months ago.

The MSP also had a CDL licensing bribery scandal that the Feds busted just a couple of months ago.

Oh so many, I live here and I knew one of the troopers way back, FURIOUS I was to see him involved. Threw it all away at this point in his life. I bet he'll lose his pension and def respect of his family, he wasn't a young blood anymore when this happened either, retired. This kind of thing has always gone on forever and most do get caught, in all departments. I'm just talking here, MA,but we know direct killings and things like THAT go on all over this country forever and continue if they feel they can get away with it. Very emboldened. Def the twisted minds of the 'good old boys network mentality' .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member