MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting-- I just watched witness Tully unbag OJO's black Nike sneaker located at the B Albert Fairview Rd residence. The sole of the shoe is white.

IMO, this shoe being entered into evidence does not match the photo of the shoe embedded in a snowbank and recovered from the Albert property. :oops:
That's so weird you said that. While I was watching it I wondered whether he had even been wearing sneakers that night??

Apologies as I'm not current in the testimony, but I feel like Proctor had a "tell" for his lying. In normal circumstances, he says "no," but then on certain items he would say "absolutely not." Those were the ones where it seemed he was lying IMO. And he said "absolutely not" a lot.
I thought Proctor's tell was him opening his mouth.

Yeah, surely not...If I had to chose I'd go with photo distortion. Technically should not be gravel or dirt as shoe evidence should be as found and not cleaned up imo. Though guess gravel or dirt may have fallen off when shoe dried out.

Yeah, remember the gold / blue dress fiasco from a few years ago?

Photographic lighting conditions can play havoc with how our brains perceive color.

edit -

Thank you. I heard the Judge direct the jurors to strike the comment but now I finally understand the comment! ...Proctor alleged Yannetti, a defense witness, and PI were at his sister's school yesterday.

ETA: i.e., Lally's elicited testimony from Proctor as his justification for hating Yannetti. MOO

Even though it's BS because the texts claiming he hated Yanetti weren't sent yesterday. They were sent months ago.

No expert.they may have been able to tape it with yellow/ black crime tape. But how embarrassing for the homeowners. Moo
Homeowner is law enforcement and a friend of the deceased. I would hope that they wouldn't mind the tape as long as a thorough, honest investigation was done on their property. Instead, JOK got a dumpster fire of an investigation and here we are.
IMO.

I wonder if copying it caused some things to happen but

I view it as the system problem. This case has gained generated a lot of following specifically because of the accusations of Nepotism. Someone in these threads went after BA’s daughter working for the CW. Some minor job. Now if the biggest job provider in the town of Waltham, Bentley University, has the child of a Dean working under her father’s wing, seems to be the epitome of nepotism, no?

<modsnip - off topic>

We are discussing the culture of the police. Locker room and male-dominant. But why am I suddenly feeling an observer of a game with two teams and their hometowns? Canton has the population of 28+K, and Waltham, 65+K. With Bentley University being the biggest job provider. If I were a betting person, I won’t bet on Canton winning.

It is not one woman against the CW, not at all. It is institutions. And now I understand why the CW is split.

On the human side, I totally understand her parents who are providing their child with full support in such a situation. And, I think that the trooper Proctor’s behavior was inappropriate at any minimally humane level.

But, I am torn myself. If she didn’t have her family, she’d be crushed. It doesn’t minimize the obvious situation: drunk driving, likely, hitting an equally impaired BF, leaving him in the snow, sobering up in the morning. I think this case was defendable, though, as Yanetti said, because it probably was a drinking-and-frost accident. And, yes, everyone was drinking and the case has the biggest teaching value in favor of AA. As well as an interesting social experiment.

To me, regardless of the outcome, there are no winners. KR? Definitely, not. Her family? No. Maybe, her lawyers winning a case, but not how they won it. The Canton PD? Surely not. The city of Canton? No. And - I understand why this case has not gained major US traction. There is no archetype people can identify with.
You still think she hit him with her car, despite it being painfully clear that Proctor was set on getting her convicted no matter what the truth was. I’m shawked and hawrified.

I have a question -- wasn't the earlier testimony that officers were advised to "drive past the house as many times as you need to in order to find the tail light pieces"? If they had found all these tail light pieces on 01/29, and they were so sure that it was KR within 16 hours, then why would officers need to be directed to drive by the house? If they found that much tail light, and they already thought it was her within 16 hours then wouldn't you direct your officers to go back there and shovel and look for taillight pieces? Those two things seem directly in conflict with one another. JMO

Mass resident here. Proctor made over $146,000 last year. Can’t decide whether I’m more angry or resigned.

Source: Department of State Police payroll
You should see how much Brian Albert was making!!! Well over $200!! That's how you get the million dollar house with the pool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper