MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@BienickWCVB

Paul says O'Keefe was thrown forward, then spun counter clockwise and fell backwards and hit his head.

Paul says he took Read's SUV back to the scene for testing, including what Read was would have seen behind her during the alleged crash. They did the testing during the day even though the incident happened at night.

Lally shows these pictures from the interior of Read's SUV including the screen that shows the backup camera when the vehicle is in reverse.

@BienickWCVB

Paul says this is what the driver of Read's SUV would see when turning to look over their right shoulder.

1718393115276.png

Paul says this is the driver's view of the console screen when the vehicle is in reverse. Shows backup camera and simulated 360 overhead view. Says the vehicle also has collision alert alarm that gets louder as it approaches an object.

1718393143827.png

Here's a close-up view of that console monitor with the backup camera and 360 overhead view.

1718393170408.png

Where did he hit his head? I haven't seen any evidence of what he hit his head on - anyone else, or did I miss it?
he is assuming his head hit the asphalt when he allegedly twirled.. but I'm not seeing it as being any more than a guess unless asphalt was examined for blood stains and if it was I have not seen it

State Trooper Joseph Paul: O’Keefe’s injuries were also consistent with getting struck by a vehicle

Maybe if that vehicle was being led by Santa’s reindeer

John O’Keefe and his loved ones, especially his niece and nephew, deserve so much better than this

Well how do they know that when they don't know how he was facing or what position he was in when struck?
The car traveled 97 feet from the time the event started recording, reaching maximum speed of 24 mph, with the pedal depressed to roughly 75% of maximum- is what that chart says. To me that is a person who floored it in reverse. It says nothing about hitting anyone.

She gave a scientific answer that the defense attorney skillfully used to imply that meant the glass "stood alone" implying it came from some third party. But that is not exactly what she said. She did say there was no physical match to the cocktail glass (jigsaw puzzle fit) but she also said there were physical matches to the glass on the ground outside the home. It is entirely possible for the glass on the bumper to be able to physically match the glass on the ground and for neither sample not to have an edge that matches anything on the cocktail glass or other fragments and for it still to have come from that cocktail glass. The entire mass of the glass was not recovered.

I don't believe that's true. The scientist didn't just compare the edges. She also examined the chemical composition and physical properties of the glass pieces and found that they did not match.

(And I should note that only one of several pieces matched a piece found on the ground. And that one piece was found by Michael Proctor.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x