MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea why the CW put Lally as the sole attorney to prosecute a case with so many witnesses and such a long length? Compared to say the Lori Vallow trial in Idaho, which had two attorneys?

No, but I can't explain anything the CW has done thus far including bringing this to trial as 2nd degree murder. JMO

I don't believe that's true. The scientist didn't just compare the edges. She also examined the chemical composition and physical properties of the glass pieces and found that they did not match.

(And I should note that only one of several pieces matched a piece found on the ground. And that one piece was found by Michael Proctor.)
Here is the testimony. What is the timestamp of the chemical analysis?

She describes her role at 2:30 and 5:03

How about....we conduct the experiment and actually recreate the conditions. Let's do it in front of 34F. Let's do it with snow on the ground. Let's do it where there is a 210 pound 6 ft 2 in fake body it hits. Then let's discuss.experience

Here is the testimony. What is the timestamp of the chemical analysis?

She describes her role at 2:30 and 5:03

Sorry, I can't go through all the testimony right now. But when I click on your link I can see that's not the correct scientist. Ashley Vallier did the matching of the taillight pieces. It was Christina Hanley who did the glass analysis.

edit - here's a recap where Hanley discusses using lab equipment to measure the refractive index of the glass. I'm pretty sure she talked about the chemical composition as well.

Some of the pieces of glass were a physical match, meaning they physically fit together, she said, and some had the same refractive characteristics as measured by laboratory equipment. Hanley said this indicated they came from the same source, or different sources with the same characteristics.

This is just plain ridiculous!! This guy is guessing at everything! He is not an expert. They cannot say she hit anything!! NO EVIDENCE THAT SHE HIT ANYTHING!!

This testimony seems like pure conjecture at best. The video of her vehicle backing up at a high rate of speed is bias because there is NO PROOF she backed in to him.

How about when she was panicking to find him and she backed out of his driveway. Did they measure that? Did they take into account her backing up when missing her turn? They didn’t answer any questions and made up the facts to meet their “theory”

They had him try to learn this information to become an expert in order to have somebody to once again try to prove their theory. They should have been able to hire an expert long before 2023 to give them accurate data that is believable.

@JHall7news

The judge is sending the jury home. She has to deal with some issues with this witness with the lawyers. Adam Lally attempted to get his opinion on Read backing into O’Keefe’s car and tapping it. Alan Jackson objected

So now the jury will go and the trooper is doing a “voir dire” - a preview of the testimony for the judge. He will review the ring video and give his opinion.

The Judge has told the jury the trial will be in session Monday - on Tuesday they will not be coming in because of similar “voir dire” sessions with defense expert witnesses. No court Wednesday due to the federal holiday.

So the Keystone cops in their little demonstration drove in reverse on a STRAIGHT road when it's painfully obvious there was a curve in the road at the so called crime scene. No measurements were shown or identified in that experiment. No measurements on the crime scene of how far things were from each other were provided. No diagrams were made showing where the hit occurred or where they thought KR was when she went in reverse. Nothing. Just some vague arrows. This is comparing apples and tulips in my opinion. My Gawd I've seen 5th grade science experiments done with better attention to detail.

@BienickWCVB

Lally wants to show Trooper Paul the Ring camera video of Read's SUV backing up in his driveway, when it comes close to or in contact with O'Keefe's car. Jackson objects. Sidebar.

Judge dismisses the jury for the day but continues with a voir dire hearing about the Ring camera video. Trooper Paul testifies that he does not see any snow fall from O'Keefe's vehicle when they come close or in contact.

Lally is now showing photos of O'Keefe's vehicle. Paul says it shows no damage.

@BienickWCVB

Paul says the damage to Read's taillight is not consistent with a low-speed collision with O'Keefe's vehicle. Paul says the vehicles' bumpers would have made contact instead of the taillights.

Jackson begins questioning by asking if Paul ever put the two cars next to each other for testing. Paul says no. Jackson asks if they tested how much force is needed to crack a taillight. Paul says no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader