MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve seen posters mention that her car should be equipped with sensors that automatically engage the brakes when coming close to backing into something. My own car has this, it comes to a jerky stop. But then KR’s car should’ve stopped her from backing into JO’s car. And we know her car absolutely made contact with his — evident in the video.

Perhaps it won’t auto-brake when going at a super slow speed like how she was in the driveway? I’m very curious about this

And I really don’t understand about her backing up so many feet. I think today left me even more confused surrounding the movement of her car that night.

But lots of cars don't have this. What's the year and model of the car in this case?

Ours (2016 car) does NOT have automatic braking. Nor do any of the cars driven by most people I know. Are we assuming that this car was late model?

Do we have the year and model?

She was agitated (and for all we know, impaired). People do all kinds of things when driving in that state.

IMO

Counterpoint - I’ve been in this exact situation.

I went out drinking with some friends. I had a little too much and it was snowing so I crashed at my friend’s. I had texted my mom earlier in the night but when I got to my friend’s, who has an android phone, I couldn’t charge my iPhone and it died.

My mom FREAKED when I didn’t text her back - she was out driving all night looking for me in the snow, going to hospitals, police, everything. She was convinced I was dead. I was 30 at the time :p So yeah, some people just react like this and catastrophize. I find it totally possible based on my experience alone.
But did your mum drop you off there?

she did indeed have multiple people who was there phone numbers.

She could have also driven there.
oh wait.. SHE FORGOT....

what else has she forgot??

She speaks very clearly in her dateline interview word for work about what happened and what was said etc.

Must have got her memory back conveniently after the evidence came out she was there.

suprise suprise.
She didn't have their numbers, she had to have the niece call the next morning.

But lots of cars don't have this. What's the year and model of the car in this case?

Ours (2016 car) does NOT have automatic braking. Nor do any of the cars driven by most people I know. Are we assuming that this car was late model?

She was agitated (and for all we know, impaired). People do all kinds of things when driving in that state.

IMO
I believe it's a 2021 Lexus LX570 SUV.

If I'm wrong hopefully someone will correct me.

what else has she forgot??

She speaks very clearly in her dateline interview word for work about what happened and what was said etc.

Must have got her memory back conveniently after the evidence came out she was there.

suprise suprise.

It's been a long time since I got really drunk, but yeah, your memory does return in dribs and drabs especially as people fill in little details and it starts coming back. It doesn't really surprise me that she would remember more after reconstructing events than she did that morning.

Jen McCabe stated that Karen thought she last saw John at the Waterfall, until Jen reminded her about being at 34 Fairview.

Hey, if you want to convict her for drunk driving, you'll get no argument from me. She likely drank too much and should have never gotten behind the wheel. But I don't think her swiss-cheese memory is evidence that she committed murder.

This is a critical statement.
There is no spainin this pretty important point away.

There really isn't.

I'm confused (following too many cases). So he was found in the street/sidewalk area? I thought he was found in the yard/backyard of his friends.

Are the two sides saying something different or...what is the source?

I'm SOOO glad you brought this up, as it fits perfecting line my my thoughts all along. John NEVER went into the house. Period. AB and whoever else was in the backyard with.....CHLOE!!! He's like, hey man, you got one? The old lady doesn't let me smoke. Something happens. I don't know what. Maybe it just Chloe, but whether it is an altercation before or after, I vise viscerally feel that John was attacked by Chloe that night. So maybe the cover up is simply to protect Chloe?

Moreso than anyone else, who is the most vulnerable being in this entire thing? It's Chloe. No one wants anything to happen to Chloe! If anyone found out Chloe did it they'd make us put her down. (Not discounting any of these other ba$$$ds didn't have a hand it, but I think that is what the initial coverup was about. Chloe. After seeing all of the photos and knowing I literally just got bit big time by my cat, my marks look EXACTLY like his. I think there was a lot of liquor flowing and a very few people made some really bad decisions. They thought it would go away, but it didn't. Once they realize that, they started onloading things as fast as possible. Chloe being the main one, where she was sent somewhere safe to live out her golden year. And at this point, if KR doesn't go to prison, the rest of us will at some point.
NO I tried that months ago, people cover for family not dogs

IMO
And thankfully, one of ours has the ability to turn the ABS off. (I find that it's more of a liability for driving in snow for some of us who were taught old-time skills for driving in ice and snow.)

It's been a long time since I got really drunk, but yeah, your memory does return in dribs and drabs especially as people fill in little detail and it starts coming back. It doesn't really surprise me that she would remember more after reconstructing events than she did that morning.

Hey, if you want to convict her for drunk driving, you'll get no argument from me. She likely drank too much and should have never gotten behind the wheel. But I don't think her swiss-cheese memory is evidence that she committed murder.
Agree

facing that she was drunk as a skunk...that is the moments when we are not at our finest.
We are likely to think irrationally... our anger is quadripled by the influence of alcohol.
Thats human nature.

It is not a stretch to see her unravelling that night as the evidence has lead LE to believe.

Nah....the 12:10 crows says he wasn't there.
Because: 'I went to the bathroom"
" I was cleaning. I like to clean"
" I was playing " It's raining men" and dancing while
looking out the window 5 times"
" I was sitting at the table, in the corner. Looking
out the window" ( That I'm now afraid to do )
All 12 of them that night.

Attachments

• IMG_3032.jpeg
    IMG_3032.jpeg
    114.4 KB · Views: 5
exactly!

This stuff is so black and white. IMO
If I have no contact with someone that I dropped off who had no car and they never came home I would have to assume they are still at the location where I left them.

Did Karen Read think that O'Keefe got a ride to somewhere other than his home and decided to just do a random search of the town looking for him? That doesn't make much sense to me. JMO.

If I have no contact with someone that I dropped off who had no car and they never came home I would have to assume they are still at the location where I left them.

Did Karen Read think that O'Keefe got a ride to somewhere other than his home and decided to just do a random search of the town looking for him? That doesn't make much sense to me. JMO.

Or didn't remember dropping him off there since she was drunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader