MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still failing to see the significance of this search, regardless of the time, but ONLY as it relates to KR. If I come upon my SO dead in the snow, and I'm reportedly hysterical, I don't believe for one second that in my one moment of clarity between hour(s) of hysterics, I take that opportunity to direct an extremely casual acquaintance to whip out their phone and conduct that search. That's simply not believable.

I can completely see the relevance of the search if the owner of the phone conducted that search, not at the behest of KR, however. amoo
Her search history appeared to show she made that specific search at 2 something in the morning..
This morning was chaotic because the live feed was switched off suddenly and there was a mishmash of reporting on what the experts said and showed.
And we still have to hear what defense experts say about that.

If anyone knows the answer to this, I know you guys will! Were any of the folks there that night smokers? I'm a smoker and would never smoke on someone's front step, I'd go for the side of back door. Was anyone standing round the side calling him over?
I'm SOOO glad you brought this up, as it fits perfecting line my my thoughts all along. John NEVER went into the house. Period. AB and whoever else was in the backyard with.....CHLOE!!! He's like, hey man, you got one? The old lady doesn't let me smoke. Something happens. I don't know what. Maybe it just Chloe, but whether it is an altercation before or after, I vise viscerally feel that John was attacked by Chloe that night. So maybe the cover up is simply to protect Chloe?

Moreso than anyone else, who is the most vulnerable being in this entire thing? It's Chloe. No one wants anything to happen to Chloe! If anyone found out Chloe did it they'd make us put her down. (Not discounting any of these other ba$$$ds didn't have a hand it, but I think that is what the initial coverup was about. Chloe. After seeing all of the photos and knowing I literally just got bit big time by my cat, my marks look EXACTLY like his. I think there was a lot of liquor flowing and a very few people made some really bad decisions. They thought it would go away, but it didn't. Once they realize that, they started onloading things as fast as possible. Chloe being the main one, where she was sent somewhere safe to live out her golden year. And at this point, if KR doesn't go to prison, the rest of us will at some point.

this point, we don’t even need to speculate that far. If the trip from Waterfall to Fairview and back go JO’s is just one key cycle (car turned off at home) and the next morning driving around then to Jen McCabe’s house and back to JO’s is also only one (car only turned off at home) the next key log (1164) is when she drives to her parents house. Not the testing by LE on 2/1.

Then you have to add in the towing of the car, the Sally port and the potential the car was turned off at JM’s house before returning to JO’s. Even being as generous to the prosecution, this evidence doesn’t add up
We already know KR went straight to JOKs house due to the timeline. Any extra mileage was from looking all over the place running around looking for JOK. My opinion is that she simply did not remember. She thought he was left a the bar. Forgot about dropping him off but didn't remember where 34F was.

Hyde told the court Friday that 2:27 a.m. could be the time the search tab was originally opened or moved. She said the last search in McCabe's phone was at 6:24 a.m.

"What's very special to know about this time stamp is that it's not necessarily the time of the search," she told the court. "I don't see evidence that the term was searched prior to that 6:24 time."
I found this witness to be very believable.

I'm sure the defense will have an expert witness that will tell the jury that she is wrong and the relevant search was done at 2:27 am and not 6:24 am. JMO.

We already know KR went straight to JOKs house due to the timeline. Any extra mileage was from looking all over the place running around looking for JOK. My opinion is that she simply did not remember. She thought he was left a the bar. Forgot about dropping him off but didn't remember where 34F was.
The thing about her not remembering where she last saw O'Keefe is why? Was she blackout drunk earlier?

If that's true it doesn't help her case. JMO.

She gave a scientific answer that the defense attorney skillfully used to imply that meant the glass "stood alone" implying it came from some third party. But that is not exactly what she said. She did say there was no physical match to the cocktail glass (jigsaw puzzle fit) but she also said there were physical matches to the glass on the ground outside the home. It is entirely possible for the glass on the bumper to be able to physically match the glass on the ground and for neither sample not to have an edge that matches anything on the cocktail glass or other fragments and for it still to have come from that cocktail glass. The entire mass of the glass was not recovered.

Have you seen the picture of the stand alone large piece found by proctor?
VPK aged child wouldn’t even consider it being a potential match.
I think it’s safe to assume that that piece isn’t coming from a cocktail glass. Therefore, if two pieces from the bumper match the large piece from the ground (proctor piece), we can safely say those two pieces aren’t from the cocktail glass.
The bigger picture here is that the only pieces from the bumper that match anything from the ground is proctor produced.

he truly is a Taillight Fairy.

Have you seen the picture of the stand alone large piece found by proctor?
VPK aged child wouldn’t even consider it being a potential match.
I think it’s safe to assume that that piece isn’t coming from a cocktail glass. Therefore, if two pieces from the bumper match the large piece from the ground (proctor piece), we can safely say those two pieces aren’t from the cocktail glass.
The bigger picture here is that the only pieces from the bumper that match anything from the ground is proctor produced.

he truly is a Taillight Fairy.
I haven't seen the picture of the large piece of glass found by Proctor. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I'll see if I can find it when I get a chance.

The thing about her not remembering where she last saw O'Keefe is why? Was she blackout drunk earlier?

If that's true it doesn't help her case. JMO.
I don't believe there is any evidence 9n support of thaat before it gets legs!!
OP was speculating.

I do think it's likely her search was frantic because of the weather conditions that night and he apparently had no coat..

He did not know the Alberts well enough to assume he would be invited to sleep over.

But karen has said she dropped him off at the ALBERTS.
Everything was great between them.

So why was she running around like a mad woman searching for him????

He is an adult....with a phone....hangin with his boys.
This is the narrative she produced.

Her own actions and words do not pass the sniff test.

I don't believe there is any evidence 9n support of thaat before it gets legs!!
OP was speculating.

I do think it's likely her search was frantic because of the weather conditions that night and he apparently had no coat..

He did not know the Alberts well enough to assume he would be invited to sleep over.
I don't know what to believe. Maybe you're right and the weather was so bad that she got lost during her search.

Hard for me to say. JMO.

People obviously don't handle situations, like an SO not coming home all night or calling or answering calls, in the same way. Some would be frantic if that kind of thing never happened. One could be really worried, especially with the bad weather. So I don't find her worry odd. JMO

I would have woke up worried too. And got in the car to look for him.

It doesn't make sense her driving around looking for him.

He was at his friends house. According to her.

It was a blizzard outside.
There is no chance JO was out wandering around in it.

Her behaviour reeks of someone in a frenzy who had done something terrible and dire and was still trying to work out what the heck to do with the nightmare she had created.

moo

This isn't the 1800's

JO was according to Karen ......
at that house.
nothing was wrong and JO was keen to get in there.

so her perspective HAS TO BE....
with a large group of friends drunk and cozy warm in a beautiful house having fun till they all fell asleep probably in a bed or on the floor in front of the fire.

SHE HAS A PHONE... HE HAS A PHONE....
they all got phones.

to communicate.

Karen had no purpose roaming around in a blizzard panicking about where was JO.
She knew where JO was.

come on now.

It doesn't make sense her driving around looking for him.

He was at his friends house. According to her.

It was a blizzard outside.
There is no chance JO was out wandering around in it.

Her behaviour reeks of someone in a frenzy who had done something terrible and dire and was still trying to work out what the heck to do with the nightmare she had created.

moo

Like I said some people might not care if their SO didn't come home all night but others would fear something happened. Just the differences in relationships and people.JMO

Like I said some people might not care if their SO didn't come home all night but others would fear something happened. Just the differences in relationships and people.JMO

Plus he had never not come home since they had the kids. The kids said they hadn’t heard from him and then she went out driving

Oh I care greatly.

I would have been as mad as Karen about him heading off into that house without me.
And she implies she didnt feel comfortable and he went without her.
I wouldnt have ran him over.
But I tell ya truthfully....
The smoke comin out my ears after 4 (ahem..9) drinks....a force to be reckoned with.

I would have made a scene with him too.

Oh I care greatly.

I would have been as mad as Karen about him heading off into that house without me.
And she implies she didnt feel comfortable and he went without her.
I wouldnt have ran him over.
But I tell ya truthfully....
The smoke comin out my ears after 4 (ahem..9) drinks....a force to be reckoned with.

I would have made a scene with him too.
So, you would have gone looking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members