MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Drug activity reported to Canton PD, I beileve it was the chief, this one, that put out the statement that no one from the Fairview address was on the vid or from the party..something. I am not talking about pot/weed at all. John O reported it and had a vid he submitted.. mistake unfort.
I wonder if he told Colin's father or confided in Brian. Def the other brother is a Canton PD, so there's that.

There was an alleged history between Colin and JO dating back to when they lived in the same neighborhood. JO was supposedly very "neat" and "orderly" and CA and buddies would cut across his lawn and throw beer cans on it.

During testimony Colin and his father, Chris, both poo poo'd that but I did not believe them.

Maybe a superficial comment, but IMO appearance and attitude matter in court. Many times more if you are on the jury and unable to switch off or get a coffee like we can do.

I groan every time I see or hear Lally, bumbling about in his huge stack of files, asking 5 questions when he could ask one, his head always down, there is no confidence there, he seems bored with himself.

Cue Jackson and Yanetti, the energy totally changes, they stand up straight, are natty and direct. They are not wasting the court's time. They appear intense and animated and I reckon thats not lost. All part of the "savoir faire"!
I groan more about his inane objections to every single syllable defense utters, before they have even finished a sentence.
I groan twice when judge upholds them

It's a clear tactic to break concentration and protect his..sheeps..

I groan more about his inane objections to every single syllable defense utters, before they have even finished a sentence.
I groan twice when judge upholds them

It's a clear tactic to break concentration and protect his..sheeps..
Jackson and Yanetti are the real deal. I want to believe they couldn't possibly lose.

MOO:

Something just strikes me about the drinking culture and entitlement of this group:
(the McCabes, the Alberts, Higgins. their kids, their cousins, the friends, etc.)

In the middle of a blizzard, well after dark, near midnight, drunk after bar-hopping and guzzling booze for a few hours, driving around town, and then having a late night after party.

Take all into account. there is a very good chance that something very bad is going to happen somewhere along the line. It just seems like they never considered, "well, maybe this is not the best thing to do."
YEAH but you didn't include the most important players here doing all the above.

Karen and John.

sbmff
Take all into account. there is a very good chance that something very bad is going to happen somewhere along the line.

And it did.
Karen admitted on a video interview (dateline??) she and John where quarrelling in the car about whether they were actually invited to kick on at this party.
It is a pretty easy to see visual and an even easier one what transpired beyond.

All roads lead to KR. imo

Now see, I see that as the defenses fault. They put this out there, knowing it would be disputed so of course the prosecution has to prove the time, other wise it looks like it’s true.
I'm behind but trying to catch up. What time is the prosecution trying to prove?

So wait, did I read that correctly? We’ve gone from she hit JOK at 24 mph to she hit JOK at 97 mph?
Yikes….. that is interesting and odd it would seem.

I am not able to view the charts of tables of vehicle telemetry well and some are quite blurred. I did see one row for vehicle MPH IIRC and another for Engine RPM along with many other conditions.

If it was snowy and icy perhaps the vehicle was slipping while moving in either direction? Hard to tell from the few data points given. But still would IMO not be likely seeing such a high rate of speed noted? And not in reverse IIUC?

Might have been nice to have a complete plot of the engine rpm and vehicle speed conditions etc. during the relevant period. MOO

YEAH but you didn't include the most important players here doing all the above.

Karen and John.

sbmff
Take all into account. there is a very good chance that something very bad is going to happen somewhere along the line.

And it did.
Karen admitted on a video interview (dateline??) she and John where quarrelling in the car about whether they were actually invited to kick on at this party.
It is a pretty easy to see visual and an even easier one what transpired beyond.

All roads lead to KR. imo
The FBI's investigation and GJ convening suggest that other shoe is about to drop, and the bad things aren't over yet. moo

Yikes….. that is interesting and odd it would seem.

I am not able to view the charts of tables of vehicle telemetry well and some are quite blurred. I did see one row for vehicle MPH IIRC and another for Engine RPM along with many other conditions.

If it was snowy and icy perhaps the vehicle was slipping while moving in either direction? Hard to tell from the few data points given. But still would IMO not be likely seeing such a high rate of speed noted? And not in reverse IIUC?

Might have been nice to have a complete plot of the engine rpm and vehicle speed conditions etc. during the relevant period. MOO
That would have been very nice, but incongruent with the CW's approach thus far. imoo

Hyde: the McCabe google search at 2:27 am was not necessarily when McCabe googled hos long to die in cod. That is when the tab used by the browser was originally opened.

Hyde says the system automatically updates so a search done later in the morning on the same tab can show earlier time stamp. "I don't know exactly what was paused" but she says McCabe was on a sports website at 2:27am (before going to sleep)

McCabe had testified her hands were cold and was typing quickly as Karen Read frantically asked her to do the google search after they found O'Keefe unresponsive in the snow.

@JHall7news
I'm still failing to see the significance of this search, regardless of the time, but ONLY as it relates to KR. If I come upon my SO dead in the snow, and I'm reportedly hysterical, I don't believe for one second that in my one moment of clarity between hour(s) of hysterics, I take that opportunity to direct an extremely casual acquaintance to whip out their phone and conduct that search. That's simply not believable.

I can completely see the relevance of the search if the owner of the phone conducted that search, not at the behest of KR, however. amoo

She is very well spoken. The camera angle doesn’t matter. I always find it off putting to read comments on a persons looks when they aren’t part of the evidence.
Yes, like when some posters commented on how they couldn't stand how KR was holding her mouth. (I didn't get it.)

In this case, however, I find OP's comment to be negative only toward the camera operator and rather sympathetic toward the witness. But that's just my opinion and only my opinion. I agree that the witness is well spoken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader