MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM I too have thought along these lines. She was drunk, no doubt. She called and texted many times. She passed out and then panicked when he wasn’t home. Possibly wondering if she pushed him too far with her messages and didn’t really want him to leave her. Wondering why he wouldn’t answer her - especially since he had never left the kids home alone since he adopted them. She obviously was in a state of panic, but that is not an indication of guilt to me.
It sounds like she experienced a level of desperation but it's a common dysfunctional relationship type desperation... push pull dynamics nothing necessarily to do with either alcohol or revenge as a general rule.. just the way they make us...
Serious question- has anybody here never been on this treadmill?

I have.

I didn't like it at all but anybody witnessing it would put my name forward for an episode of The Exorcist... it's like being possessed..

I don't know how bad it was with them.

They were both really really drunk. If you think this is the first time I got some property to sell you in AZ.

This seemed to be a way of life in Canton.

She had multiple sugeries and colin issues. She dropped him off and waited for him and then just couldn't wait any longer, so she headed home. She called him over and over again. She passed out. 4 hrs later she wakes up in a start and he is not there. She looks at her phone and finds she sent him FU messages and tries to remember why. She panicks when he won't answer and enlists help.

BBM - have they introduced her text messages or voicemails to JO in court yet? If so, can someone point me to which day, please. I haven't been able to keep up with the trial each day. Thanks so much!

So they need snow to fall off a car to prove that the wheel moved but they don’t need JO to have signs of abdominal or chest trauma or clavicle, tibial, femoral pelvic bone fractures to prove he got hit by a car?

They also don’t need to prove that JO’s arm striking KR’s polycarbonate car lights, as Trooper Paul implied, would be strong enough to break them? Bc I was under the impression before that the material was pretty durable.

They also don’t have to prove the physics for how or why after getting struck by KR’s car JO ‘s body would perform the same movements of a breakdancer as he falls and hits his head severely on the curve before twisting in the air like Simone Biles to land in the position he found in hours later, as Trooper Paul alleged?

We witnessed the rewriting of physics, probability anatomy, every volume of law and common sense ever written going back to the stone age..

Nah....the 12:10 crows says he wasn't there.
Because: 'I went to the bathroom"
" I was cleaning. I like to clean"
" I was playing " It's raining men" and dancing while
looking out the window 5 times"
" I was sitting at the table, in the corner. Looking
out the window" ( That I'm now afraid to do )
It must suck when your whole family is looking out the window and no one still notices you

Why is that a stretch? She reportedly couldn’t find the place the night before even with JM allegedly on the phone giving them directions. She had never been there before. Can totally believe she wouldn’t remember exactly where it was the next morning especially if she was hungover/still drunk and in a tizzy.
Independently maybe with a side eye.

But its the totality of her behaviour and the accumulation of lies and side eye actions that make me feel its a stretch to give her the benefit of doubt.

How many passes before we hit the red flag button?

There is just so many red flags for KR that are being dismissed..
Actually, every ...single... one... of... them.

Even being A DRUNK DRIVER is a pass for KR.

Anybody else would be the usual redflag of reckless...foolish ...irresponsible most likely reason for an accidental/ ill thought hit and run.

why is this excluded as a red flag?
why is this excluded from incriminating Karen Read?

Because she said so?
one minute she is a totally functioning drunk completely capable of driving with 10 drinks under her tiny belt.... ...the next she is black out drunk. can't remember a thing.
It's crazy.
Either way...its not karens fault! :eek:

BBM - have they introduced her text messages or voicemails to JO in court yet? If so, can someone point me to which day, please. I haven't been able to keep up with the trial each day. Thanks so much!
No but we already know she said stuff like "You're such a loser John" and my own sister's favorite "I Hate you!"

But its the totality of her behaviour and the accumulation of lies and side eye actions that make me feel its a stretch to give her the benefit of doubt.

Anybody else would be the usual redflag of reckless...foolish ...irresponsible most likely reason for an accidental/ ill thought hit and run.

Because she said so?
one minute she is a totally functioning drunk completely capable of driving with 10 drinks under her tiny belt.... ...the next she is black out drunk. can't remember a thing.
It's crazy.
For real? EVERYONE ELSE at that house that night including Brian Higgins who decided to go to the office at 1:30 am for some strange reason

Because she said so?
It's crazy.
I know it prob seems like I’m picking you but I promise I’m not! I am really trying to discuss this in good faith.

I agree there are red flags about KR. Her story has changed a bit and there are some inconsistencies. I can find rationalizations for some of this - trauma, stress, and alcohol all do affect memory. But the red flags are there nonetheless.

Personally I wouldn’t mind from a moral perspective if she did take the hit for the OUI charge - but she’s certainly not the only one driving that night who was under the influence. I kind of have an ideological/ethical hang up with the principle of retroactive BAC so if I were on the jury I prob wouldn’t convict on that charge, but that’s a me thing.

But for as many red flags as KR has, I think the other people involved had just as many. I don’t think the other people involved that night behaved like innocent and uninvolved third parties. I think th ethical lapses by multiple members of LE should probably disqualify or at least cast a big shadow on their evidence and testimony.

So I hear you - there are red flags about KR. But the same is true for a lot of people in this case.

what does that have to do with my post though?
my post is about the defendant karen read and HER behaviour.

Specifically being a drunk driver.
I agree with your posts about Karen and her behavior. She's the person who's on trial with her actions and words being very important to this case. JMO.

So they need snow to fall off a car to prove that the wheel moved but they don’t need JO to have signs of abdominal or chest trauma or clavicle, tibial, femoral pelvic bone fractures to prove he got hit by a car?
And somehow his legs were hit hard enough to propel his shoe through the air but not hard enough to leave a single mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02