MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing else these witnesses have said is to be believed.

And according to Karen JO wasn't mad...there was no problems.
So why would she think that.
It was all lovey dovey later gater.

JO had a phone. He is an adult man.
He was perfectly capable of using his phone to contact her when and if he wanted to.

Karen was not a pathetic little women in the background.
She was hard on the grog too that night. Party party party.

<modsnip - off topic content?
Exactly he is grown man perfectly capable of using his phone but he doesn’t to contact her or answer his niece just to see where he is, if he is okay and if or when he plans to come home considering the snowstorm. It is not about babying him but being concerned for a loved one, in particular in regards to the weather and the snow on the road getting thicker.

He is grown man who loves his niece and nephew. It is not beyond the realm of possibility that if he saw 53 missed calls from KR, who is home with his niece, he answer or call back or at least call his niece to check and make sure everything is okay with them and assuring them he is fine so KR doesn’t have to call him as much anymore.

Also, KR in her dazed slightly intoxicated state said they had a fight to JM and KRe. Perhaps she misremembering their fight from the morning before over Dunkin Donuts, or their disagreement about being invited to the Alberts or the fact she did text him angrily and left angry voice messages, but whatever it was at that time she thought they had a fight. Perhaps it is after she sobers and her memory is less cloudy or unclear that she realized her interpretations weren’t right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly he is grown man perfectly capable of using his phone but he doesn’t to contact her or answer his niece just to see where he is, if he is okay and if or when he plans to come home considering the snowstorm. It is not about babying him but being concerned for a loved one, in particular in regards to the weather and the snow on the road getting thicker.

He is grown man who loves his niece and nephew. It is not beyond the realm of possibility that if he saw 53 missed calls from KR, who is home with his niece, he answer or call back or at least call his niece to check and make sure everything is okay with them and assuring them he is fine so KR doesn’t have to call him as much anymore.

Also, KR in her dazed slightly intoxicated state said they had a fight to JM and KRe. Perhaps she misremembering their fight from the morning before over Dunkin Donuts, or their disagreement about being invited to the Alberts or the fact she did text him angrily and left angry voice messages, but whatever it was at that time she thought they had a fight. Perhaps it is after she sobers and her memory is less cloudy or unclear that she realized her interpretations weren’t right.
And he didnt answer his phone from the get go...
because he lay dying out on that lawn from the moment Karen drove off.
IMO

Her search history appeared to show she made that specific search at 2 something in the morning..
This morning was chaotic because the live feed was switched off suddenly and there was a mishmash of reporting on what the experts said and showed.
And we still have to hear what defense experts say about that.
I'm suggesting that JM is not believable in her testimony as it pertains to this search and her contention that KR asked her to perform it.

I'm suggesting that JM is not believable in her testimony as it pertains to this search and her contention that KR asked her to perform it.
I agree with you..
Strong arguments for this hypotheses here
https://www.insideedition.com/sites.../Kared Read Defense Motion - Text Message.pdf

Her behaviour on the witness stand didn't do her any favors either. She was very hostile.
I think it was the last thing on Kar's mind as it would be with anyone finding themselves in that situation, which you have pointed out.

On a separate note I was not following the mobs and for the purpose of the trial discussion, I find them irrelevant. I didn't catch any of that action and I'll be giving it a miss.. I saw them fighting on X and it was dirty so I moved along, no useful info would be gained there I figured..

I've never seen a trial like this... I've never seen such a weak prosecution. Never!

I am convinced that KR is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The evidence indicates she was the last person to see him alive, and fragments of a broken tail light matching her vehicle were found near where she dropped him off. Furthermore, the broken tail light contains JO's DNA. A hair matching JO's DNA was discovered on the back of KO's vehicle. KR made statements to multiple individuals about hitting him or potentially hitting him. KR also knew precisely where his body was located even though he was covered in the snow. Additionally, the telematic data evidence provided further incriminating evidence showing she intentionally reversed the vehicle quite a distance with her foot pressing three quarters of the way down on the accelerator. Based on my understanding from todays testimony, her car's reverse camera would have been emitting loud beeping sounds to warn her of an imminent collision. I hope the jury can remain focused on the facts and not be distracted by the side show.
I’m convinced also and didn’t need half the evidence to feel that way. I don’t need a crash reconstruction. I don’t care what the FBI crash guys say. Her tail lights were with John’s body…..her own words and actions speak louder than anything. Karen knows it also. Saddest part to me is she ruins many lives, knowing she did it. JMO

<modsnip - off topic>

And according to Karen JO wasn't mad...there was no problems.
So why would she think that.
It was all lovey dovey later gater.

JO had a phone. He is an adult man.
He was perfectly capable of using his phone to contact her when and if he wanted to.

Karen was not a pathetic little women in the background.
She was hard on the grog too that night. Party party party.

***WILD SPECULATION***
Dropping off her goodtime playboy at a party where other women and combined couple's were and she just toddles off home to bed and waits for a phone call to come collect him when he is ready.

Like hell! no chance.

edited to change a incorrect use of a word that doesnt reflect the point.
Actually I found Kerry 100 percent spot on. Had to laugh cause there is no way Karen is sitting outside texting John for 10 minutes. She would have been right in the house after him!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am convinced that KR is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The evidence indicates she was the last person to see him alive, and fragments of a broken tail light matching her vehicle were found near where she dropped him off. Furthermore, the broken tail light contains JO's DNA. A hair matching JO's DNA was discovered on the back of KO's vehicle. KR made statements to multiple individuals about hitting him or potentially hitting him. KR also knew precisely where his body was located even though he was covered in the snow. Additionally, the telematic data evidence provided further incriminating evidence showing she intentionally reversed the vehicle quite a distance with her foot pressing three quarters of the way down on the accelerator. Based on my understanding from todays testimony, her car's reverse camera would have been emitting loud beeping sounds to warn her of an imminent collision. I hope the jury can remain focused on the facts and not be distracted by the side show.
100% spot on.

Remove all the white noise.

IT is more than enough for me.
And there is no reason not to assume their are folk on the jury that see through the circus.

I think where the defence has mis stepped, they keep doing the same trick with every person... one trick pony.

Everyones a liar!!!!
everyone I tell ya!!
except Karen.

It is easy to see through. IMO

Aren't you the one who said they must prove the times? Maybe you aren't the OP. My apologies.
I may have said I wanted to see the time when the first pieces of tail light were found and they got custody of KR car. I’ve never believed John made it in the house or everyone is in on covering for the Albert’s.

100% spot on.

Remove all the white noise.

IT is more than enough for me.
And there is no reason not to assume their are folk on the jury that see through the circus.

I think where the defence has mis stepped, they keep doing the same trick with every person... one trick pony.

Everyones a liar!!!!
everyone I tell ya!!
except Karen.

It is easy to see through. IMO
Would you be willing to share specifically what has convinced you? I'd like to consider the totality of all evidence as you see it. TIA

Maybe it was unusual for him not to pick up her calls or return texts? After so many calls, I would think that if he fell asleep there, someone would have said,"Dude, someone's blowing up your phone." So, it makes sense to me why she thought he might not be there.
It would make more sense to drive straight to where you last had contact with someone instead of aimlessly driving around town if you lose contact with them. JMO.

Would you be willing to share specifically what has convinced you? I'd like to consider the totality of all evidence as you see it. TIA
There is so much.
Honestly.

And to be fair to everyone, OK explain a particular point away but it's not realistic IMO that the volume of people needed to complete a conspiracy to frame Karen Reed against the sheer volume of total incriminating words and actions from her....too many hoops and loops for what??
nobody likes their friends that much....
seriously. Not collectively. Upward of a dozen people. None of them trip up. Nobody breaks code..
Hard to believe.

Karen couldn't even say with half a dozen mics in front of her on the court room steps.....
when asked did she kill John...she didn't answer the question.
holy moly!!!
that was a biggie for me.

Center mass to me is the middle of the chest as depicted in shooting range targets. Like where police are trained to shoot.
That's the center of the most vulnerable (to death via gunshot) areas in the body, that also allow a margin for error. (The head doesn't allow much margin for error.

Complicating things, center of mass is not the same as center of gravity.

There is so much.
Honestly.

And to be fair to everyone, OK explain a particular point away but it's not realistic IMO that the volume of people needed to complete a conspiracy to frame Karen Reed against the sheer volume of total incriminating words and actions from her....too many hoops and loops for what??
nobody likes their friends that much....
seriously. Not collectively. Upward of a dozen people. None of them trip up. Nobody breaks code..
Hard to believe.

Karen couldn't even say with half a dozen mics in front of her on the court room steps.....
when asked did she kill John...she didn't answer the question.
holy moly!!!
that was a biggie for me.
I should have asked differently. I'm sorry. Specifically, what evidence presented under oath in court has convinced you of KR's guilt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC