MA - Professor Karen Read, 43, charged with murdering police officer boyfriend John O'Keefe by hitting him with car, Canton, 14 Apr 2023 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is so much.
Honestly.

And to be fair to everyone, OK explain a particular point away but it's not realistic IMO that the volume of people needed to complete a conspiracy to frame Karen Reed against the sheer volume of total incriminating words and actions from her....too many hoops and loops for what??
nobody likes their friends that much....
seriously. Not collectively. Upward of a dozen people. None of them trip up. Nobody breaks code..
Hard to believe.

Karen couldn't even say with half a dozen mics in front of her on the court room steps.....
when asked did she kill John...she didn't answer the question.
holy moly!!!
that was a biggie for me.
OMG the court room steps! Yeah she totally paused and said we know who did this……I caught that big time. Then her attorney stepped in.

I'm confused (following too many cases). So he was found in the street/sidewalk area? I thought he was found in the yard/backyard of his friends.

Are the two sides saying something different or...what is the source?
No, found in the front garden but the house was never searched and the back garden never searched either... Complete chaos..

I've seen people say things like "there couldn't be a cover-up, it would take too many people."

Not really. All it takes is the lead investigator being unwilling or unable to treat anybody besides KR as a suspect or potential suspect. Once you have that ingredient, you don't need much else.

The lead investigator's text messages and other evidence (including his own admissions during his testimony to the jury) prove that he was motivated by an intense hatred for KR. He wanted for her to commit suicide.

Last edited:
Where did he hit his head? I haven't seen any evidence of what he hit his head on - anyone else, or did I miss it?
I am a perpetual clutz. I have fallen on asphalt numerous times (slips and falls on ice, bicycle wrecks) and sustained road rash, cuts, bruises, etc. In almost every instance, some type of road debris, like tiny pieces of asphalt and/or dirt, had to be removed from my injuries.

I would think that the ER personnel or ME would have noted some debris found within that head wound since it was apparently a hard enough hit to fracture his skull. Perhaps the ME will mention that on the stand but from my own experiences with non-life threatening falls on streets, an injury like OJO's seems a bit suss if there isn't any kind of debris found within it. If he did, in fact, hit it on the street/curb as Trooper Paul stated.

Also, remember we only ever learned about those text messages because of the feds. He even admitted on the stand that he would not have disclosed them if for the federal investigation.

So, at minimum, the lead investigator has admitted that he fully intended to conceal exculpatory evidence (the text messages) and was only prevented from doing so because of the feds.

At that point, it would be asinine to suggest that he couldn't have also tried to conceal other things.

If the cw was interested in finding out who really killed JO then the dna from others mixed with JO's blood on his jeans and other clothing would have been tested. I'll be waiting for the defense to hammer home that point. And if there is a civil suit against KR I would bet that dna gets tested by her defense.MOO

idk why anyone would need more than the broken taillight pieces and his hair on the back of her vehicle - there is more but that's enough for me
Because that's just not good enough to send someone to prison for the rest of her life, especially when there is compelling evidence to suggest that there are alternative suspects who might’ve been the real perpetrators.

Alternative suspects who weren't really investigated at all, despite living nearby.

she did indeed have multiple people who was there phone numbers.

She could have also driven there.
oh wait.. SHE FORGOT....

what else has she forgot??

She speaks very clearly in her dateline interview word for work about what happened and what was said etc.

Must have got her memory back conveniently after the evidence came out she was there.

suprise suprise.
Not to detract from your thoughts/opinion, but I have some experience with memory recall post-drinking.

As a young Soldier, I tied on many a good drunken state - to an almost blackout point. Upon first waking, I couldn't remember much of the night before, and, what I could recall initially was from earlier on in the evening before the booze took full effect. My memories were fuzzy at best.

While nursing my hangover, I'd lay in bed (one foot on the floor to keep the room from spinning) and think about the night, trying to remember if I'd made a fool of myself. With time, more (clear) memories came to me on my own. Or, others I was with reminded me of events that I could then recall clearly.

These are my own experiences, and, why I can believe that with time, some of KR's memories would come back to her - especially as she had to recount multiple times in the coming days what happened that night.

idk why anyone would need more than the broken taillight pieces and his hair on the back of her vehicle - there is more but that's enough for me
The taillight pieces are actually the main piece of evidence that makes me both think that she's not guilty, and that there has been an attempt to frame her.

The taillight and reverse light have been completely shattered into 45 pieces. I simply cannot believe that contact with a human being at no more than 24mph would cause it both to do that and to scatter the pieces onto the lawn in the manner that they did. It simply must have been tampered with by LE in order for that to happen.

Luckily for us, we left off on Friday almost at the exact point where the CW might be about to try and explain this with the relevant witness. Let's see what happens!

I am convinced that KR is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The evidence indicates she was the last person to see him alive, and fragments of a broken tail light matching her vehicle were found near where she dropped him off. Furthermore, the broken tail light contains JO's DNA. A hair matching JO's DNA was discovered on the back of KO's vehicle. KR made statements to multiple individuals about hitting him or potentially hitting him. KR also knew precisely where his body was located even though he was covered in the snow. Additionally, the telematic data evidence provided further incriminating evidence showing she intentionally reversed the vehicle quite a distance with her foot pressing three quarters of the way down on the accelerator. Based on my understanding from todays testimony, her car's reverse camera would have been emitting loud beeping sounds to warn her of an imminent collision. I hope the jury can remain focused on the facts and not be distracted by the side show.

All this evidence and DNA you just cited we have no chain of custody. No evidence log. From the day of the murder until months later I have no idea where that evidence was. Therefore I choose to take nothing from that.

It has nothing to do about Karen being worried or not.

I'm just not understanding why she would think he left the Fairview house. JMO.
An explanation might be that during JM's direction-giving, she mentioned "Bella's house" being quite near 34F. Given the Aruba incident, KR may have some knowledge of how OJO tended to act when drunk and suspected he may have gone to visit Bella's mom (an ex-girlfriend of OJO) in a drunken state.

Purely speculation on my part of why she may have thought he left 34F.

An explanation might be that during JM's direction-giving, she mentioned "Bella's house" being quite near 34F. Given the Aruba incident, KR may have some knowledge of how OJO tended to act when drunk and suspected he may have gone to visit Bella's mom (an ex-girlfriend of OJO) in a drunken state.

Purely speculation on my part of why she may have thought he left 34F.
I don't think Karen even remembered dropping him off at the Alberts. Her last clear memory seemed to be being at the Waterfall, so she drove by there. As others have said, having gaps in one's memory is pretty common after getting drunk.

Only when she spoke with Jen McCabe was she reminded about the drop-off. So that's why Jen, Kerry and Karen all went there.

And somehow his legs were hit hard enough to propel his shoe through the air but not hard enough to leave a single mark.
Anybody know if the shoe landed in front or behind the JO and how far? Looks like it was found on the edge of the grass/road. If I am correct it flew over the car??(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mhmkay..